ADVERTISEMENT

Game 6: Illinois vs. Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked to me he had to get rid of it sooner than he wanted

due to pressure. It's what you get when your QB can't avoid the rush,

3/out and Lunt's limping off the field. Lost all our momentum on some bonehead play calling.

Originally posted by illini1973:
Do any of the defensive players have any pride? Or talent? Or is it the scheme? Probably a little bit of both! If you continue to do the same thing and get the same results you will lose your job quickly!
Below average talent, beyond horrendous schemes and coaching.

For the most part, when the other QB doesn't get 7 seconds, we have adequate coverage. That should tell you that the D isn't complete devoid of athletes.

If Beckman is somehow back after this year...

Tim Banks better not be. It is remarkable how poorly this defense is coached.

That end zone angle is fantastic. The LB's are only at 3 yards depth on that td run. That is brutal. Doesn't give you enough time to see things. This is Purdue and they are starting to look like Nebraska.

What a clown show. They're running 1 play: draw up the middle. We know it's coming and they still get 7 yards.

Coaching staff not on the same page with each other. Classic symptom of poor leadership and cohesion driven by a weak HC. Cubit trying too hard to make up for D where Banks and Beckman are simply over matched. Comes apart under any kind of pressure. Wisconsin game will be a bloodbath. I feel bad for the kids and their parents. What a contrast in leadership with the Basketball program. It can be done-just not by this football staff.

Let's see if Purdue comes out w/empty backfield and try to chuck it in the endzone.

Give Hazell credit for going for it, but I wouldn't have done it.

And it works. Great play Illini!

This post was edited on 10/4 12:17 PM by dtrain79

I am watching Miss St game also and their LBs are back 5 yds , it must work cause score is 21-7 State.

Originally posted by dtrain79:
Give Hazell credit for going for it, but I wouldn't it.

And it works. Great play Illini!
Why not? I'd go for it every single time against this defense.

Edit: If you can't stop the run in the B1G you're not going to win any games. Hunt already has 150 yards rushing. Ridiculous.
This post was edited on 10/4 12:19 PM by SteveInSeattle

I will be honest I'm concerned about this Illinois run defense

Dunno how you guys have anything negative to say about Cubit. The offense is very exciting to warch and I loved the 4th down play call. He had Dudek wide open in the end zone but Lunt missed it. Purdue didn't have any clue that play was coming.

The real sad thing about our football team is we have the best QB we have had since Kittner, these guys seem to only come around once a decade, and we are going to totally waste his talents while he is here because Beckman is the worst coach in D1 and I have no clue what he has our defense do in practice. I could coach this team better based off of my Madden skills alone. Its really a mystery how Beckman ever got a D1 coaching job to begin with???

Changed the game. If you're going for it on fourth you run on third and don't throw a 20 yard pass on fourth.

Fire them all

Everyone gave me sh*t when I said before the season that even beating purdue wasn't going to be a gimme for this staff. This is playing out as I suspected.

On hunts last run to the 4

We finally made a few tackles and wrapped up....problem was we were tackling our own guys. I think Teitsma made 3 Illini defender tackles on his own!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Should've called timeout w 55 secs to get the ball back but whatever good stop I guess. Score out of halftime

We had the game won we should be up 21-7 and getting the ball in the second half

But too stupid play calling

Defense just sucks and the fact banks is till coaching is terrible. Couldn't stop a high school team

PU just dominated us against the wind. With a QB that looks pretty bad to me.

Mike Thomas, how do you let this nonsense continue?

This is the worst coached team in FCS football. The worst. And that's with at least average, if not above, coaching on offense. The defensive staff is a -14 when the game starts.

Disgusting.

Cubit got a little too cute... had a 3rd and 2.... and he calls two pass plays. Lunt is eyeballing primary guy every time, he's going to have to get better at that.

Much like the Bears, offense has to be perfect to overcome porous defense. Not sure how Illinois can win this game when they can't stop the run. LB's continue to be way out of position.

Really weak half off football....Defense and lack of good schemes and coaching.

Originally posted by hickstw:
Should've called timeout w 55 secs to get the ball back but whatever good stop I guess. Score out of halftime
Yep, poor time management. With the wind, you want the ball back to try and get a FG. Heck, had PU done that stupid kickoff, we'd have needed 25 yards to be in FG range.

Pathetic.

Why would any fan support this program with $$? No thanks.

I can support bad...bad that shows progress and gets good

Not bad that stays bad and gets worse. Repeat. Repeat

The only positive I take away from Illinois football since Beckman has been here is they NEVER cover the spread. I put $100 on Purdue +9 again this week. So at least I get paid after watching Beckman crap his pants for 3 hours.

This is the worst coached team in FCS football. The worst. And that's with at least average, if not above, coaching on offense. The defensive staff is a -14 when the game starts.

Disgusting.
Well said.... This is really hard to watch.

Originally posted by OSKEEWAWA12:
Pathetic.

Why would any fan support this program with $$? No thanks.

I can support bad...bad that shows progress and gets good

Not bad that stays bad and gets worse. Repeat. Repeat
Yeah, I give between $500-$1,000 every year to the library. Very much thinking of writing a letter to whomever is in charge of the library and copying Chancellor Wise and AD Thomas and letting them know my donations will be suspended until Tim Beckman is removed. Usually give some to the athletic department, but that stopped this year because of this incompetence.

Originally posted by MKIllini:
Cubit got a little too cute... had a 3rd and 2.... and he calls two pass plays. Lunt is eyeballing primary guy every time, he's going to have to get better at that.

Much like the Bears, offense has to be perfect to overcome porous defense. Not sure how Illinois can win this game when they can't stop the run. LB's continue to be way out of position.

Really weak half off football....Defense and lack of good schemes and coaching.
That series really bothered me. If it is 3rd and two and you know you are going to go for it on 4th down. Why not run it twice?
Also, at the end of the half, why not use your last two timeouts so you have some time on the clock when you receive the ball. Illinois could have had at least 50 seconds to try to do something with the ball.

There's no reason to support a school and program that does not give a rat's a$$ about winning. No excuse for being this bad. How as a fanbase can we get this better? Stop showing up and supporter this mess. I'll care again when this School and it's leaders show me they care.

So disgusted with this crap...

Originally posted by COILLINI:

Disgusting.
Well said.... This is really hard to watch.
Yeah, other than the part about us being in FBS. But no doubt we are worse than FCS teams too!

300 yards of offense to Purdue at halftime. Sorry Banks you need to change your scheme or resign before your fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT