ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

That article is 6 years old. Things have been getting much more unaffordable in recent years. Democrats are hoping people don’t pay attention to the recent trend this fall.

The last thing I wanted to do was live at home. But, that is what a lot of young adults have to do these days to get a foothold with rents being outrageous. I have twin nephews in Austin, TX who chose to live apart while working great jobs at APPL and ORCL. They now live together because they each pocket an extra $12k a year. That is real money.....

From personal experience as road trash, I know one can save a lot of money by staying with the parents for a stretch. I won't say any more because it would upset Icky.

I mostly scooter when I’m here. Lots of great places to eat and drink. I’m surprised you didn’t mention Louie’s Backysrd as that should be within walking distance. One of the best meals I’ve ever had was there. We like some of the restaurants off the island too- Hogfish, Geiger Key, Roostica. And I was just thinking that Lattitudes is one of those places that you eat at just because it’s a special experience. A place that Jeff would never go to as he’s frugal. Sitting on the beach staring out at the ocean while dining is sooo cool.
Hogfish is great, but not fun to bicycle to. I will buy a place on Sunset Key one day. I just love it there, the price be damned 🤪
Louie's Backyard is awesome. I have only had dinner there once, but wife likes to stop in there for some bubble drink they have at the bar down by the water. Great atmosphere! I also like the Reach and Tipsy Rooster.

Have you ever seen Cliff Cody play? He plays at the Smoking Tuna and Hanks

For a person who believes everyone but himself is dumb, you sure do get a lot of the things you argue wrong.

You've been ad hominem attacking him since he defended Jeff from your stupid attack about his choice in clothes btw. Humorously, he's previously pointed out how jealous you seem of me. He seems to have really identified what a defective personality you have, of course he's not the only one (I see references to this on the other board regularly when you jump in to unnecessarily hassle people).
You have a few admirable traits but self awareness is most definitely not one of them.

House posting is not included? Not sure what a stonk is?
Not smart enough to know he meant stock or was it a lame attempt at humor?

I have never bragged about my house. I just mentioned about buying a second house in Florida. However, I retired early and will never own two houses.

Are income and purchasing power better today than under the previous administration?

The auto industry currently has a problem. People that bought cars the last few years are completely buried. Delinquency is creeping up and the banks will struggle to off load these repos without getting killed when they take them to the chute. Insurance rates are racing up to record levels as the cost to repair or replace home and auto are crazy. I am curious as to the long term affects of the above, but I know it is not going to be good. I think the macro effects on all of the specifics of what has happened lately could be a major problem.

Income is definitely up and interestingly the trend of the biggest wage gains being at the bottom of the income distribution continues to hold true (this started early in the Trump Admin). I think you can find some objective studies on purchasing power, but I actually don't know the decisive answer. The Treasury Department claims purchasing power is up a bit from 2019 in 2023, as I've linked below

I do think the psychological impacts of inflation are meaningful. The large majority of prices are up and in some cases way up, and people feel that when they buy even if they are making relatively more money to the prices of the goods they are purchasing. I suspect it's perceived as spinning your wheels even if you are getting paid more. Hell, I regularly think certain costs are insane relative to not that long ago (but my purchasing power is up a lot too). My experience of course means nothing.

Haha, dog, don't be jealous of me snagging NVDA, APPL, and AMD in February 2020. I also bought Edify in the 90s - a not so brilliant purchase! I did buy ORCL for a split adjusted price of $.25 per share in January 1991, the day after the Gulf War started. Too bad I sold off chunks of it along the way! Thank you Larry!

Unspectacular hiking accomplishments, LOL. Sure, summiting the high points of Delaware and Florida, pretty damn simple - something even your 'Roid/Vax ravaged body could do. I'm up to 43 state high points and they all aren't like Charles Mound, Delaware, and Florida. A few difficult ones done for sure with 2 easy ones left.

Go get your CDC recommended booster, Dr.

I'm always open to stock tips!

Reactions: tjfleck6
Hogfish is great, but not fun to bicycle to. I will buy a place on Sunset Key one day. I just love it there, the price be damned 🤪
Louie's Backyard is awesome. I have only had dinner there once, but wife likes to stop in there for some bubble drink they have at the bar down by the water. Great atmosphere! I also like the Reach and Tipsy Rooster.

Have you ever seen Cliff Cody play? He plays at the Smoking Tuna and Hanks
Dining out has gotten extremely pricey in Key West. This year we’ve only eaten out once so far. Lunch at Geiger Key without drinks was over $50! If you’ve never been there it was opened by the same family that owns Hogfish and Roostica. Almost identical menu to Hogfish so that tells you a little about their menu.

My brother in law bought us dinner at Louie’s after he made big money selling his startup. So that’s part of the reason it was so enjoyable but the food there was outstanding.

I‘m a hogfish taco junkie and Lattitudes used to have the best but they’ve changed their slaw. Still a fantastic place to dine usually at lunch as the view is better.

We don’t go out drinking much. We have a great backyard for drinking and dogging.

Reactions: ILisBest
You have a few admirable traits but self awareness is most definitely not one of them.

I never said I think you are jealous, but your repeated attacks on being a lawyer in Dallas (which came in the context of you implying I'm overpaid, humorous considering you have no idea what type of lawyering I do) absolutely came off like you are. It's a common problem, you have zero clue how you are perceived.

One of the more entertaining things here is that I know I'm something of a dick. You put me to shame on that front, and don't even realize it. That's why I've settled on defective personality as my best description for you. Not being able to admit how you were wrong on lots of things is a perfect example of the defective personality issue. I look at the Mike Thomas issue and think "man I missed on that (and I should have known when he hired Timmy B considering how much I detested the move)." You look at Bruce Weber post-Self's recruits and reflect not even a little on the massive shit sandwich you ate (to me this is bizarre, I would wonder how I ****ed it up so bad).

For those not in the know, a "stonk" is a stock, particularly one bought by the goofballs that were trying to artificially inflate certain stock prices a few years back. Remember the Gamestop and AMC booms, those were the original "stonks."

I never said I think you are jealous, but your repeated attacks on being a lawyer in Dallas (which came in the context of you implying I'm overpaid, humorous considering you have no idea what type of lawyering I do) absolutely came off like you are. It's a common problem, you have zero clue how you are perceived.

One of the more entertaining things here is that I know I'm something of a dick. You put me to shame on that front, and don't even realize it. That's why I've settled on defective personality as my best description for you. Not being able to admit how you were wrong on lots of things is a perfect example of the defective personality issue. I look at the Mike Thomas issue and think "man I missed on that (and I should have known when he hired Timmy B considering how much I detested the move)." You look at Bruce Weber post-Self's recruits and reflect not even a little on the massive shit sandwich you ate (to me this is bizarre, I would wonder how I ****ed it up so bad).
You live in an alternative reality. I said lawyers work in the non productive side of the economy and are therefore overpaid. It doesn’t much matter what type of lawyering you do except in relative terms of how much you’re overpaid. And considering how much time you spend here posting and not working my conclusion looks even better. I don’t ever post while I’m getting paid to work.

I didn’t know I was supposed to do a mea culpa on Bruce Weber? But I’m one of the few people who has ever posted an apology on an Illinois message board. I take that as an admission of being wrong about something.

You being “something of a dick” is more you lacking in self awareness. You’re a huge dick that refuses to admit you’re wrong…I missed your Mike Thomas apology tour. When I left here you were still bragging about the new look Illini website. Which Mike Thomas had nothing to do with despite your efforts to claim otherwise. I literally had to link other schools websites that looked identical just to quiet you down.

Your refusal to admit you’re wrong is so bad you post the resume of your statistics professor. But then refuse to respond to my simple question about non random sampling from a normal distribution. If you’re so knowledgeable actually prove it with your knowledge!

I'm always open to stock tips!

ZNTL - but do your research. I am betting on a friend on this one - the CSO. I'm down so far, but it is a gamble on a former intramural teammate with a Stanford PHd. He left IDYA which has performed well of late. But, Biotech is a bit of gamble.

My son gave me NVDA because of gaming. AMD has done well too - maybe something left in that one? The problem with young engineers is they know the latest tech but don't see the monetary potential (Mongo Databases for instance). The two nephews in Austin said it was great but didn't appreciate the implications.

something even your 'Roid/Vax ravaged body could do.
I’m younger, healthier, and far more athletic than you ever dreamed of being despite taking your death jab over three years ago. I’m also much bigger than you and I’d be willing to bet you’d drop the act in person.

You desperately want people that got vaccinated to have health problems so you can have an “I told you so” moment on a free message board. It’s pretty disturbing.

• Love
Reactions: dtrain79
Income is definitely up and interestingly the trend of the biggest wage gains being at the bottom of the income distribution continues to hold true (this started early in the Trump Admin). I think you can find some objective studies on purchasing power, but I actually don't know the decisive answer. The Treasury Department claims purchasing power is up a bit from 2019 in 2023, as I've linked below

I do think the psychological impacts of inflation are meaningful. The large majority of prices are up and in some cases way up, and people feel that when they buy even if they are making relatively more money to the prices of the goods they are purchasing. I suspect it's perceived as spinning your wheels even if you are getting paid more. Hell, I regularly think certain costs are insane relative to not that long ago (but my purchasing power is up a lot too). My experience of course means nothing.

AA1lO0Y1.img

I believe the bucket of goods and services in your article to be skewed. That is my opinion of course, as the specifics seem vague, but it was put out by the current administration.
Real wages suffering under Biden presidency

Real wages have been down almost the entirety of Biden’s tenure although there was some positive growth starting mid 2023. The last report i saw showed it was back in the negative.

You live in an alternative reality. I said lawyers work in the non productive side of the economy and are therefore overpaid. It doesn’t much matter what type of lawyering you do except in relative terms of how much you’re overpaid. And considering how much time you spend here posting and not working my conclusion looks even better. I don’t ever post while I’m getting paid to work.

I didn’t know I was supposed to do a mea culpa on Bruce Weber? But I’m one of the few people who has ever posted an apology on an Illinois message board. I take that as an admission of being wrong about something.

You being “something of a dick” is more you lacking in self awareness. You’re a huge dick that refuses to admit you’re wrong…I missed your Mike Thomas apology tour. When I left here you were still bragging about the new look Illini website. Which Mike Thomas had nothing to do with despite your efforts to claim otherwise. I literally had to link other schools websites that looked identical just to quiet you down.

Your refusal to admit you’re wrong is so bad you post the resume of your statistics professor. But then refuse to respond to my simple question about non random sampling from a normal distribution. If you’re so knowledgeable actually prove it with your knowledge!

Holy shit I just laughed at loud. You're a ****ing clown, bottom line. You have so little idea how people perceive you.

I never gave you one thought after you left, I couldn't tell you in a million years when you left. Apparently it was before Thomas was canned, so it appears you missed me calling myself out. You haven't missed me do it 3-4 times to you when clowning on your lack of accountability for Weber. But yet ... you are trying to argue it didn't happen. So typical. And exactly what did you apologize about?

There's an easy way to resolve the debate on how well having NFL players predict a team's success. Perform a regression analysis that correlates a program's win total over the last 25 years (the period in which my claim about our underperformance of talent on the Illinois roster) with its number of players who have made a roster in, say, 2 plus NFL seasons (eliminating guys that were truly borderline from the equation). Here's betting the correlation is rather high, and that Illinois would end up a considerable outlier in underperforming expected wins. I'd be the first to say I don't have the ability to do that, but you are a statistical master, so perhaps you can.

Again, I can't help but believe that your current act (which is actually far worse than the old one) indicates something is missing in your life. Maybe you've had some tough personal situations, maybe it's just getting old, maybe it's life bitterness ... but my dude, you ****ing suck (and I highly doubt Ickrame and I are the only people who think that).

Last edited:
AA1lO0Y1.img

I believe the bucket of goods and services in your article to be skewed. That is my opinion of course, as the specifics seem vague, but it was put out by the current administration.
Real wages suffering under Biden presidency

Guys ... the huge spike is government transfers during Covid. As you can see, the late 2019 and late 2021 numbers were pretty similar before 2022 saw a small decrease and then something of a bounceback when wages started picking up due to the labor market responding to inflation of good prices.

Now I think we can quibble about a bunch of things. Before Covid, was 2020 about to see a big year under Trump (there's an argument for that based on this chart). Did Biden's policies hurt real wages in adding to inflationary pressures in 2021 and 2022 (yes, 100% I think)?

Any which way, thanks be to Covid, the 2020/2021 data doesn't help us much.

I invested $9000 in Amazon stock in 2004. It seemed like a crazy risk at the time as I was 24 or 25 at the time.

No Ferrari. I do own a second home but it’s just a small cabin in the Shawnee National Forest. So, I’m a bit of a moron as I own 2 homes (that I live in) in the great state of Illinois.

Two things my parents taught me; be frugal and invest in the stock market. My parents were not college graduates and worked lower level office jobs yet they retired multi-millionares. To look at them, you would swear they did not have a pot to piss in.

When my mom went into memory care for the last four years of het life, she could afford the best around and I did not have to worry about the money running out. It was a great gift to me, my friends who had aging parents were under great stress on how to care for them.

Being frugal and investing is more of a conservative principle than a liberal one.
Kudos to your mom and dad! Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure can reduce stress.

Real wages have been down almost the entirety of Biden’s tenure although there was some positive growth starting mid 2023. The last report i saw showed it was back in the negative.

I just responded to Best's post on the same. There's a huge Covid spike in 2020/21, that cannot be taken seriously in addressing real wages because it's a function of government handouts during the pandemic.

But in terms of arguments for/against Biden's economic policy, I'm not making one. I think generally Trump would be better, tho my general view is that the President doesn't have all that much economic impact. I do think that addressing real wages over time reflects that the average American has largely continued to get richer, and the arguments against our economic policy (specifically free trade) over the last 60 years are generally bunk.

I invested $9000 in Amazon stock in 2004. It seemed like a crazy risk at the time as I was 24 or 25 at the time.

No Ferrari. I do own a second home but it’s just a small cabin in the Shawnee National Forest. So, I’m a bit of a moron as I own 2 homes (that I live in) in the great state of Illinois.

BEAST!!!

Holy shit I just laughed at loud. You're a ****ing clown, bottom line. You have so little idea how people perceive you.

I never gave you one thought after you left, I couldn't tell you in a million years when you left. Apparently it was before Thomas was canned, so it appears you missed me calling myself out. You haven't missed me do it 3-4 times to you when clowning on your lack of accountability for Weber. But yet ... you are trying to argue it didn't happen. So typical. And exactly what did you apologize about?

There's an easy way to resolve the debate on how well having NFL players predict a team's success. Perform a regression analysis that correlates a program's win total over the last 25 years (the period in which my claim about our underperformance of talent on the Illinois roster) with its number of players who have made a roster in, say, 2 plus NFL seasons (eliminating guys that were truly borderline from the equation). Here's betting the correlation is rather high, and that Illinois would end up a considerable outlier. I'd be the first to say I don't have the ability to do that, but you are a statistical master, so perhaps you can.

Again, I can't help but believe that your current act (which is actually far worse than the old one) indicates something is missing in your life. Maybe you've had some tough personal situations, maybe it's just getting old, maybe it's life bitterness ... but my dude, you ****ing suck (and I highly doubt Ickrame and I are the only people who think that).
Today is the very first day I’ve read you saying you were wrong about anything. I can only imagine what that post actually read like. I have no idea what I was previously wrong about and apologized for.

You don’t perform regression analysis to correlate some things. You perform regression analysis hoping to find correlations. You not knowing the difference is telling. Based on lots of previous experience…I’m imagining there’d be an extremely weak correlation as there’s a large number of factors that go into winning….anywhere. I‘m sure you wouldn’t know what a weak or strong correlation read like.

Last edited:

Whatever makes your life fulfilling was the subject matter. I could see the getaway cabin. My wife had friends that had one in Western PA. Fun place to visit anytime of year.

Dont feel bad about having two places in Illinois. My in laws have three and all within 150 miles of each other. I have two houses now 1800 miles apart and have had three at one point in my life Several thousand miles apart. Too many bills to remember and I’d like to get to one.

Reactions: cmore79
I just responded to Best's post on the same. There's a huge Covid spike in 2020/21, that cannot be taken seriously in addressing real wages because it's a function of government handouts during the pandemic.

But in terms of arguments for/against Biden's economic policy, I'm not making one. I think generally Trump would be better, tho my general view is that the President doesn't have all that much economic impact. I do think that addressing real wages over time reflects that the average American has largely continued to get richer, and the arguments against our economic policy (specifically free trade) over the last 60 years are generally bunk.
Who’s arguing against free trade? Free markets are generally constrained by government policy including foreign policy…

Today is the very first day I’ve read you saying you were wrong about anything. I can only imagine what that actually posts read like. I have no idea what I was previously wrong about and apologized for.

You don’t perform regression analysis to correlate some things. You perform regression analysis hoping to find correlations. You not knowing the difference is telling. Based on lots of previous experience…I’m imagining there’d be an extremely weak correlation as there’s a large number of factors that go into winning….anywhere. I‘m sure you wouldn’t know what a weak or strong correlation read like.

I've said in at least 3 and possibly more posts that you should be less butthurt about Weber because I was absolutely wrong about Mike Thomas and if you are going to make a lot of arguments, then you ought to prepare to be wrong some of the time. This is exceptionally silly, I've now wasted my time looking up and quoting posts from the last few months.

"I will take my lumps for Mike Thomas. He was a total bum. I liked the Whitman hire more than is warranted thus far too, and those two are very different. Whitman seems to lack focus on the reality that winning in sports should be his #1 goal, because it solves many other problems for his department." 2-14-24

"Also Josh Whitman is 33-59 as AD presiding over football. It seems more likely than not he doesn't have much of a clue about the type of coach to hire, but I just go with records. Mike Thomas was 24-35 btw, and I think Thomas failed." 2-20-24

"NEO ... the position you are taking here is what occurs when you tether yourself to a shitty argument and won't let go. It's why you are still out there defending Bruce in the Groce thread while I'm going to say: 'yep, Mike Thomas really sucked hard, I was wrong on that one.' It's called taking the L and moving on." 2-13-24

At least two of those three were direct responses to you btw. Note all of this came after the Shannon situation, before which you weren't obsessed with me. Weird how that played out ... lol.

As for the correlation, it might be low, I'd bet heavily against that. I'd certainly like to see the data points graphed and a regression analysis applied. I think there's a pretty high correlation between wins at high majors and NFL players on the roster, largely because I've been looking at this issue for 20 years (and you clearly haven't) and comparing Illinois to various other high majors. I remain amazed how much more NFL talent we've produced than lots of bottom half P5 programs who have seen far more success over this span. But again, you haven't probably spent 5 seconds thinking about this until your egotistical mind determined that I could not possibly be making a sensible point (presumably because you don't think coaching has been the big problem for Illini football, and I clearly do).

My favorite part of this post is that the evidence literally disproves your entire argument, and better yet I bleeping volunteered being wrong about it, partly in an effort to get you to calm down (which I suppose was an exercise in utter futility).

Last edited:
Dining out has gotten extremely pricey in Key West. This year we’ve only eaten out once so far. Lunch at Geiger Key without drinks was over $50! If you’ve never been there it was opened by the same family that owns Hogfish and Roostica. Almost identical menu to Hogfish so that tells you a little about their menu.

My brother in law bought us dinner at Louie’s after he made big money selling his startup. So that’s part of the reason it was so enjoyable but the food there was outstanding.

I‘m a hogfish taco junkie and Lattitudes used to have the best but they’ve changed their slaw. Still a fantastic place to dine usually at lunch as the view is better.

We don’t go out drinking much. We have a great backyard for drinking and dogging.
It is crazy expensive for dinners out. My wife and I work the HH scene as we like to eat our dinner early anyhow. Based on the cost of groceries in KW, eating out for HH is actually economical. Have you had the Bloody Mary at Denny's by Publix? I thought it was the best one down there. Kind of makes sense the Denny's in KW has a bar in it 🤣

Reactions: SouthernmostIllini
Guys ... the huge spike is government transfers during Covid. As you can see, the late 2019 and late 2021 numbers were pretty similar before 2022 saw a small decrease and then something of a bounceback when wages started picking up due to the labor market responding to inflation of good prices.

Now I think we can quibble about a bunch of things. Before Covid, was 2020 about to see a big year under Trump (there's an argument for that based on this chart). Did Biden's policies hurt real wages in adding to inflationary pressures in 2021 and 2022 (yes, 100% I think)?

Any which way, thanks be to Covid, the 2020/2021 data doesn't help us much.
Some reasonable numbers here.

I've said in at least 3 and possibly more posts that you should be less butthurt about Weber because I was absolutely wrong about Mike Thomas and if you are going to make a lot of arguments, then you ought to prepare to be wrong some of the time. This is exceptionally silly, I've now wasted my time looking up and quoting posts from the last few months.

"I will take my lumps for Mike Thomas. He was a total bum. I liked the Whitman hire more than is warranted thus far too, and those two are very different. Whitman seems to lack focus on the reality that winning in sports should be his #1 goal, because it solves many other problems for his department." 2-14-24

"Also Josh Whitman is 33-59 as AD presiding over football. It seems more likely than not he doesn't have much of a clue about the type of coach to hire, but I just go with records. Mike Thomas was 24-35 btw, and I think Thomas failed." 2-20-24

"NEO ... the position you are taking here is what occurs when you tether yourself to a shitty argument and won't let go. It's why you are still out there defending Bruce in the Groce thread while I'm going to say: 'yep, Mike Thomas really sucked hard, I was wrong on that one.' It's called taking the L and moving on." 2-13-24

At least two of those three were direct responses to you btw. Note all of this came after the Shannon situation, before which you weren't obsessed with me. Weird how that played out ... lol.

As for the correlation, it might be low, I'd bet heavily against that. I'd certainly like to see the data points graphed and a regression analysis applied. I think there's a pretty high correlation between wins at high majors and NFL players on the roster, largely because I've been looking at this issue for 20 years (and you clearly haven't) and comparing Illinois to various other high majors. I remain amazed how much more NFL talent we've produced than lots of bottom half P5 programs who have seen far more success over this span. But again, you haven't probably spent 5 seconds thinking about this until your egotistical mind determined that I could not possibly be making a sensible point (presumably because you don't think coaching has been the big problem for Illini football, and I clearly do).
It’s hard to find good correlations on simple processes. What goes into winning football games is much more complicated. With as unclean as the data is in regard to quality of the player, position played, starter or backup, years in the league, etc. it would be even harder. Extremely unlikely that there’s a strong correlation between just NFL talent and winning college football games. Throw in a bunch of other variables and you’re still not likely to explain a large percentage of what makes for winning college football.

It’s hard to find good correlations on simple processes. What goes into winning football games is much more complicated. With as unclean as the data is in regard to quality of the player, position played, starter or backup, years in the league, etc. it would be even harder. Extremely unlikely that there’s a strong correlation between just NFL talent and winning college football games. Throw in a bunch of other variables and you’re still not likely to explain a large percentage of what makes for winning college football.

I understand completely what you think and why. But I suspect the graphing of the data I would pretty quickly reveal how much of an outlier Illinois is in terms of winning versus what you might expect with a comparable amount of NFL talent over time.

I think the problem at Illinois is awful simple. The coaching has been hideous - Turner/Beckman/Lovie were all bottom of the barrel collegiate HCs, and Zook/BB are below average. Almost impossible to stack 6 guys this bad in a row (toss in Tepper), but that's when you get when the hiring method at a middling program is resume and not potential based. At least Whitman seemed to consider potential in having Leipold in his Top 2, but per usual we ****ed it up (I also don't think people realize quite how well Lance Leipold would have done with the Illini roster inherited in 2021, it would have been spectacular).

Reactions: ILisBest
I understand completely what you think and why. But I suspect the graphing of the data I would pretty quickly reveal how much of an outlier Illinois is in terms of winning versus what you might expect with a comparable amount of NFL talent over time.

I think the problem at Illinois is awful simple. The coaching has been hideous - Turner/Beckman/Lovie were all bottom of the barrel collegiate HCs, and Zook/BB are below average. Almost impossible to stack 6 guys this bad in a row (toss in Tepper), but that's when you get when the hiring method at a middling program is resume and not potential based. At least Whitman seemed to consider potential in having Leipold in his Top 2, but per usual we ****ed it up (I also don't think people realize quite how well Lance Leipold would have done with the Illini roster inherited in 2021, it would have been spectacular).
LL would have won big with the roster 2 years ago. JW totally screwed the pooch on this hire. Is it too much to ask for the Illini to not hire the candidate that was fired from his last HCing job?

Giving massive buyouts when extending coaches that are not in demand is AD malpractice.

We are totally aligned on this topic.

More BS, but what do you expect from Cruz. They were all found guilty and that is not challenged. The legal issue is whether their sentences could be upgraded due to interfering with justice. I guess the appellate court said the electoral vote conclusion is not "justice". Does that show politics at play by DOJ? (Even the NY Post correctly stated that the judges upgraded the sentences) No, it was judges that agreed with the sentencing upgrades argued for by DOJ. Also, not one convicted received the maximum sentence, so I doubt any judge felt constrained to upgrade any sentence time wise. In other words, the judges sentenced each to the number they felt was right. Cruz knows better, but he is talking to dummies that fall for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT