ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Didn't some high ranking minister in Germany say earlier this month they are still going to shut down their nuclear power stations despite being in a natural gas crisis? Insane.
It's clear the oligarchs both here and abroad want to strip the general population of wealth so there is no viable challenge to their power. No energy = no wealth.

My congressman, Dave Joyce, sends out an email newsletter every Sunday. Included in today's issue are his comments about the student loan debt proposal from the administration. It's a good read and includes some data I've not seen. Transcribed below....

The section is titled No Such Thing as "Canceling" Student Debt. Taxpayers Will End Up Paying for It.

"There is no magic wand that can suddenly make $300 billion in federal student loan debt disappear. President Biden says he’s canceling student loan debt, but he’s just forcing taxpayers who didn't sign for these loans to foot the bill for those who did. According to the Penn Wharton Budget Model, this debt transfer would cost at least $300 billion, and most of the benefits would go to households in the top 60 percent of earners.

It’s incredibly unfair to Americans who paid their own way through college, those who saved and worked hard to pay off their loans, and those who chose to go directly into the workforce rather than go to college or get a graduate degree.

When you look at the numbers, only 37% of Americans have a 4-year college degree while just 13% have graduate degrees. And yet, 56% of student debt is held by those who went to graduate school. That explains how the richest 40% of Americans carry 60% of student loan debt while the bottom 40% carry just 20%. (emphasis mine)

The absurd cost of higher education in this country needs to be addressed. But the President’s decision to transfer student loan debt from one group of Americans to another does nothing to make education more affordable and will likely drive-up tuition costs while fueling inflation that’s already crushing working families."

1. Never had starbucks

2. Haven't had cable t.v. since I started dating my wife.

3. Have never had an iphone and, in the last several years, never had a phone that cost more than $100

4. Cook 6 nights out of 7.

But, yeah, besides that this really nailed it.

Really next level debating going on here posting a tweet that makes broad inaccurate sweeping statements and then backing that up with a "I don't agree".
Ok. I’ll play. I will even try to see it your way here. However, I distinctly remember telling you that all those stimulus checks will do way ,more harm than good in the long term for all of us. Iirc, you said something along the lines of “whats wrong with giving poor people some money when the government spends money on all these other things”. Here we are . Record inflation as predicted. This bill and the other bill they just passed will do more of the same. You want to help people? Strengthen the dollar. This does the exact opposite.

Didn't some high ranking minister in Germany say earlier this month they are still going to shut down their nuclear power stations despite being in a natural gas crisis? Insane.
I do believe they are bringing coal fired plants back on line! That will make @JeffT818 mad, but it will help keep their EVs juiced up. The dirty little secret of EV, that power is most often coming from coal or other fossil fuels.

Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest
I do believe they are bringing coal fired plants back on line! That will make @JeffT818 mad, but it will help keep their EVs juiced up. The dirty little secret of EV, that power is most often coming from coal or other fossil fuels.
It amuses me when some idiot burns wood for power or heat !

This is Green ?
By burning and producing CO2 and taking away trees that eat CO2 and produce Oxygen ?

By the By, on our trip to the Ithaca Farmers Market, we took Route 17 both ways, and passed the wind turbine farm again ! Just like the last time, NONE of them were turning at all ! Total electric power generated ?

Nothing 4 times !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bung23 and Pipedor
German data showing the vaccine is killing the 'youngs'. Usually increases in excess mortality are followed by decreases. But, in 2021 death spikes in younger groups were up significantly following jab #1/#2 and booster campaigns. There were no corresponding lulls.

Thanks @JeffT818 and @stoneaxe27 for forcing this into people's arms - just for the protection of your pathetic bodies, in theory, not reality.

Reactions: bung23
I noticed @JeffT818 that you had zip to say about your 'new and improved' battery when I dismantled your argument. Here's more information:

Battery technology is still in its infancy. Toyota is planning to roll out solid state batteries in 2025 in hybrid vehicles. Although these batteries are lithium based, they use much less cobalt and other rare materials.

I proposed that in less than 10 years there will be a non lithium battery alternative.
Everyone in the field is working on this. You cannot dismantle my argument until time passes by. Let's see where we are in 5 years.

That image was a generality. There are always exceptions and outliers.
If we're having a 100% honest conversation sure but I think the generality is being a bit overplayed there.

Yes there's most certainly some contingent but in rural settings we come across many people that does not apply to.

But urban vs. rural demographics are always a different animal. There's simply no middle class in small town america.

You're either barely scraping by in my small towns or you have $100,000 in toys (side by sides etc. etc. etc.)

Most of battery improvements or Patents were bought by the auto manufactures and shelved in the past.

Just about 15 - 20 years ago, lithium batteries were making their way into the film industry and the largest problem was battery history/knowledge. If you didn't deplete the battery to zero before recharging , they would remember the charge levels and not discharge to zero ever !

But betting on new technology in the future is NOT how to fix today's issues.

or

Cutting 14,000,000 million trees for wind turbines, that do not give a watt without wind !

Last edited:
Battery technology is still in its infancy. Toyota is planning to roll out solid state batteries in 2025 in hybrid vehicles. Although these batteries are lithium based, they use much less cobalt and other rare materials.

I proposed that in less than 10 years there will be a non lithium battery alternative.
Everyone in the field is working on this. You cannot dismantle my argument until time passes by. Let's see where we are in 5 years.
Yes, dismantled. I agree with you that in 10 years there will be a non lithium alternative. However, it won’t scale to meet the dictates of your party. Hell, it won’t scale to meet today’s 1 percent of the market, let alone 100 percent of the US market.

You are also wrong that battery technology is in its infancy. Quite the opposite, engineers have been seeking better batteries for a over a century. You are old enough to remember the “Brick” phone. To make phones smaller, tons of money has been spent on the best, most compact battery that is cheaply available to the mass market. The easy evolutionary leaps were made long ago.

The key thing about the composition is the material it uses. It MUST be abundant. The wire that connects your EV charger to the outlet and the internal house wiring that connects your house to the coal fired energy plant are all made of Copper. You may not know this, but Copper is not the best element for the job. Silver is much better but much rarer, hence the use of copper for power distribution.

Most power distribution (before it's indoors) is through aluminum conductor cables
Thank you for the correction and for further proving my point. Aluminum is 60 percent as conductive as copper but is considerably less expensive.

Yes, I searched both of the above data points. And yes, there are other reasons they use aluminum too.

I've worked on job sites where corporate tells the installers to throw the unused 1" copper power cable into the trash. They never did, they took it to the hotel at the end of the day, stripped it, and sold it for cold, hard cash.

Reactions: Uncoach and bung23
I had a friend who was building a spec house in a low density population area of NJ. (they exist)

He was using copper for both electric and plumbing,

TWICE copper thieves robbed him blind.

He hired a retired NJSP to guard the next shipment. The Trooper used the time to bow hunt off the back deck during deer hunting season and got paid.

OVER 100 years ago there were Electric Cars on the roads.

How's that technology progressing so far ?

OVER 100 years ago there were Electric Cars on the roads.

How's that technology progressing so far ?
Early on there were electric cars but the market rapidly declined for such vehicles starting in 1910 and they no longer existed by the mid 1930s. For the next forty years, there was nobody looking at electric vehicles as a viable replacement for ICE cars.

There was some research in the 1970s but serious research into improving the technology only started in the 1990s with the passage of the clean air act.

So the relevant time frame is closer to 30 years rather than 100 years.

Univ Muck gender/racist math.

The cars existed, they were a failure, because they could NOT compete with the Model T and others $$$$.

Current tech and available elec charging stations make the current (get it ?) EV's unaffordable for the VAST majority of Americans, who don't ever have $ 400 emergency cash available, much less the average cost of $ 66,000 to purchase.

Which is why the MEAN average of cars registered on the road has gone from 10 years old to 11 years old, which is a HUGE increase !

It means that Americans are keeping their cars MUCH longer ! Not because cars made in 2012's , were awesome, but the average household can't AFFORD NEW.

Early on there were electric cars but the market rapidly declined for such vehicles starting in 1910 and they no longer existed by the mid 1930s. For the next forty years, there was nobody looking at electric vehicles as a viable replacement for ICE cars.

There was some research in the 1970s but serious research into improving the technology only started in the 1990s with the passage of the clean air act.

So the relevant time frame is closer to 30 years rather than 100 years.

Jeff, you just love being wrong or are so out of touch you voted for Joe. Biden or both!

Electric cars failed the first time because of capitalism. The market decided they were inferior. Now, they are back at very large prices and subsidized by the government. That means the market won’t support them. Germany could no longer support subsidizing EVs.

They are a great little toy and no doubt fun for the privileged few who can afford their VV (Virtue Vehicle). They are unaffordable and impractical for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Well, a new record has been set in Phoenix with the St. Mary’s food bank. In August they served over 150,000 people which is a 55 year record! They even beat Thanksgiving last year. The spokesman said Covid is not the driver. Instead it was @stoneaxe27 s transitory inflation that is starving people.

What a crap show @JeffT818 ! And you think people can afford EVs.

Jeff, you just love being wrong or are so out of touch you voted for Joe. Biden or both!

Electric cars failed the first time because of capitalism. The market decided they were inferior. Now, they are back at very large prices and subsidized by the government. That means the market won’t support them. Germany could no longer support subsidizing EVs.

They are a great little toy and no doubt fun for the privileged few who can afford their VV (Virtue Vehicle). They are unaffordable and impractical for the rest of us.
You will NOT be able to charge up your EV, Germany already is running out of energy for their power grid. They even turn off traffic lights at night to save power.

Software in the Tesla (and I assume others as well.) limits the amount of charge you can put into EACH INDIVIDUAL car. Tesla ALREADY does this on a case-by-case basis, but they have the tech to do it on a massive scale.

Shutting down Nuke plants around the wok areas of the US, with NO plans of how to economically replace their Mega-watt generation capabilities, GUARANTEES rolling brown and black outs nationwide, especially near population centers.

It is not a exaggerated statement that it may cost $100 in electricity to charge your car if KWt charges to continue their meteoritic rise in pricing for power.

such a lie. These are the people that shut down nuclear power over the last 4 decades.
Old Tom Steyer whack job Democrat from California put a referendum on the ballot to close Palo Verde in Arizona in 2024. Fortunately, it was defeated in 2020 thanks to the Democrats focusing their cheating on Biden and Mark Kelly.

Democrats hate America and this plant (the largest in the USA!) sends half its power to California - where they will have rolling brownouts today! At least we know why one of our resident hypocrites @JeffT818 intends to take his EV to Florida. Typical deranged lib, vote for destruction, flee to freedom..

Last edited:
If we recommissioned the Nuke plants recently shut down, the resulting increases in power to the various grids , would slow down the power issues, NATIONWIDE.

STOP the scheduled shutdowns as well.

My Great Uncle was part of the power commission sent to Europe after WW I to restructure power in Europe. Did anyone tell me this, when I was the Sales Mgr or a company that supplied electric energy to the deregulated Pa, NJ, NY power grid ? Nope.

Old Tom Steyer whack job Democrat from California put a referendum on the ballot to close Paulo Verde in Arizona in 2024. Fortunately, it was defeated in 2020 thanks to the Democrats focused thier cheating on Biden and Mark Kelly.

Democrats hate America and his plant sends half it is power to California - where they will have rolling brownouts today! At least we know why one of our resident hypocrites @JeffT818 intends to take his EV to Florida. Typical deranged lib, vote for destruction, flee to freedom..
Soon the only consistent way to keep a charge in his EV will be from his home.

That will ONLY cost about $ 100,000 + to evolve.

$ 60,000 + Average cost of EV that has more than 200 miles range. (even used!)
$ 40,000 + Average cost for Solar Panels on roof, powerful to supply necessary Kwts.
$ 15,000 +/_ Average cost for Storage batteries AND necessary changes to your homes electric
services. You WILL need storage batteries because of the high demand for electricity
to charge your car's battery after the sun can't supply power. (sunset, home needs,
weather events of clouds/ snow/rain)

Soon the only consistent way to keep a charge in his EV will be from his home.

That will ONLY cost about $ 100,000 + to evolve.

$ 60,000 + Average cost of EV that has more than 200 miles range. (even used!)
$ 40,000 + Average cost for Solar Panels on roof, powerful to supply necessary Kwts.
$ 15,000 +/_ Average cost for Storage batteries AND necessary changes to your homes electric
services. You WILL need storage batteries because of the high demand for electricity
to charge your car's battery after the sun can't supply power. (sunset, home needs,
weather events of clouds/ snow/rain)
I purchased a new Chevy Bolt in 2018 for $26,000 net of the tax credit. Range is around 250 miles. There are a few lower cost options.

Don’t you dare tell @stoneaxe27 and his KKK- founding Democrat party somethig he already knows! As usual, he would be wrong. His racist party wants to make sure poor African Americans (who are too smart to take the Vax) in DC don’t get an education.
I find it so BS that a person who was in a Confererate costume years ago is cancelled, while the POTUS can ride with and eulogize a high KKK ruler as a career mentor.

At UNC, EVERY year the KA frat had an " Old South" weekend on the campus. All the frat members would grow beards all winter (before beards were popular). On that weekend they would rent Confederate calvary uniforms and horses. All weekend they would stage calvary charges on the main campus to great acclaim University-wide. Us "Norff" people would shake our heads and ask who Won ? In those days EVERY KA house NATIONWIDE flew the Stars and Bars on a flagpole and a huge portrait on Robert E, Lee in the entryway, Lee being the "honorary Founder" of the KA's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncoach
I purchased a new Chevy Bolt in 2018 for $26,000 net of the tax credit. Range is around 250 miles. There are a few lower cost options.
I sold Chevies for a year, NOBODY ever bought one and Chevy was about to or did discontinue their manufacture because of lack of sales volume and quality of construction issues.
Mechanics at Chevy shops had no idea of how to work on the vehicles. Our Dealership was not allowed to do warranty work on Volts for any reason.

Lower cost option would be a 10 year old car that the mean purchaser is able to afford, gas prices be damned.

The NJSP used to use Chrysler New Yorkers and Plymouth Fury III with 440 cu inch police interceptors engines that were good if they averaged 7-8 mpg on patrol. It was normal to have to refuel halfway thru your 8 hr. patrol. I usually averaged 85-90 mph while on patrol, depending how large the area. ! County = 1 patrol car was normal !

To be 100 % accurate, our Chevy Dealership sold more used cars of any make/model every month than new Chevvies. More profit margin usually, = bigger monthly paychecks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncoach
I find it so BS that a person who was in a Confererate costume years ago is cancelled, while the POTUS can ride and eulogize a high KKK ruler a career mentor.

Biden bragged in 2007 that he would play well in the South Carolina primary because he was from a 'slave' state! Just a total racist as evidenced by his 50 year old racist son. As most of us know, each succeeding generation is typically more enlightened and less concerned with race. Unless you are a Democrat

Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach
That is so Racist !. The Biden's crime family LOVE the Chinese !

After all who will provide over 80 % of the necessary mined material for lithium batteries BUT China !

• Haha
To be 100 % accurate, our Chevy Dealership sold more used cars of any make/model every month than new Chevvies. More profit margin usually, = bigger monthly paychecks.

I used to audit car dealerships. Used cars were the biggest profit center for all car makes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT