ADVERTISEMENT

Game 6: Illinois vs. Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we play the majority of outlet games at 11 am. My wife, misery alum, asked why. I just assumed its bc we suck. Is that the reason?

Joe Spencer gets the start at center today, Pat Flavin at right tackle.

Austin Appleby starting at QB for Purdue.

Nice start figured I would say something nice before the hate begins.

Its only Purdue, but that's as nice of a drive as I have ever seen as an Illini fan.

smile.r191677.gif

the defense, the defense, the defense.......that was to easy for Purdue !!!

Ive been a pretty big supporter of Taylor Barton because I felt that at least he made effort, but they ought to revoke his scholarship after that TD.

Class 1A High School safeties can break down better than that.

And this isn't a knock on the talent he lacks, I usually support any kid who gives 100%, but that was an absolutely half ass attempt with an absolutely dreadful angle.

Monheim just not a BIG Lb. Unreal how poor that drive was defended. That defense does not get off blocks.

Lunt already has 59 yards and a TD. Illini should be able to score on every drive.

Defense? Guys just completely out of position on the run by Mostert. D-lineman standing straight up dancing with the blocker. My 12 year old kids knew better than that when I was coaching. Where were the LBs and safeties?

Defense and Banks...

If Banks is around after this season, something is wrong. We're just bad on defense with zero improvement over the 3 years of TTBFP.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Most poorly coached and flawed scheme in the BIG. Fire Beckman, Banks, and let Cubit interim. Go find young stud DC to pair with HC Cubit, or start over. BB defense will only get uglier to watch.

Always liked Jon Davis the offense has a ton of weapons the d is obviously the exact opposite get some stops here and there though and should be fine

Offensive line really got it done on that drive. Flavin and Karras.

For our next coach can we please just find one who lines up and kicks the extra point straight up, good grief.

Did anyone see Lunt jump up after the TD to celebrate, I believe he hurt his knee again or aggravated it>

Most passive D in the BIG. Why not attack and take chances when you have an O as good as Cubit's? Antithesis of complimentary football, and indicative of the fact that Beckman is clueless and Banks simply incompetent. Baylor and A&M looked horrible on D early in their regimes building process, but they had a plan for how it all fit together until they got enough success to recruit the athletes. Seems like we have two separate teams and philosophies. Clear which one should go.

Nice play by Thomas there. Love how Monheim jumps around like he did something. He went in too high again, was lucky Thomas had him wrapped up low.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Big stop that's all the d needs to do in this one I would imagine now put another one on the board and open it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT