ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Do any of you guys travel for work? The cost of travel is out of control. Rental car and gas alone is insane.

Headed to Montana this week and South Dakota later this month. I prefer to use Uber as much as possible, but not reliable in some of the towns I’m going through.
Try Turo. It is actually a pretty cool way to rent a car and affordable.

Reactions: rillaman
Try Turo. It is actually a pretty cool way to rent a car and affordable.

Ya, I’m going to use that in June when I go to Tampa for a family vacation.

My company prefers I book things through our internal system.

Reactions: ILisBest
Use a Hotel that has free airport pickup and deliver runs and old school taxis around the Hotel.

Very tough to do in Montana and South Dakota. Tomorrow I’m driving from Bozeman to Helena. Then fly fishing in Craig on Thursday.

Reactions: ILisBest
California's population shrunk again.....this time by 100,000 people.

Speaking of Pelosi - how did she get to Kiev? Flight Tracker only shows her going to Poland and since Russia owns the skies over Ukraine, she would need Russian approval to fly to Kiev.

She probably went there to get her kickback for the aid being sent to Ukraine.

It sickens me that we are spending multiple times billions on the Ukraine than on the VA,

Why does the Tunnel to Towers Foundation have to raise money to build homes for handicapped servicepeople injured in the service to our country !

It sickens me that we are spending multiple times billions on the Ukraine than on the VA,

Why does the Tunnel to Towers Foundation have to raise money to build homes for handicapped servicepeople injured in the service to our country !

Don't worry! DHS is siphoning money, doctors, and nurse from the VA to provide aid and comfort to the illegals at the border.

This past weekend in Sedona at the McCain retreat notables like Amy K. and Little Adam K (@nthomp 's favorite RINO!) got together to insure that we go to war in Ukraine among other things. It must have been a fun event.

California's population shrunk again.....this time by 100,000 people.

Speaking of Pelosi - how did she get to Kiev? Flight Tracker only shows her going to Poland and since Russia owns the skies over Ukraine, she would need Russian approval to fly to Kiev.

She probably went there to get her kickback for the aid being sent to Ukraine.

I'd rather they stay there

Has double masking really become more popular? On my flight on Monday, there were less than 5 people with a mask on. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with 2 masks on.

Oh man, living here in north burbs of Chicago would see people double masked all the time at the grocery store and out and about.

At O'Hare in November, saw at least 8-10 people double masked and with face shields.

People are legit bat shit crazy.

My daughter's preschool emailed us yesterday that a child she was in contact with Thurs and Fri tested positive for covid. My daughter was fine all day Friday, fine after we got home. Around 7pm got like a 102 fever all of a sudden. Slept it off, next morning she had no fever and was fine. Sunday was fine, woke up Monday and she kind of had that bile/phlegm type of throw up a few times, I guess similar to when a baby spits up.

By Monday afternoon, she was fine. Today she was perfectly fine. No I am not going to go get her tested. School recommends we "update the nurse with timelines and status updates and all this crap", F that doing none of that and she is going back on Thursday and Friday for her normal days.

So this Supreme Court opinion leak had to have been planned for a long time, right? Was very odd that within minutes the activists were at the Supreme Court to protest.

In a funny karma kind of way, funny how the pro abortion lines "my body, my choice" and "it's a women's issue" went out the window after vax mandates and not being able to define a women the past year.

So this Supreme Court opinion leak had to have been planned for a long time, right? Was very odd that within minutes the activists were at the Supreme Court to protest.

In a funny karma kind of way, funny how the pro abortion lines "my body, my choice" and "it's a women's issue" went out the window after vax mandates and not being able to define a women the past year.

Saw a sizeable protest outside the courthouse in Bozeman, MT today. Certainly odd that all these protests were put together so quickly.

It is just the deep state following their playbook. The movie 2000 Mules on the Democrats 2020 Election Corruption came out yesterday so they blew up the Supreme Court with this unprecedented breach of trust.

All the Democrats had their tweets ready to go. The sad part is they could only muster 60 pathetic protesters at the Supreme Court with their at the ready signs! Amazing how that works.

But, brain dead called the “tissue mass” a child today. Oops!! His team quickly dragged him away after he went off script.

279622816_1178059662733644_2728316454013579314_n.jpg

It is just the deep state following their playbook. The movie 2000 Mules on the Democrats 2020 Election Corruption came out yesterday so they blew up the Supreme Court with this unprecedented breach of trust.

All the Democrats had their tweets ready to go. The sad part is they could only muster 60 pathetic protesters at the Supreme Court with their at the ready signs! Amazing how that works.

But, brain dead called the “tissue mass” a child today. Oops!! His team quickly dragged him away after he went off script.

I wish both sides could move their position a little bit.

Dems show no concern for the fetus/baby.

GOP shows little concern for the girls/women.

A little common sense and empathy would go a long way. Allow women to make a choice up to 16 weeks, or something similar. I can’t imagine making the decision to abort a baby (yes, I consider them babies), but I know an unwanted baby can lead to other issues.

A little common sense and empathy would go a long way. Allow women to make a choice up to 16 weeks, or something similar. I can’t imagine making the decision to abort a baby (yes, I consider them babies), but I know an unwanted baby can lead to other issues.

I am with you on the 16 weeks, have seen a lot of conservative types supporting first trimester. I am even ok up to 20 weeks personally and if there is severe health risks to the mother, but I feel that can be so arbitrary.

Your view is definitely off. On one side, you have your governor killing children up to birth. Yes, Biden called the unviable tissue mass a 'child' yesterday. Now, it is fair to say that California is the leader of the pack on many issues and they are moving toward killing babies up to 30 days after birth. That is just plain radical.

In contrast, the R laws that have been passed lately (in FL, TX, and AZ, I believe) are all 15 week laws - which is what you suggest as a compromise. In Republican governor led states like MA and MD - the Rs are pro-death.

Bottom line, the US Congress will never be able to pass a law banning abortion nor should they. So, it comes down to states rights. Babies will be killed by the tens of thousands in Colorado and California. California and Amazon corporation will even bankroll the execution. Abortion will be less convenient, but readily available and easy to get.

Reactions: bung23 and Pipedor
Your view is definitely off. On one side, you have your governor killing children up to birth. Yes, Biden called the unviable tissue mass a 'child' yesterday. Now, it is fair to say that California is the leader of the pack on many issues and they are moving toward killing babies up to 30 days after birth. That is just plain radical.

In contrast, the R laws that have been passed lately (in FL, TX, and AZ, I believe) are all 15 week laws - which is what you suggest as a compromise. In Republican governor led states like MA and MD - the Rs are pro-death.

Bottom line, the US Congress will never be able to pass a law banning abortion nor should they. So, it comes down to states rights. Babies will be killed by the tens of thousands in Colorado and California. California and Amazon corporation will even bankroll the execution. Abortion will be less convenient, but readily available and easy to get.

Didn’t Oklahoma just put in a law that says once there is a detectable heartbeat (~6 weeks), it is illegal? I thought Texas was 6 weeks too, but I could be wrong. That’s too early, IMO.

You know I don’t support the new Polis law in Colorado. It disgusts me.

Reactions: Uncoach
Didn’t Oklahoma just put in a law that says once there is a detectable heartbeat (~6 weeks), it is illegal? I thought Texas was 6 weeks too, but I could be wrong. That’s too early, IMO.

Polis just demonstrates the extremism of the Democrat party. Yes, 70 percent red OK just passed 6 weeks. The fact that they are allowing any abortions is a strong contrast to the left which allows you to kill until the moment of birth.

There aren't too many Oklahoma like states out there. In contrast, Colorado has taken a sharp left turn for a state that was evenly split not too long ago.

Don't worry, the left will be able to kill babies. For the left, this is just an opportunity, not a real problem.

Reactions: bung23 and Pipedor

And another "jobs" report that failed to meet experts expectations! Shocking, @JeffT818 - did your retirement get pushed out another year last month due to the NASDAQs worst performance since 2008? LOL at your petty vote.

"The U.S. economy added almost 250,000 private-sector jobs during the month of April, ADP and Moody's Analytics said in their monthly assessment on Wednesday -- missing expectations by about 130,000 hirings."

A detectable heartbeat doesn’t mean it can survive outside of the mothers body (which is where I’m at on this issue)

Reactions: rillaman
Roe is NOT a Democratic or Republican Party platform, NOR is it Christians vs Agnostic people, Nor about abortion.

It's about the Constitution of the United States and the interpretation of that document.

Is it a right as expressed in that document or added on; voted by citizens or a split determination of 9 people generally past the reproductive stage of their lives.

And another "jobs" report that failed to meet experts expectations! Shocking, @JeffT818 - did your retirement get pushed out another year last month due to the NASDAQs worst performance since 2008? LOL at your petty vote.

"The U.S. economy added almost 250,000 private-sector jobs during the month of April, ADP and Moody's Analytics said in their monthly assessment on Wednesday -- missing expectations by about 130,000 hirings."

I am doing fine! Got very defensive with portfolio about 9 months ago, 50% cash.

All retirement plans still on course.

I am doing fine! Got very defensive with portfolio about 9 months ago, 50% cash.

All retirement plans still on course.

Good to hear, 2021 was a very good year for the market. But, the start to 2020 has been poor.

I'm probably about 10 percent cash as I let my UBS guys manage things. As they point out repeatedly, market timing is a fool's game. But, if you need the cash within 5 years, it is best to have a portfolio which supports that need.

One stock they bought was Facebook sub-200. I may hate the company, but I don't tell them any stock is off-limits.

Good to hear, 2021 was a very good year for the market. But, the start to 2020 has been poor.

I'm probably about 10 percent cash as I let my UBS guys manage things. As they point out repeatedly, market timing is a fool's game. But, if you need the cash within 5 years, it is best to have a portfolio which supports that need.

One stock they bought was Facebook sub-200. I may hate the company, but I don't tell them any stock is off-limits.
Yes, I am not timing the market. Moved down to 50% from 70% in anticipation of cash needs. Don't want to have liquidate any equity positions in a down market.

Yes, I am not timing the market. Moved down to 50% from 70% in anticipation of cash needs. Don't want to have liquidate any equity positions in a down market.

Good thing you aren’t poor-middle class. Will be interesting to see the new poverty levels in the next couple years. But hey, the liberal elite are living very well!

In reddish Ohio the Dem is advocating for abortion until birth. In contrast, bright red OK gives it 6 weeks. @stoneaxe27 will just take horse medicine!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT