ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Retirement is on track and hope to buy a property in Florida next year.

I have no issue with the US support of Ukraine. My mother's relatives lived under the oppression of the Soviet Union for many years and it was devastating. So I am good with it.

Don't like college loan forgiveness - really dumb idea.
Imagine caring about funneling money that will disappear into the atmosphere more than actually helping a few generations of people who would stimulate the economy with the money they are paying on student loans.

What a ****ing joke you are.

Imagine caring about funneling money that will disappear into the atmosphere more than actually helping a few generations of people who would stimulate the economy with the money they are paying on student loans.

I wish they would do more to influence the cost of college. Forgiving student loans does very little if they don’t address the issue causing those loans to be needed.

We are having an awful time finding competent, honest pricing for anyone to do minor repairs on one of our decks.

No college needed, other than the College of Hard Knocks.

A relative of Mary Anne, a high school teacher/coach does deck construction near Syracuse and is booked thru every summer. Too far for us W of WP.

Reactions: bung23
We are having an awful time finding competent, honest pricing for anyone to do minor repairs on one of our decks.

No college needed, other than the College of Hard Knocks.

A relative of Mary Anne, a high school teacher/coach does deck construction near Syracuse and is booked thru every summer. Too far for us W of WP.
Absolutely correct… great paying jobs in the trades are in extremely high demand. Everything from electricians to mechanics to plumbers to landscape/hardscape builders. Problem seems to be is that the 20-something’s aren’t in a hurry to work with their hands……

There are many problems with forgiving student debt:
  • It will increase inflation at a time when inflation is rampant. The economy does not need further stimulation at this time. The timing is terrible.
  • The money will largely go to people who are in the top 50% income brackets. Why should people who went to college get a further break at the expense of those who never had the opportunity to go.
Biden and the Democrats are just trying to buy votes. From a conservative perspective, it is fiscally irresponsible. From a progressive perspective, it is not effective in helping the poor. It is one of the worst ideas to be implemented in a long time.

A program to help those who were taken advantage of by disreputable schools is one matter. This needs to be addressed with some sort of monetary relief.

People need to take responsibility for themselves. If you need to save money, then go to a community college for two years. It will cut the bill almost in half. I have no sympathy for those who went to a four year school and received a degree in some unmarketable field of study and now want the government to bail them out for their poor decisions.

Last edited:
There are many problems with forgiving student debt:
  • It will increase inflation at a time when inflation is rampant. The economy does not need further stimulation at this time. The timing is terrible.
  • The money will largely go to people who are in the top 50% income brackets. Why should people who went to college get a further break at the expense of those who never had the opportunity to go.
Biden and the Democrats are just trying to buy votes. From a conservative perspective, it is fiscally irresponsible. From a progressive perspective, it is not effective in helping the poor. It is one of the worst ideas to be implemented in a long time.

A program to help those who were taken advantage of by disreputable schools is one matter. This needs to be addressed with some sort of monetary relief.

People need to take responsibility for themselves. If you need to save money, then go to a community college for two years. It will cut the bill almost in half. I have no sympathy for those for went to a four year school and received a degree is some unmarketable field of study and now want the government to bail them out for their poor decisions.

My generation was brainwashed "wHeRe yOu gOiNg tO cOlLeGe" with absolutely no guidance as to what degrees would be worth more than their weight.

Get out of here that forgiving loans wouldnt help the poor. There are millions waiting tables and bartending with worthless degrees and 5 figure college debt.

You have zero clue.

I wish they would do more to influence the cost of college. Forgiving student loans does very little if they don’t address the issue causing those loans to be needed.
They certainly need to overhaul the system. I agree 100%.

I would make it mandatory for people who want aid to at least get an associate's online or at a junior college to keep the debt lower.

There needs to be drastically more guidance on what a XYZ bachelor's degree would do for you occupation wise.

It's funny economically I lean further left and perhaps that's because of my experience the last 5-6 years but let's put it this way...

When I went to EIU I changed my major 3 times. I had zero clue what I wanted to do. I ended up with a degree in Kinesiology (concentration exercise science).

When I filed for financial aid I filed under my mother's taxes because she literally made zero dollars.. I represented the poorest of the poor at that point.

Each semester my aid would go through and I'd have about 3k to live off of for that semester (extra loans taken out).

My wife has a very similar story. She was able to take out max loans to go to a college that closed down 2 years after she graduated.

We have a combined 70,000 in student debt. I graduated 13 years ago and I have not actually ate into my balance at all.

Combine this with inflation and the worst wage growth seen during the history of our country for millennials and some dickhead on here bragging about his 401k and his new house he's about to buy in florida telling me student loan forgiveness wouldn't help a lot of people?

Dude has zero freaking clue. At this rate I'll probably never own a home while trying to continue to pay off debt incurred when I was an immature 19/20/21 year old with zero guidance from adults and understanding of my long term ramifications of this piece of paper I would sign to watch my bank account go up to 3k.

Quite frankly for the poorest of the poor there should be a better balance of the loan to grant ratio.. You shouldn't be in debt for the rest of your life because you were told you had to go to college.

My generation was brainwashed "wHeRe yOu gOiNg tO cOlLeGe" with absolutely no guidance as to what degrees would be worth more than their weight.

Get out of here that forgiving loans wouldnt help the poor. There are millions waiting tables and bartending with worthless degrees and 5 figure college debt.

You have zero clue.

I know plenty that went the military route or work blue collar jobs. I know plenty of others that made terrible decisions to spend 5+ years getting art, poetry, etc. degrees. That’s not the governments fault. 10k is not a ton of $. If you are willing to work, you can pay that off in a hurry.

If the govt wants to make an impact, they can influence colleges and universities to bring down their cost. This is a band aid that does very little to help.

Reactions: bung23

You have zero clue.

Assuming 10K in forgiveness and a $150k cap. 70% of the dollars would go to those in the top 60% income brackets.

There are better ways to help those in the lowest income brackets.

Reactions: bung23 and rillaman
They certainly need to overhaul the system. I agree 100%.

I would make it mandatory for people who want aid to at least get an associate's online or at a junior college to keep the debt lower.

There needs to be drastically more guidance on what a XYZ bachelor's degree would do for you occupation wise.

It's funny economically I lean further left and perhaps that's because of my experience the last 5-6 years but let's put it this way...

When I went to EIU I changed my major 3 times. I had zero clue what I wanted to do. I ended up with a degree in Kinesiology (concentration exercise science).

When I filed for financial aid I filed under my mother's taxes because she literally made zero dollars.. I represented the poorest of the poor at that point.

Each semester my aid would go through and I'd have about 3k to live off of for that semester (extra loans taken out).

My wife has a very similar story. She was able to take out max loans to go to a college that closed down 2 years after she graduated.

We have a combined 70,000 in student debt. I graduated 13 years ago and I have not actually ate into my balance at all.

Combine this with inflation and the worst wage growth seen during the history of our country for millennials and some dickhead on here bragging about his 401k and his new house he's about to buy in florida telling me student loan forgiveness wouldn't help a lot of people?

Dude has zero freaking clue. At this rate I'll probably never own a home while trying to continue to pay off debt incurred when I was an immature 19/20/21 year old with zero guidance from adults and understanding of my long term ramifications of this piece of paper I would sign to watch my bank account go up to 3k.

Quite frankly for the poorest of the poor there should be a better balance of the loan to grant ratio.. You shouldn't be in debt for the rest of your life because you were told you had to go to college.

I appreciate your story, and certainly feel for those that didn’t get good guidance from parents, advisors, etc.

I also understand Jeff’s view. This is a way for the Dems to act like they care and buy more votes. Meanwhile every action they take actually increases inflation and makes it more difficult for people like you to live and thrive, but people continue to lean left because the left acts like they care.

Assuming 10K in forgiveness and a $150k cap. 70% of the dollars would go to those in the top 60% income brackets.

There are better ways to help those in the lowest income brackets.
What are those ways? I'd love to hear about them.

You can sit here and cite an article it's bullshit. It's that simple.

I live in the real world surrounded by people who can't make ends meet while paying off student loans.

I do not remotely believe any article out there ragging against student loan forgiveness because it's being written with an agenda.

The government loves to keep poor people poor and for many college was nothing more than a pyramid scheme designed to indebt millions to the federal government for 20-30 years.

I appreciate your story, and certainly feel for those that didn’t get good guidance from parents, advisors, etc.

I also understand Jeff’s view. This is a way for the Dems to act like they care and buy more votes. Meanwhile every action they take actually increases inflation and makes it more difficult for people like you to live and thrive, but people continue to lean left because the left acts like they care.
Rilla you are more than understanding and fair in general on this sort of discussion. I appreciate that greatly.

But imagine living in a world where you don't mind sending billions to another country to help their citizens while seeing a generation of your own citizens go through the worst economic crises of their lives.

Jeff is butthurt because he might have to pay a few % more for something while that could help a generation of people dump hundreds more into the economy each and every month instead of the federal government just to turn around and send it to the freaking Ukraine.

Jeff simply does not want more people out there that can compete with him for goods and services. Keep that disappearing middle class out of here heaven forbid one of them have enough money they might actually being able to buy a house for their family of 4 that Jeff also wants.

What are those ways? I'd love to hear about them.

You can sit here and cite an article it's bullshit. It's that simple.

I live in the real world surrounded by people who can't make ends meet while paying off student loans.

I do not remotely believe any article out there ragging against student loan forgiveness because it's being written with an agenda.

The government loves to keep poor people poor and for many college was nothing more than a pyramid scheme designed to indebt millions to the federal government for 20-30 years.

A Brookings study indicates that cancelling student debt will do little to help the poor. Brookings is a centrist organization by all accounts.

A Brookings study indicates that cancelling student debt will do little to help the poor. Brookings is a centrist organization by all accounts.
Man and here I am, as a poor person, who would greatly benefit from it!

But that article knows more than someone actually experiencing it.

God bless you academics who know everything from reading instead of real life experience.

Rilla you are more than understanding and fair in general on this sort of discussion. I appreciate that greatly.

But imagine living in a world where you don't mind sending billions to another country to help their citizens while seeing a generation of your own citizens go through the worst economic crises of their lives.

Jeff is butthurt because he might have to pay a few % more for something while that could help a generation of people dump hundreds more into the economy each and every month instead of the federal government just to turn around and send it to the freaking Ukraine.

Jeff simply does not want more people out there that can compete with him for goods and services. Keep that disappearing middle class out of here heaven forbid one of them have enough money they might actually being able to buy a house for their family of 4 that Jeff also wants.

Ya, it’s kind of funny seeing that position. I remember way back a few years ago when the Dems thought Ukraine was corrupt. I remember Obama laughing at Romney calling Putin dangerous. I remember from 2016-2020 when we didn’t have to send troops or hundreds of billions to said corrupt country. I miss those days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncoach and bung23
Ya, it’s kind of funny seeing that position. I remember way back a few years ago when the Dems thought Ukraine was corrupt. I remember Obama laughing at Romney calling Putin dangerous.
I used to not quite understand the animosity towards Jeff but I get it now.

He's a guy who's "gotten his" and that's all he cares about. And he wants to keep his.

And he certainly doesn't want to pay a little more to do that because other people might also be able to rise up above poverty and compete with him.

I see this kind of mentality in my small town a lot. You can only have X amount of haves and if another pops up it's a threat.

Now I don't know the exact numbers and cutoffs etc on these proposed plans.. But if the government wanted to provide common sense loan relief plans they could. They don't want to. The government wants people indebted to them for their lives.

Some people view it as personal responsbility to pay off your own loans (well I had to do it!). I look at it as all that money that is going to the government to fund one dumbass thing after another could instead be going into the economy.

People like me could actually some day buy a house or ::gasp:: a car that doesn't have 150,000 miles on it.

In the next year our circumstances are changing if everything continues to work out for the best but as a person that's been an admitted food stamp recipient for a couple years (before our business started to take off) there has to be practical solutions to help people. It's just gross.

Reactions: rillaman
I used to not quite understand the animosity towards Jeff but I get it now.

He's a guy who's "gotten his" and that's all he cares about. And he wants to keep his.

And he certainly doesn't want to pay a little more to do that because other people might also be able to rise up above poverty and compete with him.

I see this kind of mentality in my small town a lot. You can only have X amount of haves and if another pops up it's a threat.

Now I don't know the exact numbers and cutoffs etc on these proposed plans.. But if the government wanted to provide common sense loan relief plans they could. They don't want to. The government wants people indebted to them for their lives.

Some people view it as personal responsbility to pay off your own loans (well I had to do it!). I look at it as all that money that is going to the government to fund one dumbass thing after another could instead be going into the economy.

People like me could actually some day buy a house or ::gasp:: a car that doesn't have 150,000 miles on it.

In the next year our circumstances are changing if everything continues to work out for the best but as a person that's been an admitted food stamp recipient for a couple years (before our business started to take off) there has to be practical solutions to help people. It's just gross.
The animosity I receive is generally for being too liberal not too conservative.
I don't have a stake in this program but I know it is bad policy.

FYI, it will not impact me very much at all if inflation continues to rise. I don't have a stake in this program. I will happily pay more in taxes to help the poor with effective programs. Forgiving student debt is just not good policy.

I understand that it will help you personally so you are much more emotionally invested than I am. It is interesting that you don't seem to see how unfair it is to have those who did not have the opportunity to go to college footing the bill for those who did.
You can contrive this into something it's not.

I'm a person who has actual real life experience in this surrounded by other people I see struggling daily with their college degrees waiting tables and bartending to make ends meet because our entire generation was essentially shuttled off to college to get a degree that was virtually worth absolutely nothing so we could give the government money for the next 30 years of our life.

You would try to twist and turn my actual experience first hand into a negative when speaking on the topic. That's pretty funny. "I'm just being emotional". No. I know first hand how much the cancellation of student debt would help my family. For a fact. I don't need an article link.

And you can try to frame the narrative somehow this money is directly being paid by others.. That's just nonsense. I could just as easily say I'm tired of paying back government loans just to fund wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine etc. etc. etc. etc. (enter special interest group abc x100000000).

It's amazing what people were ok going through congress trillions of dollars but the moment somebody says "hey maybe our country would be better off with people spending money at small businesses instead of paying back loans for half their life" it's suddenly coming directly from the middle class tax payers.... Nowhere else.

And I'll say this again... There probably need to be actual tweaks as far as payoff amounts in bracket vs. bracket etc. They could implement something in a common sense way.. But they won't and it's on purpose. The government isn't as incapable as people think they are. They just want people to think that.

I'm a person who has actual real life experience in this surrounded by other people I see struggling daily with their college degrees waiting tables and bartending to make ends meet because our entire generation was essentially shuttled off to college to get a degree that was virtually worth absolutely nothing so we could give the government money for the next 30 years of our life.

You would try to twist and turn my actual experience first hand into a negative when speaking on the topic. That's pretty funny. "I'm just being emotional". No. I know first hand how much the cancellation of student debt would help my family. For a fact. I don't need an article link.

And you can try to frame the narrative somehow this money is directly being paid by others.. That's just nonsense. I could just as easily say I'm tired of paying back government loans just to fund wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine etc. etc. etc. etc. (enter special interest group abc x100000000).

It's amazing what people were ok going through congress trillions of dollars but the moment somebody says "hey maybe our country would be better off with people spending money at small businesses instead of paying back loans for half their life" it's suddenly coming directly from the middle class tax payers.... Nowhere else.

And I'll say this again... There probably need to be actual tweaks as far as payoff amounts in bracket vs. bracket etc. They could implement something in a common sense way.. But they won't and it's on purpose. The government isn't as incapable as people think they are. They just want people to think that.

I just don’t understand why people continue to vote for bigger govt when everyone knows the govt doesn’t solve problems, it creates them. The govt created the student debt problem, and is doing nothing to stop it from continuing.

I just don’t understand why people continue to vote for bigger govt when everyone knows the govt doesn’t solve problems, it creates them. The govt created the student debt problem, and is doing nothing to stop it from continuing.
And this is the part that really bugs me.

The government purposely came up with a program that would take the poorest of the poor and bless their heart "send them off to college" so that they could indebt them in potentially 50,000 of debt they'd have to pay interest on until they die.

It was all for profit. Not because they cared. It was another way to castrate a would be middle class. It's disgusting.

I talk about this all the time but EBT/Link/Medicaid.. Same kind of crap. They have that system purposely tweaked to keep people on it. The large majority of people on the system don't want to stay on it. They are trapped on it.

When one person making a whopping $15/hr results in rent going up nearly a thousand, a complete loss of food stamps, and the potential cancellation of health insurance for a family of 4 that makes it pretty damn difficult to justify retaining that job.

I am with you on the endless wars that all these warmongers love and where we piss trillions down our legs. You have to be an imbecile to support this Ukrainian war that doesn’t benefit us….however, all these stimulus bills and loan forgiveness bills etc will hurt us all in the long run…

I am with you on the endless wars that all these warmongers love and where we piss trillions down our legs. You have to be an imbecile to support this Ukrainian war that doesn’t benefit us….however, all these stimulus bills and loan forgiveness bills etc will hurt us all in the long run…
I respect your opinion on this and I agree that we can't just continue to say "oh ok we'll wipe the slate clean" but I think there is drastically more affordable options for college now (and the system should improve even more) and there desperately needs to be some sort of people to reduce student loan debt.

Nobody out there, besides the government and only the government, is gaining anything from me paying student loans for the rest of my life when that money could be going to the economy instead.. Buying houses.. Buying cars.. Eating out.. Going on a vacation.

And whatever they're trying to do won't probably pass and maybe I'm not 100% for it in the language that is stated but the student loan crises needs to be addressed and help needs to be given.

While I feel pain for those who took on tremendous amounts of student debt, @JeffT818 is correct in his assessment (despite the fact that he voted for this move).

Now, no poor person in America should be starving or homeless with the amount of money that is spent for these programs (food stamps, welfare, etc.) and supported by 90 percent of US Citizens.

But, this student debt cancellation is beyond the pale. I paid for my college. I just paid for my daughter's college. While she was accepted to Illinois and Texas-Austin's engineering schools, she chose home-state Arizona State since the 'better' two schools cost 57,000 per year in contrast to ASU which cost at most 15,000 per year for everything since the state offers generous scholarships to strong in-state students (and also offers in-state tuition to many out-of-state kids).

I also very strongly advised her to study engineering or business since those two degrees will pay for themselves. She chose engineering and now has a full-ride with stipend at Scripps Research - La Jolla.

Taking on debt is a choice. It's a choice that we all make and while I-man gripes about driving a car with 150,000 miles I can say my 31 year old car just crossed 180,000 miles yesterday. Yes, I made choices too. I chose to fund my daughter's education and have driven a car without functioning A/C in Phoenix for 18 years. So, no, I don't want to pay $2100 per person in my household to fund someone else's bad debt. They made the bad choice and they have to live with it.

By Biden transferring this debt to every taxpayer who paid for their college or even worse taxpayers who never attended college it is bad for everyone but the few who benefit. Colleges are still encouraged to charge huge sums of money for worthless degrees knowing that Democrats will cancel the debt while the colleges make bank. This is bad all around.

Perhaps I-man is not the fool who took on 70k in debt. It is I who am the fool who didn't take on the debt and paid for something that is now 'free'.

While I feel pain for those who took on tremendous amounts of student debt, @JeffT818 is correct in his assessment (despite the fact that he voted for this move).

Now, no poor person in America should be starving or homeless with the amount of money that is spent for these programs (food stamps, welfare, etc.) and supported by 90 percent of US Citizens.

But, this student debt cancellation is beyond the pale. I paid for my college. I just paid for my daughter's college. While she was accepted to Illinois and Texas-Austin's engineering schools, she chose home-state Arizona State since the 'better' two schools cost 57,000 per year in contrast to ASU which cost at most 15,000 per year for everything since the state offers generous scholarships to strong in-state students (and also offers in-state tuition to many out-of-state kids).

I also very strongly advised her to study engineering or business since those two degrees will pay for themselves. She chose engineering and now has a full-ride with stipend at Scripps Research - La Jolla.

Taking on debt is a choice. It's a choice that we all make and while I-man gripes about driving a car with 150,000 miles I can say my 31 year old car just crossed 180,000 miles yesterday. Yes, I made choices too. I chose to fund my daughter's education and have driven a car without functioning A/C in Phoenix for 18 years. So, no, I don't want to pay $2100 per person in my household to fund someone else's bad debt. They made the bad choice and they have to live with it.

By Biden transferring this debt to every taxpayer who paid for their college or even worse taxpayers who never attended college it is bad for everyone but the few who benefit. Colleges are still encouraged to charge huge sums of money for worthless degrees knowing that Democrats will cancel the debt while the colleges make bank. This is bad all around.

Perhaps I-man is not the fool who took on 70k in debt. It is I who am the fool who didn't take on the debt and paid for something that is now 'free'.
I respect your opinion but I don't think any 18-22 year old, simply by following the advice by "guidance counselors" should be saddled with debt the rest of his or her life.

And the main point of contention of mine would be what's better for our economy millions making monthly $500 monthly payments for 30 years to the government to do whatever they want with it (let's help Ukraine 🇺🇦) or those people instead spending that money on good and services.

People keep coming back to this is coming directly out of taxpayers pockets and I think that's naive given how bloated our government.

But it is what it is. I understand your point of view and I understand mine.

The government purposely came up with a program that would take the poorest of the poor and bless their heart "send them off to college" so that they could indebt them in potentially 50,000 of debt they'd have to pay interest on until they die.

It was all for profit. Not because they cared. It was another way to castrate a would be middle class. It's disgusting.

I talk about this all the time but EBT/Link/Medicaid.. Same kind of crap. They have that system purposely tweaked to keep people on it. The large majority of people on the system don't want to stay on it. They are trapped on it.

When one person making a whopping $15/hr results in rent going up nearly a thousand, a complete loss of food stamps, and the potential cancellation of health insurance for a family of 4 that makes it pretty damn difficult to justify retaining that job.

Govt programs don’t shrink the gap between the rich and the poor. They make more people poor, and keep them there.

It’s all a political game. They want to act like they care about young people and minorities.
Absolutely.

I don't identify with either party anymore.

This is the lone place I discuss politics.

I just want to get my life straightened out and buy a house and keep my head low enough that I'm not somebody who is made an example out of.

Absolutely.

I don't identify with either party anymore.

This is the lone place I discuss politics.

I just want to get my life straightened out and buy a house and keep my head low enough that I'm not somebody who is made an example out of.
Well ,
I worked 3-5 hours a day in High school on my athletic talent. Like practicing baseball sliding on grass to learn proper technique, or shooting foul shots alone in a gym with one court light on and not quitting that day till I made 24 out of 25 shots. Going to Prep School for 2 years, so that I received a Full Scholarship.
Out of College,
I worked one job (Saks 5) with an hour commute each way and another job 3 nights a week bouncing, with 1/2 hour commute with 4 hours sleep 3 nights a week. Left job at Saks for NJSP for the $ 1,500 raise, where 75 % flunked out of the academy. Friend got me into Film Commercials as a Key Grip, worked there on days off or switched schedule. Didn't have a day off or a vacation for TWO years, but my goal was always to make MORE than a Captain !
Transitioned to Stock Brokerage and cracked the 100,000 a year goal, and had 2 new Sons. Took an Office Managers job and commuted from KC,Kan to NJ on weekends for 2 years.

There's more, but the ONE overriding thing is that Mary Anne and I WORKED. We have NO debt and pay off ALL credit charges as we receive the bills. 3 Sons went to College for NOTHING. (except the aches and pains from football !)
Grandson # 1 spent 4 years in USMC and now attends College on GI Bill. # 2 trying for wrestling while attending college full time and working as cook in national restaurant chain (Not JM's .). # 3 just enlisted US Navy and is in the construction Battalions, Seabees with a huge $ enlistment bonus. # 4 who is 14 works out 4 days a week at his wrestling club and entering 8th grade, his GOAL, a wrestling scholarship.

Cars with miles on them ? I sold used cars out of my house!

WORK

Last edited:
Well ,
I worked 3-5 hours a day in High school on my athletic talent. Like practicing baseball sliding on grass to learn proper technique, or shooting foul shots alone in a gym with one court light on and not quitting that day till I made 24 out of 25 shots. Going to Prep School for 2 years, so that I received a Full Scholarship.
Out of College,
I worked one job (Saks 5) with an hour commute each way and another job 3 nights a week bouncing, with 1/2 hour commute with 4 hours sleep 3 nights a week. Left job at Saks for NJSP for the $ 1,500 raise, where 75 % flunked out of the academy. Friend got me into Film Commercials as a Key Grip, worked there on days off or switched schedule. Didn't have a day off or a vacation for TWO years, but my goal was always to make MORE than a Captain !
Transitioned to Stock Brokerage and cracked the 100,000 a year goal, and had 2 new Sons. Took an Office Managers job and commuted from KC,Kan to NJ on weekends for 2 years.

There's more, but the ONE overriding thing is that Mary Anne and I WORKED. We have NO debt and pay off ALL credit charges as we receive the bills. 3 Sons went to College for NOTHING. (except the aches and pains from football !)
Grandson # 1 spent 4 years in USMC and now attends College on GI Bill. # 2 trying for wrestling while attending college full time and working as cook in national restaurant chain (Not JM's .). # 3 just enlisted US Navy and is in the construction Battalions, Seabees with a huge $ enlistment bonus. # 4 who is 14 works out 4 days a week at his wrestling club and entering 8th grade, his GOAL, a wrestling scholarship.

Cars with miles on them ? I sold used cars out of my house!

WORK
God you're so awesome Will.

Similar to how the student loans seemed too good to be true, this loan forgiveness is most likely not what it appears.

Be careful attaching emotions to handouts.

Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest
I respect your opinion but I don't think any 18-22 year old, simply by following the advice by "guidance counselors" should be saddled with debt the rest of his or her life.

And the main point of contention of mine would be what's better for our economy millions making monthly $500 monthly payments for 30 years to the government to do whatever they want with it (let's help Ukraine 🇺🇦) or those people instead spending that money on good and services.

People keep coming back to this is coming directly out of taxpayers pockets and I think that's naive given how bloated our government.

But it is what it is. I understand your point of view and I understand mine.

You'll note that the government won't allow this debt to be classified under bankruptcy laws (please correct me if I'm wrong). These colleges in cahoots with the government are acting against the best interests of the citizenry. Also, 25+ years after leaving UI it is apparent to everyone that these universities have been bloated with useless administrators that clearly align with Democrat social grievances. These people don't educate and they bring zero value to the customer. They do drive up costs which is why the college scam is a mirror image of our bloated government.

No, this will do nothing for the economy. Actually, it will be a negative for the economy. It will add 1T in debt and transfer debt from one set of people to another. The inflation will have a negative impact. In effect, you I-man will receive 'rain' over your house in a drought ridden region and all but a few will remain parched.

Lastly, most of us have made financial mistakes. I don't ask you or the government to give me money when I make an uninspired stock pick.

I'm with you on Ukraine. We have endless money to pay Joe Biden's blackmail bill. Yet, veterans are homeless in ever increasing numbers while New York City is giving illegals food, $700/night hotel rooms, and free cell phones!

ADVERTISEMENT