ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Cases shouldn’t be concerning. The vaccine was never meant to keep people from testing positive for the virus. It was supposed to keep people out of the hospital though, and the % of those hospitalized that have been vaccinated continues to rise. That’s concerning.
Of course. My point was even the healthy who got the two-poke are getting another variant. I’d be more interested in knowing how many actually had covid previously who are ending up at the hospital now with a second case. This thing is still being treated as if science didn’t pertain to it.

Cases shouldn’t be concerning. The vaccine was never meant to keep people from testing positive for the virus. It was supposed to keep people out of the hospital though, and the % of those hospitalized that have been vaccinated continues to rise. That’s concerning.

That wasn’t the narrative at all. We were told the vaccines were 90% effective at [preventing] a COVID 19 infection

A perfect election Stone-Head.

58 percent of the 680k didn’t have a match. Hmmmm.

Arizona voter requirements only need proof of citizenship, that you live in AZ and more specifically what county you live in. We need to know what the mismatches were. California is the one that really sticks out to me over the last decade

We know at least one is proudly waiting for a handout from Biden for medicare at 60. Health insurance would be a lot easier when owning homes in two different states. You know…life is tough!
I will certainly be fine either way. I am more than comfortable with my vote for Biden. Trump's behavior after the election was reprehensible and confirmed for me that he is mentally unfit for any political office.

In addition, the idea that the election was fixed is ludicrous. It is pointless to debate the topic since everyone can find support for their position on either side.

Last edited:
Reactions: stoneaxe27

That Gateway Pundit will solve the puzzle.LOL. Garbage In equals garbage out.

Cartoon: Garbage in, garbage out ...
winchesterstar.com

Last edited:
I will certainly be fine either way. I am more than comfortable with my vote for Biden. Trump's behavior after the election was reprehensible and confirmed for me that he is mentally unfit for any political office.

In addition, the idea that the election was fixed is ludicrous. It is pointless to debate the topic since everyone can find support for their position on either side.

The righteousness of your vote was also confirmed by the 15,000 illegals detained under the Del Rio bridge, the 13 Marines killed, the 10 toddlers wiped out in retaliation, endless unemployment handouts, spiraling inflation, 2 million illegals getting YOUR handout, 9T in added debt, Russian pipelines approved, American pipelines cancelled, 280,000 COVID deaths credited to a man who was handed 3 vaccines by Trump, and on and on.

Honestly, you have more in common with Stone and Nancy despite your shallow claims. I’m in awe that a 60 year with two homes based his vote on getting a handout. Simply put, how selfish can one be? Further, a dummy from Naperville, Illinois who thinks election fraud claims are ludicrous ought to take a visit to the Daley museum in Chicago.

Its awesome that you are fine With your vote which put a dementia patient in the Oval Office.

The righteousness of your vote was also confirmed by the 15,000 illegals detained under the Del Rio bridge, the 13 Marines killed, the 10 toddlers wiped out in retaliation, endless unemployment handouts, spiraling inflation, 2 million illegals getting YOUR handout, 9T in added debt, Russian pipelines approved, American pipelines cancelled, 280,000 COVID deaths credited to a man who was handed 3 vaccines by Trump, and on and on.

Honestly, you have more in common with Stone and Nancy despite your shallow claims. I’m in awe that a 60 year with two homes based his vote on getting a handout. Simply put, how selfish can one be? Further, a dummy from Naperville, Illinois who thinks election fraud claims are ludicrous ought to take a visit to the Daley museum in Chicago.

Its awesome that you are fine With your vote which put a dementia patient in the Oval Office.
It is better to have a president with dementia (Biden) than a paranoid narcissist with borderline personality disorder (Trump).

Actually no, I don't really care that much. However, it is really clear Trump is a tool of a human being. It is not his fault - he was raised by a tool of a father. I do understand people who voted for Trump based on his policies but explicitly admit he is not much of a human being. However, it is really hard for me to understand the people who actually like Trump.

Reactions: stoneaxe27
It is better to have a president with dementia (Biden) than a paranoid narcissist with borderline personality disorder (Trump).

Biden has basically done all the things that Dems and the media warned us Trump would do.

- No grip on COVID despite a year to prepare and multiple vaccines

- Created a crisis at the border

- International laughingstock

- Once he finishes the job of ruining the American economy and the future of young Americans, he will fulfill all the nightmare scenarios that Dems put out there about Trump.

Pork buys votes. Wish I didn't see many, many CA license plates in AZ. Like every day. Don't count on Joe changing anything.

So, which policy of Trump's do you disapprove of Jeff? Did he not give you enough handouts? Certainly, energy independence gave you some $$$, his tax cuts certainly didn't hurt you, the economy boomed giving you a nice raise and cash to buy home #2!

See, it is phony people like you who end up destroying the country because your feelings were hurt. True weakness on your part Jeff. My guess is narcissism is present in most presidents as is a healthy dose of paranoia. In Trump's case, the 'free press' was very clearly against him and for D's.

Now, go find a shoulder to cry on. Your hurt feelings are getting a lot of people killed.

Yes. It’s better to have an administration creating crises at our Southern border, an administration putting your fellow American workers in the unemployment line day 1 on the job with the stroke of a pen, much better to have left US citizens in Afghanistan, much better to have Pelosi and progressives with very little opposition to ruining America. You say that’s superior to the terrorists being held in check, taking care of Obama’s JV team, no border crisis, low unemployment for all minorities, an economy where the bottom wage earners actually earned more and the wage gap decreased. The comparisons aren’t close. You chose poorly. Own it.

I know Stone and Nancy live in fantasy world (with Jeff) and Trump let 5000 Taliban go. However, the terrorist who killed 13 of our best gained his freedom on August 15th thanks to the well planned Biden retreat (prepared for every contingency!). So, Biden and Jeff who is happy with his vote, gave the Taliban 85B in gear and who knows how many suicide bombers. This one guy killed 170. But no more mean tweets!!

So, which policy of Trump's do you disapprove of Jeff? Did he not give you enough handouts? Certainly, energy independence gave you some $$$, his tax cuts certainly didn't hurt you, the economy boomed giving you a nice raise and cash to buy home #2!

See, it is phony people like you who end up destroying the country because your feelings were hurt. True weakness on your part Jeff. My guess is narcissism is present in most presidents as is a healthy dose of paranoia. In Trump's case, the 'free press' was very clearly against him and for D's.

Now, go find a shoulder to cry on. Your hurt feelings are getting a lot of people killed.
Hurt feelings? Nobody has hurt my feelings. Even before he entered politics, I always thought Trump was a goof.

I was always against the Trump tax cuts and the tax cuts were his only legislative achievement.

Handouts? I wouldn't know. Never received any during the pandemic.

I am much more of a cynic than you are. Most politicians are hypocrites and corrupt. Biden and Trump are both sleazebags. There is no good side. I am quite detached from politics for the most part.

Stonedaxe posts fake news and totally out of context articles.

It's difficult for him to debate with people that have ACTUAL knowledge of what he tries to espouse upon.

At least a dozen of my relatives are IN or retired from the NYPD and I know the retention census and the actual arrest stats ( no one is making arrests, unless they are forced to ).

Hurt feelings? Nobody has hurt my feelings. Even before he entered politics, I always thought Trump was a goof.

I was always against the Trump tax cuts and the tax cuts were his only legislative achievement.

Handouts? I wouldn't know. Never received any during the pandemic.

I am much more of a cynic than you are. Most politicians are hypocrites and corrupt. Biden and Trump are both sleazebags. There is no good side. I am quite detached from politics for the most part.

This says it all. You are a feelings guy. I asked you for the policies you disliked and all you could come up with was the tax cuts which resulted in a $500B increase in revenue to the treasury in 4 years. That's a 15 percent increase in tax revenues which I'm sure hurts your head since that can't be possible.

Only legislative achievement? LOL. It would seem that Trump garnered bi-partisan support with COVID bills in Spring 2020 which helped bring the economy back amazing quickly (9 M jobs added in 2 months) along with Trump's conservative economic policies (open the country) which you used to support before you went full blown commie (as demonstrated by your vote for one).

You voted for a HANDOUT, Jeff. Own it. And since you didn't receive the stimulus check, that tells me you make a really, fine salary that funds both of your houses and who knows how many cars. Yet, you wanted Medicare at 60, so you voted Biden. Really, really pathetic. Damn the country, give me my handout!

More about “rules for thee, but not for me”, the caste system and the unconstitutional nature of the Elites’ attitudes regarding the little people.

This says it all. You are a feelings guy. I asked you for the policies you disliked and all you could come up with was the tax cuts which resulted in a $500B increase in revenue to the treasury in 4 years. That's a 15 percent increase in tax revenues which I'm sure hurts your head since that can't be possible.

Only legislative achievement? LOL. It would seem that Trump garnered bi-partisan support with COVID bills in Spring 2020 which helped bring the economy back amazing quickly (9 M jobs added in 2 months) along with Trump's conservative economic policies (open the country) which you used to support before you went full blown commie (as demonstrated by your vote for one).

You voted for a HANDOUT, Jeff. Own it. And since you didn't receive the stimulus check, that tells me you make a really, fine salary that funds both of your houses and who knows how many cars. Yet, you wanted Medicare at 60, so you voted Biden. Really, really pathetic. Damn the country, give me my handout!
The COVID bills were necessary relief during a crisis. However, there will be no lasting impact from those measures.

For example, Obama's legacy is tied to ACA not to Great Recession relief bills.

Trump's only lasting legacy will be a corporate tax cut since the individual tax cuts expire in 2025. Trump is not a conservative, he is a populist. Trump's base dictates policy to Trump.

Even if Medicare at 60 was not a possibility, I would never have voted for Trump.
I did not vote for him in 2016 or 2020 and will not vote for him in 2024 if he runs again. I believe history will place Trump in the small group of really bad presidents that are only better than Andrew Johnson.

• Haha
Reactions: tjfleck6
The COVID bills were necessary relief during a crisis. However, there will be no lasting impact from those measures.

Trump's only lasting legacy will be a corporate tax cut since the individual tax cuts expire in 2025. Trump is not a conservative, he is a populist. Trump's base dictates policy to Trump.

Even if Medicare at 60 was not a possibility, I would never have voted for Trump.
I did not vote for him in 2016 or 2020 and will not vote for him in 2024 if he runs again. I believe history will place Trump in the small group of really bad presidents that are only better than Andrew Johnson.

Trump's LEGACY ? No Hillary !

Trump's lasting legacy will be showing how to shut the Southern border down, how to change globalists' extreme "inevitability" and put country first, something even most Democrat voters want, how to make NATO countries pay their fair share, getting rid of Obama's JV team, bringing the Iranians to their knees while the people you vote for give them money to create strife in the Middle East, moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem..something many prior POTUS had promised only to claim the Arabs would start a war over it. They did not. Other than that he will be remembered for tweeting stupidly, burying his own Administration's good news with ALL CAPS rants, getting into verbal arguments with Jim Acosta, unfortunately unleashing Anthony Fauci into the public realm for more than 15 minutes of fame. Both he and Frances Collins should be checked for what stocks they own. And last but not least Trump will be remembered for having small hands.

Biden Admin is an embarrassment. How long can his handlers prop up someone brain dead?

Is anyone proud of voting for Biden? Worst president in history in just 8 months. Meanwhile America is sinking fast. Just check the border fiasco. Or pretty much all fiascos. Joe Fiasco.

Haitians cross Southern border with no documents and we use US Coast Guard planes to fly them back.

Who pays ?

You and I.

Truck driver Joe says get tough, no on board peanuts !

• Haha
Reactions: Uncoach
Arizona voter requirements only need proof of citizenship, that you live in AZ and more specifically what county you live in. We need to know what the mismatches were. California is the one that really sticks out to me over the last decade

NYC REQUIRES Wuhan proof of vaccination AND photo ID to get a burger inside the restaurant, but NOT to vote !

But those statistics don’t tell the whole story, and that matters in ways that become important when you’re trying to understand the difference between how people feel and what the data say. Not all crimes are reported to the police. Sexual assault, in particular, is notoriously underreported. And there are plenty of crimes we don’t really track well in data — like vandalism, drug use and sales, or public intoxication — which can affect how safe people feel in their neighborhoods, even if the crimes aren’t serious.
Wesley Skogan, professor emeritus of political science at Northwestern University, spent much of the 1990s attending neighborhood-level public meetings around Chicago and documenting the issues that residents told police were problems they wanted solved. Some of these issues weren’t even, strictly speaking, crimes, at all. In 17 percent of the meetings, residents asked police to do something about litter. Loud music or other noise-related problems were discussed in 19 percent of the meetings. Residents complained about abandoned cars more often than they complained about gang problems. Skogan thinks about these factors as measurements of social disorder, and has found evidence that these things affect how safe people feel. If violent crimes are down, but there’s still a good deal of social disorder in an area, people’s responses to a survey might reflect how they feel about litter more than how they feel about a reduced murder rate.
The way the polls are worded also don’t help. “The polling tends to be pretty generic,” said Lisa L. Miller, a political scientist at Rutgers University who studies crime and punishment, which makes it hard to capture the difference between how Americans think about murder and litter when it comes to how safe they feel. More importantly, she said, questions like “Do you think crime has gone up or down?” is not the same thing as measuring fear. “When people are genuinely worried about crime and really fearful, it tends to be in relation to violent crime. That’s the thing I’ve found really drives public pressure for the government to do something,” she said.
This whole thing is further complicated because crime is extremely localized — and estimates about the national crime rate are, well, not.
“All the homicides in Chicago occur in about 8 percent of the city’s census tracts,” Skogan said. For almost everybody, he said, that means “the crime you hear about is crime somewhere else.” And that matters because research suggests people are a lot better at estimating the crime rate in their own backyard than they are at estimating what it’s like across town, or across the country.
Finally, there’s the question of race, which permeates and complicates everything surrounding crime. It’s not just trash and loitering that make people perceive a neighborhood as more dangerous regardless of the crime rate. When Lincoln Quillian, a professor of sociology at Northwestern University, analyzed data from three surveys of crime and safety in cities across America, he found that people perceive their neighborhood as more dangerous — regardless of the actual crime rate — if more young Black men live there. That was true for both Black and white respondents of the surveys, but in some cities the effect was significantly more pronounced in white people.
This is all a long-winded way of saying the situation is messy on many levels, but it remains true that people’s personal fear of being victims of crimes and their perceptions of national crime rates are far from accurate.
So why do Americans still think crime is high?
Turns out, the local news may be responsible for convincing Americans that violent crime is more common than it really is. Researchers have consistently found that “if it bleeds, it leads” is a pretty accurate descriptor of the coverage that local television broadcasters and newspapers focus on. For years, rarer crimes like murders received a lot more airtime than more common crimes like physical assault. And that hasn’t changed as the crime rate has fallen.
Understandably, seeing stories about violent atrocities on the news every night seems to make people afraid that the same thing could happen to them. According to one study conducted in California, consumption of local television news significantly increased people’s perceptions of risk and fear of crime. “The news is not going to report on things that are going really well very often,” Hollis said. “It’s not like ‘Hey Austin, Texas doesn’t have a whole lot of crime and that’s our news for the day!'” Stories about gun violence grab attention, so you get more stories about rare, but serious, crimes. “You can have people perceiving areas of cities as much more violent than they actually are because that’s what they see in the news,” she said. “It really amplifies that view of criminal activity beyond what it really is.”
There’s a significant amount of evidence, too, that reporting on crime can prop up harmful stereotypes: Studies have found that local news media disproportionately portray Black people as perpetrators of crime, and white people as victims.
There’s also plenty of fodder for this kind of coverage because even though crime has fallen a lot over the past few decades, the U.S. is still a pretty violent country, at least compared to other developed nations. “Violence remains an American problem,” Miller said. “Just think about mass shootings. So in that sense it’s not irrational for people to be somewhat fearful of violence.”
But often, those fears can be blown out of proportion — not just by wall-to-wall murder coverage on the news, but also by politicians who bring up the crime rate in press conferences and interviews. President Trump is far from the first president to paint a dark vision of crime in American cities, but he is singularly obsessed with the topic, especially now. According to a HuffPost analysis, the vast majority of the ads his campaign aired in the month of July dealt in some way with public safety. In one ad, an elderly woman is robbed as text flashes across the screen reading, “You won’t be safe in Joe Biden’s America.”
And a recent study suggests that Trump’s words could have an effect. Researchers found that news coverage and political rhetoric — as measured by mentions of crime in presidential State of the Union speeches — were significant indicators of whether Americans thought crime was a pressing issue facing the country. The actual crime rate was not. A HuffPost poll conducted from July 22 to 24 found something similar: Only 10 percent of Americans correctly believe that crime has fallen over the past decade, while 57 percent think crime has increased.
Some Americans may be more receptive to tough-on-crime rhetoric than others, of course. Republicans are generally more apt to say that crime is a serious problem facing the country than Democrats. And although Pew analysis of polling data doesn’t uncover big racial differences in perceptions of crime, white and Black Americans likely think about crime very differently because criminal justice has become so inextricably tied to race.

All you guys really only need to read; This past weekend in just Chicago: 56 shot, 9 Killed.

ONLY the weekend !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT