ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Joe's babysitter has COVID again......boy, those Pfizer drugs are working great. First, you get the disease you are quadruple vaccinated against. Then, you use a Pfizer drug to crush your immune system (again) and produce a negative result. Then, you get the 'rare' rebound COVID case which in the BIden Crime family is batting 100 percent.

But, the best tennis player on the planet isn't allowed into the USA to play the US Open because he won't inject the "Death Jab".

To quote lying @stoneaxe27 , I mean lying Joe: 'Folks, today I tested positive for COVID again,' Biden said. 'This happens with a small minority of folks. I've got no symptoms but I am going to isolate for the safety of everyone around me. I'm still at work, and will be back on the road soon.'

It happens to 100 percent of Bidens. They are just using it to hide Dementia Joe again since he is a close contact. Another 10 days for Joe in the senior home.

Last edited:
My generation was brainwashed "wHeRe yOu gOiNg tO cOlLeGe" with absolutely no guidance as to what degrees would be worth more than their weight.

Get out of here that forgiving loans wouldnt help the poor. There are millions waiting tables and bartending with worthless degrees and 5 figure college debt.

You have zero clue.
I do not usually disagree with you, but this post lacks any personal responsibility.

Bad degrees, Junior Colleges and joining the military are not "new things". Young people have options now just like my generation did.

The Biden Administration is fully transparent in its attempt to buy some votes going into the fall. This is a horrible idea.

Reactions: bung23
It's pretty clear to me the student loan thing is blatant vote buying. Young voter support of Biden has tanked after being very strong in 2020, and the Blues want to mitigate any possible taint going into the midterms (though it doesn't appearto have hurt them congressionally yet).

I'm one of those curmudgeons who paid off all his student loans while driving a 1970s model US built car with 150,000 miles on it, living in a squalid apartment with 5-6 pieces of used furniture, and had forgotten what the inside of a restaurant looked like. So while I have sympathy for someone owing $100K for a degree that does nothing for their employment prospects, it's not my plumber's fault, or my children's fault, people made bad decisions. The money I paid back (at 7-8%+) is the money the bailout recipients borrowed. So the gov't beak is dipping twice into my bowl on this issue.

I do not usually disagree with you, but this post lacks any personal responsibility.

Bad degrees, Junior Colleges and joining the military are not "new things". Young people have options now just like my generation did.

The Biden Administration is fully transparent in its attempt to buy some votes going into the fall. This is a horrible idea.
And it's fine if you disagree with my take here. We don't have to agree on everything. I was fully aware my opinion would not be well taken by most on here.

There's some personal responsibility but there's also some really shitty guidance out there and was a heavy push for my generation "wHaT cOlLeGe aRe yOu gOiNg tO".

I'm not absolving myself of any responsibility as I was the one that went and followed the guidelines of the financial aid office and signed the dotted line but I don't think I should be paying for it the rest of my life either.

My college degree is a timeshare condominium but it is what it is. It's not like me advocating for some semblance of income based loan forgiveness is going to change too many political minds.

Last edited:

3 billion to another country... with its previous ties to the biden family..

so ya.. if I get 10k forgiven on my student loans my moral compass isn't going to break.

just being honest.

• Haha
Reactions: ILisBest

I don’t agree with Amash on everything, but he’s spot on here. This does nothing to address the problem.
Certainly not. The government created the issue of insulated far left professors abd their beliefs taking over the college culture. It’s how the university system can stay insulated from the real world and pay for people coming up with completely idiotic ideas and language changes and then making a curriculum out of the stupid. A liberal arts professor is not worth as much as a physics professor. Sorry. Those are facts. One is more important in real life and the work place.

I respect your opinion on this and I agree that we can't just continue to say "oh ok we'll wipe the slate clean" but I think there is drastically more affordable options for college now (and the system should improve even more) and there desperately needs to be some sort of people to reduce student loan debt.

Nobody out there, besides the government and only the government, is gaining anything from me paying student loans for the rest of my life when that money could be going to the economy instead.. Buying houses.. Buying cars.. Eating out.. Going on a vacation.

And whatever they're trying to do won't probably pass and maybe I'm not 100% for it in the language that is stated but the student loan crises needs to be addressed and help needs to be given.
My son-in-law just finished paying his student loans off about a month ago. He and my daughter budgeted their money very carefully so they could accomplish this. How do think he might feel about this loan forgiveness program?

Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest
My son-in-law just finished paying his student loans off about a month ago. He and my daughter budgeted their money very carefully so they could accomplish this. How do think he might feel about this loan forgiveness program?
To be candid I don't really care.

I understand why some feel that way, but then you can’t expect people to care about those struggling to pay off loans.

It cuts both ways. I suspect my son-in-law wouldn’t care if you’re still paying your loan off when you’re 80 years old.
It does cut both ways and here I am reading "tough shit" to anybody drowning in student loan debt.

I can't imagine what he'd actually say maybe "woulda been nice if they had done that 2 years ago".

And it's fine if you disagree with my take here. We don't have to agree on everything. I was fully aware my opinion would not be well taken by most on here.

There's some personal responsibility but there's also some really shitty guidance out there and was a heavy push for my generation "wHaT cOlLeGe aRe yOu gOiNg tO".

I'm not absolving myself of any responsibility as I was the one that went and followed the guidelines of the financial aid office and signed the dotted line but I don't think I should be paying for it the rest of my life either.

My college degree is a timeshare condominium but it is what it is. It's not like me advocating for some semblance of income based loan forgiveness is going to change too many political minds.

There has been bad advice going around since the beginning of time. Is it worse now? Quite possibly.

True story..

My son's gf just graduated in May. She earned her degree in Kinesiology. She wanted to go on to Dental school, but felt Organic Chem 2 was going to be too tall of a mountain based on it taking her twice to pass the first version. Her stated plan was to work this summer as a waitress and go back to school for 2 to 3 years and get a Dental Hygienist degree. Mind you, she is currently 120K in debt. So, this would tack on another 60k to her debt to get a degree that has starting pay in the 40k range depending on where you live. The upside is little as you would be cleaning teeth in 20 years also.

My wife and I spent a lot of time with them discussing this decision and why it did not make sense. I also pointed out to them how it was not just a 60k(additional debt) decision as she would also lose the wages she could potentially make for two years which I estimated to be about 120k. So, that made this a -$180,000 decision in just the short run.

We suggested she start applying for sales jobs in the dental and medical field. This is a time where people in sales are really making bank. After her and my son discussed it, she followed our plan.

To our surprise her mother tried to talk her out of it. She stated, " it has always been your dream to work in a dentist office". Yes, her mom wanted her to take on the additional debt to get a hygienist degree. I was shocked. I was on speaker phone when they told me and I proceeded to tell her people that go to school for 6/7 years are called doctor, not hygienist.

She ended up interviewing for a few sales jobs and took one selling dental supplies. She has only been in it for 6 weeks, but loves it! She says she should easily make 65k this year with a shot at 75k.

Some parents are not as helpful as others in the advice category.

It does cut both ways and here I am reading "tough shit" to anybody drowning in student loan debt.

I can't imagine what he'd actually say maybe "woulda been nice if they had done that 2 years ago".

It sucks it has come to this, and it really is just a shitty bandaid.

I can’t stand when people like Lizzie Warren talk about it. She’s a politician and an overpaid professor. People like her created the problem.

To be candid I don't really care.
And this is exactly why people resent paying off your bad debt. There is no gratitude, no humility, no responsibility, and in general this is what you get from someone who feels entitled to freebies.

The reality is you will now want the other 60k magically removed. You would be far better off with 70k and a strong economy. It appears the Democrats have gotten you to put their noose around your neck. They will soon own you as you are addicted to the little bits of Hunters crack collection that they throw your way on occasion.

• Haha
The amount of time it took to type out nearly 40,000 posts on this board would’ve easily been enough time to get a job to pay off that debt, afford a mortgage, and likely a decent car.
You just can't let it go can you pharmacist?

Goodness I truly pray for your soul.

I understand why some feel that way, but then you can’t expect people to care about those struggling to pay off loans.

It cuts both ways. I suspect my son-in-law wouldn’t care if you’re still paying your loan off when you’re 80 years old.
I was in a bit of a hurry earlier (leaving to get food before church) but to touch on this a bit more seriously my response was meant to be a bit intentionally ironic given the flow of the conversation of people who don't have debt from school not sympathetic about others' debt.

And Ohio you're probably right as people generally only care about their own circumstances and what affects them directly. Which is a huge part of the problem in the world we live in today (not saying that applies specifically to anybody in this conversation).

I do think 1.6 trillion dollars in higher education debt is a issue negatively impacting quite a few people. I also don't think this fixes that and real practical conversations across the political isle need to transpire to see where fixes can be made.

As I mentioned before a better utilization towards JUCOs would be step 1 for me for filing for FASFA money. Many people who occurred debt going for to a 4 year school for 4 years could have saved quite a bit if they were properly guided.

There's never going to be a one size fits all fix to anything.

*pharmacist that borrowed 100% of his tuition and living expenses to get through school and has worked 2 jobs for a decade to pay his debts back.
It's just a shame that doesn't somehow prevent you from being a dickhead.

You remind me of the pharmacist off Peacock's "Superstore" with that condescending little man syndrome to a T.

It really is something.

😂 Attempt to insult me just one post after sending me prayers. Typical.
Yes because we both know those prayers were certainly heartfelt.

Typical is you joining a thread just to try to zing me as has been your schtick for, what, a year now?

All because you flip flopped on vaccine hesitancy and got called out on it and decided to develop a grudge against somebody on a message board for this long.

It's something you would expect to see from a 13 year old girl yet here we are. But, cool, you paid off your student debt.

Yes because we both know those prayers were certainly heartfelt.

Typical is you joining a thread just to try to zing me as has been your schtick for, what, a year now?

All because you flip flopped on vaccine hesitancy and got called out on it and decided to develop a grudge against somebody on a message board for this long.

It's something you would expect to see from a 13 year old girl yet here we are. But, cool, you paid off your student debt.
No matter how many times you try, you can’t type it into existence lil’ Joel.

No matter how many times you try, you can’t type it into existence lil’ Joel.
What do I need to type into existence?

Fact 1. We got along just fine on this board for nearly a decade.

Fact 2. You private messaged me you could no longer handle Doug B during COVID and you were done.

Fact 3. You and Gio actually had a back and forth over when you would be comfortable getting the vaccine after you said you were in no hurry for it when it first came out.

Fact 4. I pointed this out and a back and forth ensued and things were said when you were making fun of dhaab.

Fact 5. It was heated enough you decided to tell me I was a keyboard warrior, among other things, and I invited you to meet me anytime at Fast Eddie's to have a bar and continue our discussion in person.

Fact 6. You strangely went around in threads on illiniguys for months passively aggressively throwing veiled shots at me but not actually quoting me via taking old "hot takes" of mine (see Ahron Ulis against Illinois) completely off topic and confusing the hell out of everyone in the thread. You did this in 3 different threads in fact turning them into cluster ****s.

Fact 7. I never engage you on any of these boards first. It's a one sided affair you just can't seem to get over "getting your dig in" this time via the really astounding suggestion somebody couldn't both frequently post on a message board and work a job like you did in this thread.

Fact 8. Which was really just the most bizarre of all was you brought up me coaching my daughter's soccer (which I didn't actually do this spring but the spring before so you're talking 14-16 months back) when in that actual thread I mentioned I was helping with my daughter's tball. I'm so in your head you remember I coached my daughter in another sport over a year ago.

It's borderline obsessive man. I spent a few months trying to ignore the zings but I'm perfectly content continuing to catalogue how long this grudge of yours is going to continue and in typical fashion in this thread you devoted zero actual contribution to the topic at hand but instead decided to attack me.

My generation was brainwashed "wHeRe yOu gOiNg tO cOlLeGe" with absolutely no guidance as to what degrees would be worth more than their weight.

Get out of here that forgiving loans wouldnt help the poor. There are millions waiting tables and bartending with worthless degrees and 5 figure college debt.

You have zero clue.
My Niece graduated from Auburn, in Fine Arts. She used that major to now sell vitamins and health supplements in SEC country.

2 failed marriages with 4 kids with jobs, kids done with school.

Last edited:
My Niece graduated from Auburn, in Fine Arts. She used that major to now sell vitamins and health supplements in SEC country.

Awesome BigWill I just love your personal experiences that apparently refutes all possibilites that some people are put in positions that they can't overcome by rubbing some elbow grease on it or whatever the saying is.

Every person who is struggling financially just doesnt want to try as hard as you did.

There has been bad advice going around since the beginning of time. Is it worse now? Quite possibly.

True story..

My son's gf just graduated in May. She earned her degree in Kinesiology. She wanted to go on to Dental school, but felt Organic Chem 2 was going to be too tall of a mountain based on it taking her twice to pass the first version. Her stated plan was to work this summer as a waitress and go back to school for 2 to 3 years and get a Dental Hygienist degree. Mind you, she is currently 120K in debt. So, this would tack on another 60k to her debt to get a degree that has starting pay in the 40k range depending on where you live. The upside is little as you would be cleaning teeth in 20 years also.

My wife and I spent a lot of time with them discussing this decision and why it did not make sense. I also pointed out to them how it was not just a 60k(additional debt) decision as she would also lose the wages she could potentially make for two years which I estimated to be about 120k. So, that made this a -$180,000 decision in just the short run.

We suggested she start applying for sales jobs in the dental and medical field. This is a time where people in sales are really making bank. After her and my son discussed it, she followed our plan.

To our surprise her mother tried to talk her out of it. She stated, " it has always been your dream to work in a dentist office". Yes, her mom wanted her to take on the additional debt to get a hygienist degree. I was shocked. I was on speaker phone when they told me and I proceeded to tell her people that go to school for 6/7 years are called doctor, not hygienist.

She ended up interviewing for a few sales jobs and took one selling dental supplies. She has only been in it for 6 weeks, but loves it! She says she should easily make 65k this year with a shot at 75k.

Some parents are not as helpful as others in the advice category.
My stories are all true.

Mary Anne IS a DH. She works 3 or sometimes 4 days a week, as she wishes. Her AS was from a NY State County Community College in 2 years. At her current pay scale if she wanted to do 40 hour weeks, would gross OVER $ 85,000 with vacation.

Reactions: tjfleck6
Awesome BigWill I just love your personal experiences that apparently refutes all possibilites that some people are put in positions that they can't overcome by rubbing some elbow grease on it or whatever the saying is.

Every person who is struggling financially just doesnt want to try as hard as you did.
My life example was NOT pat me and Mary Anne on our backs !

I was cut by Chargers then the Bills, I went to Hartford to play AAA type football for $ 150 a week,
After that season, I had a Wife and 6 month old baby and no job. My Sister helped me get an entry level job as Saks for $ 250 a week. (Long ago, but my rent was a weeks pay,)

BUT to give you HOPE, that this too shall pass !

I didn't want to work that hard, I HAD to work that hard !

Last edited:
What do I need to type into existence?

Fact 1. We got along just fine on this board for nearly a decade.

Fact 2. You private messaged me you could no longer handle Doug B during COVID and you were done.

Fact 3. You and Gio actually had a back and forth over when you would be comfortable getting the vaccine after you said you were in no hurry for it when it first came out.

Fact 4. I pointed this out and a back and forth ensued and things were said when you were making fun of dhaab.

Fact 5. It was heated enough you decided to tell me I was a keyboard warrior, among other things, and I invited you to meet me anytime at Fast Eddie's to have a bar and continue our discussion in person.

Fact 6. You strangely went around in threads on illiniguys for months passively aggressively throwing veiled shots at me but not actually quoting me via taking old "hot takes" of mine (see Ahron Ulis against Illinois) completely off topic and confusing the hell out of everyone in the thread. You did this in 3 different threads in fact turning them into cluster ****s.

Fact 7. I never engage you on any of these boards first. It's a one sided affair you just can't seem to get over "getting your dig in" this time via the really astounding suggestion somebody couldn't both frequently post on a message board and work a job like you did in this thread.

Fact 8. Which was really just the most bizarre of all was you brought up me coaching my daughter's soccer (which I didn't actually do this spring but the spring before so you're talking 14-16 months back) when in that actual thread I mentioned I was helping with my daughter's tball. I'm so in your head you remember I coached my daughter in another sport over a year ago.

It's borderline obsessive man. I spent a few months trying to ignore the zings but I'm perfectly content continuing to catalogue how long this grudge of yours is going to continue and in typical fashion in this thread you devoted zero actual contribution to the topic at hand but instead decided to attack me.
Wow. You can type as much as you want slanting everything to make yourself the victim, but it doesn’t make any of it true. Based on what we’ve learned from your personal life, you’ve made a career of playing the victim instead of taking responsibility for your actions, and you’ve gotten quite good at it too.

I had no idea, nor do I care, about what sport you coach. It was a joke that you’ve obviously taken too far.

I have no grudge. I do think you’re a piece of shit though. Look no further than your profile pic.

My stories are all true.

Mary Anne IS a DH. She works 3 or sometimes 4 days a week, as she wishes. Her AS was from a NY State County Community College in 2 years. At her current pay scale if she wanted to do 40 hour weeks, would gross OVER $ 85,000 with vacation.
I hope I didn't offend you or your wife's career with my example. We looked up starting salaries for kids out of school as a DH. It literally would not be enough to cover her 180k payback of the PERSONAL LOANS her parents decided to take out when she dropped out of ROTC after two weeks cause she didn't "care for it".

Btw, I also didn't care for the time I spent in the US Navy to pay for my college, but I did it anyway.

You'll note that the government won't allow this debt to be classified under bankruptcy laws (please correct me if I'm wrong). These colleges in cahoots with the government are acting against the best interests of the citizenry. Also, 25+ years after leaving UI it is apparent to everyone that these universities have been bloated with useless administrators that clearly align with Democrat social grievances. These people don't educate and they bring zero value to the customer. They do drive up costs which is why the college scam is a mirror image of our bloated government.

No, this will do nothing for the economy. Actually, it will be a negative for the economy. It will add 1T in debt and transfer debt from one set of people to another. The inflation will have a negative impact. In effect, you I-man will receive 'rain' over your house in a drought ridden region and all but a few will remain parched.

Lastly, most of us have made financial mistakes. I don't ask you or the government to give me money when I make an uninspired stock pick.

I'm with you on Ukraine. We have endless money to pay Joe Biden's blackmail bill. Yet, veterans are homeless in ever increasing numbers while New York City is giving illegals food, $700/night hotel rooms, and free cell phones!
Spot on

I hope I didn't offend you or your wife's career with my example. We looked up starting salaries for kids out of school as a DH. It literally would not be enough to cover her 180k payback of the PERSONAL LOANS her parents decided to take out when she dropped out of ROTC after two weeks cause she didn't "care for it".

Btw, I also didn't care for the time I spent in the US Navy to pay for my college, but I did it anyway.
No problem.

Grandson #1 didn't "enjoy" his 4 years in the USMC, but he did mature and attends college on the GI Bill for Civil Engineering rather than the usual catch all of maybe "communications".

Son #3 as a grad of USNA has his entire life set up as a result of attending. Wife scooped him up as a Plebe and quit her after college job in NYC (She had graduated from Rutgers, when they met,) Has his Commercial Pilot's License, Top Secret Security ( Highest Rating), BS in Computer Science, MS in Cryptology, 2 kids, job with world wide Computer Company, promoted in less than 2 years, Doing something he is not allowed to discuss, nor would I understand, All because I told him to "suck it UP ! at pre-school Plebe training.

ROTC is one of the great deals around, including thru Medical Doctor or Dental . The US pays for EVERYTHING !

DH is a great career choice for especially married Women, as long as you keep your State License and Continuing Education hours current. Mary Anne worked around as the kids allowed or when her income helped us out, like now as I recover from the vaccine shots. There are Temp Agencies that post openings for the upcoming months for all 7 days if they wanted to work. Both her dentists that are permanent were vacation fill ins.

Last edited:
1. Wow. You can type as much as you want slanting everything to make yourself the victim, but it doesn’t make any of it true.

2. Based on what we’ve learned from your personal life, you’ve made a career of playing the victim instead of taking responsibility for your actions, and you’ve gotten quite good at it too.

I had no idea, nor do I care, about what sport you coach. It was a joke that you’ve obviously taken too far.

3. I have no grudge. I do think you’re a piece of shit though. Look no further than your profile pic.
1. All of the above is 100% true. You literally stalked me on illiniguys waiting for posts you could zing me on and just like in this thread only chimed in to insult me because I damaged that massive ass ego of yours.

2. I decided to share some personal life experiences of tough times and seeing the other end of the spectrum to give a different perspective and you turned around and mocked me for it. It's really interesting to see someone make fun of somebody for being on EBT turn around and play the moral high ground card.

Never once did I blame someone else for my lack of success in life. I should have picked a better undergraduate degree or went further into higher education. But I'll certainly recognize some degrees are worthless without proper guidance.

3. Your discontent for me existed long before this profile picture. And while you somehow aren't a piece of shit for making fun of my life's troubles I'm a piece of shit for this picture.

It's just something something for you to try to cling to to continue this incredibly unhealthy grudge you have against me. You'll always find something to blame it on or justify your vitriol. At the end of the day, and this will always be true, you look for things to come at me about because our covid arguments.

Not sure why you can't just admit that because we both know it's the truth.

Try owning your own feelings and behavior for once instead of always justifying it because you've been nothing short of a sack of shit towards me on this board for about 18 months now

Use his comments towards you as Motivation for yourself.

First job is Mon - Fri ? Go find a weekend job, Short order cook, waiter. One Grandson just got as job as a line cook at Chili's or some other name with NO experience at $ 17.00 an hour and they were glad to hire him. That's $ he didn't have last week.

Child care; Until we moved up to W of WP, Matt/Amanda were paying 300 a week to some lady that also watched 2 other toddlers = $ 900 a week and the kids were dropped off.

Friend's Wife in Ohio, started same way with finished basement with her and neighbor kids. She found out what licensing she needed in Ohio and eventually opened up 3 centers. She made so much $ that her Husband quit his job to work with her !

Good Luck !

Last edited:
Reactions: tjfleck6 and bung23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT