ADVERTISEMENT

Current Events.

If the US had terrorists at their border who had recently staged an attack that killed scores of people in the US and the US sent exploding pagers, radios etc., people in the US would be cheering.

Israel is at war with terror groups that want to destroy it if they could. I don't see a problem with what they did. Screw around with Israel and you better watch out. I think it is a pretty sound message to send to people who want you to cease to exist.

I guess Israel is not allowed to strike back at its enemies.

Last edited:
IIRC, you suggested that NIKE open a facility in the inner city. It is completely unrealistic. Manufacturing shoes is a very labor intensive process. Nobody is going to open a facility in the US where labor costs are 30-60x that of Asia.

Now I suppose if NIKE marketed this line of shoes as being made in the US to help rebuild American inner cities it might work. It would have to be a premium product that would serve a niche market. You could not bring general shoe manufacturing to the US.

Back in the day when I worked in an office with a suit and tie, I would wear Allen Edmonds shoes. They are manufactured in the US with a price range of $300 -$400 for dress shoes. It is possible to manufacture premium products in the US but the markets for those products will be much smaller.
It isn’t unrealistic at all. They spend millions of dollars paying influencers like Kaepernick, as opposed to actually making a difference in urban communities. You put some plants in the inner cities, make sure there is police protection, I would as a taxpayer be willing to subsidize the in plant child care for 4 years. Add in some retail establishments to serve the community (more police protection and prosecution of even petty shoplifting. It can happen. You thought Biden would be a moderate. You were wrong. You are wrong about this, as well. Gordon Gekko was wrong. Greed is not good. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil. It’s true. It doesn’t say money is the root of all evil. US chartered corporations need strong incentives to stop selling out American citizens. And you are wrong. I’ve actually presented this idea to some Democrats of significant wealth and they like the idea. Instead of being a negative nellie, perhaps you can come up with a solid plan to help the urban community building its tax base to gentrify without displacing the people living in the neighborhood.

It isn’t unrealistic at all. They spend millions of dollars paying influencers like Kaepernick, as opposed to actually making a difference in urban communities. You put some plants in the inner cities, make sure there is police protection, I would as a taxpayer be willing to subsidize the in plant child care for 4 years. Add in some retail establishments to serve the community (more police protection and prosecution of even petty shoplifting. It can happen. You thought Biden would be a moderate. You were wrong. You are wrong about this, as well. Gordon Gekko was wrong. Greed is not good. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil. It’s true. It doesn’t say money is the root of all evil. US chartered corporations need strong incentives to stop selling out American citizens. And you are wrong. I’ve actually presented this idea to some Democrats of significant wealth and they like the idea. Instead of being a negative nellie, perhaps you can come up with a solid plan to help the urban community building its tax base to gentrify without displacing the people living in the neighborhood.
I hope you are right and it works. I am not philosophically opposed to your idea. Public corporations for the most part are focused on shareholder value. Chicago has food deserts because grocery chains don't want to put stores in areas that are not profitable. Most public corporations just don't care.

I know how bad it is in undeserved neighborhoods. I lived in one for 15 years where I was literally the only white person living there. Heard gunshots right in front of my home.

AIPAC is made up of American Jews that support Israel. If Chinese are caught bribing politicians, the politicians are convicted and can go to prison. The numerous Russians and Americans caught collaborating in Trump's 2016 election were being prosecuted until the corrupt Bill Barr shut it down. You know, politicizing the Justice Department.
You complain about Barr, who was confirmed his first stint as AG 100-0 ! (Pre TDS'ers)

I have never participated in a discussion to fix the inner cities so I don't know where that is coming from.

The only thing I have against MAGA people is that they continue to believe and perpetuate the lie that the 2020 election was stolen. There was no proof of any widespread fraud yet they continue to believe Trump's BS. When the integrity of our elections are called into question, it tears at the fabric of our country. They are the unwitting dupes of Russia and China who try to cause unrest in our country. Is it not funny that there was no election fraud in 2016 when Trump won but it only became an issue in 2020 when he lost.

I just watched the new documentary Stop the Steal on HBO. The documentary contains interviews exclusively with Republicans who were directly involved in the election and it becomes obvious that the the idea that the election was stolen was a big lie with absolutely no substance.

For the sake of the country, I hope Trump gets crushed in the election so this election fraud crap can be put to rest. If Trump loses and the election is close, then there will be more unrest that will all be based on a lie.
The FIRST presidential candidate to claim election fraud was Swillery !

What losing presidential candidate refused to recognize the legitimacy of an election due to voter fraud before Trump?

Hillary made her claim based on Russian interference but made no claim about voter fraud. Hillary is an ass and her claims were just sour grapes. However, her claims are not nearly as damaging as a claim of widespread voter fraud.

Even in 1960, Nixon conceded and did not claim he lost because of voter fraud.
But he HAD, compliments of Chicago !

Reactions: tjfleck6
This is a great read. This younger person sees the issues well.

Republicans are leaving that party too.

We haven’t seen a political realignment like this in the U.S. since the mid 60’s through the early 80’s.

Even if Nixon won Illinois, he still would have lost.
Stages of this
1. American elections are completely secure
2. There is only sparse examples of fraud
3. It happens but It wouldn’t have made a difference in that state anyway
4. Even if he would have won Illinois, he would have lost the presidency
5. Final stage …it’s a good thing they cheated because the other guy should never be president .

Stages of this
1. American elections are completely secure
2. There is only sparse examples of fraud
3. It happens but It wouldn’t have made a difference in that state anyway
4. Even if he would have won Illinois, he would have lost the presidency
5. Final stage …it’s a good thing they cheated because the other guy should never be president .
A meaningful voter fraud scheme today for the presidential election would require:
  • Coordination across several states.
  • Complete secrecy from all that are involved forever.
  • The ability to gauge the scale of voter fraud needed to turn the state.
  • The ability to avoid detection in an era where there are cameras everywhere.
Seems to be hard thing to pull off.

In an interview with the Arizona Speaker of the House (Republican and Trump supporter) in 2020, he told the Trump team if they could provide hard evidence of voter fraud he would begin an investigation. The Trump team never called back. The Georgia Secretary of State said they did a forensic review of the 2020 ballots and found four instances of dead people voting. It is all BS.

If Trump had all this proof of voter fraud, why did he not release it to public? Where is the hard data? I am sure if Trump had such date he would have released it. Trump did not release hard data because he did not have any.

Do I believe there was voter fraud in Chicago related to 1960 presidential election? Yes, I do. Chicago was such a corrupt city at the time that I believe it could be done. There were a lot fewer eyes watching at that time.

• Haha
Reactions: flight 33
A meaningful voter fraud scheme today for the presidential election would require:
  • Coordination across several states.
  • Complete secrecy from all that are involved forever.
  • The ability to gauge the scale of voter fraud needed to turn the state.
  • The ability to avoid detection in an era where there are cameras everywhere.
Seems to be hard thing to pull off.

In an interview with the Arizona Speaker of the House (Republican and Trump supporter) in 2020, he told the Trump team if they could provide hard evidence of voter fraud he would begin an investigation. The Trump team never called back. The Georgia Secretary of State said they did a forensic review of the 2020 ballots and found four instances of dead people voting. It is all BS.

If Trump had all this proof of voter fraud, why did he not release it to public? Where is the hard data? I am sure if Trump had such date he would have released it. Trump did not release hard data because he did not have any.

Do I believe there was voter fraud in Chicago related to 1960 presidential election? Yes, I do. Chicago was such a corrupt city at the time that I believe it could be done. There were a lot fewer eyes watching at that time.
There is no way there wasn’t voter fraud. Look, they have tried to kill Trump twice now. They will do whatever it takes in the end. There is a reason they fight proper vetting, one day voting and paper ballots. They have nefarious intent. The Democrats are a criminal enterprise .

That would include Mike Pence who said anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States.
Of course you know much more about Trump's fitness for the presidency than Pence who only worked closely with Trump for 4 years.

Indeed, Mike Pence is a fraud. Kamala and Tim Putz want to take away your rights to free speech and guns - rights that are protected by the Constitution. Mike Pence, the McCains, the Cheney's, Little Adam - all exposed. 3 assassination attempts reflect the Deep State's desire to do whatever it takes to keep DJT out of office. They will even instill your girl who is dumb by anyone's measure with the exception of DTrain who says, looky, she has a law degree from Cal! Ignore what you see and hear, that piece of paper makes her smart. Poor little Deranged left these threads due to his insanity being exposed just as it was on X.

There is no way there wasn’t voter fraud. Look, they have tried to kill Trump twice now. They will do whatever it takes in the end. There is a reason they fight proper vetting, one day voting and paper ballots. They have nefarious intent. The Democrats are a criminal enterprise .
So you believe that the Democrats are trying to kill Trump? If the first attempt succeeded, the Republicans would have nominated a better candidate. How would that have worked out for the Democrats? There is no logic to it.

Indeed, Mike Pence is a fraud. Kamala and Tim Putz want to take away your rights to free speech and guns - rights that are protected by the Constitution. Mike Pence, the McCains, the Cheney's, Little Adam - all exposed. 3 assassination attempts reflect the Deep State's desire to do whatever it takes to keep DJT out of office.
How exactly is Pence a fraud? He loyally served as Trump's VP for four years and then Trump threw him under the bus.

You have lost your mind.

Last edited:
I am sure Pence was talking about 1/6 when Trump was pressuring Pence not to do his constitutional duty.
Pence did not do his duty and throw it back to a handful of states. You may recall Pence said he "doesn't have that power". However, the next Congress passed a law prohibiting the VP from throwing it back to the states. Totally unnecessary unless of course Pence had that power.

If New Balance can afford to manufacture 4M shoes in the USA, Nike could easily manufacture 10 times that amount in the US. Jeff is right that NIke can't manufacture ALL of their shoes in the US; however, they could manufacture some of them in the US and that would even help with their stated goals to support DEI AND Climate Change. But, the sad truth is Nike is about making money and they really don't give a hoot about freedom or child labor.

Pence did not do his duty and throw it back to a handful of states. You may recall Pence said he "doesn't have that power". However, the next Congress passed a law prohibiting the VP from throwing it back to the states. Totally unnecessary unless of course Pence had that power.
Most constitutional scholars would disagree with you. The law was passed to prevent some stooge from violating the Constitution.

If New Balance can afford to manufacture 4M shoes in the USA, Nike could easily manufacture 10 times that amount in the US. Jeff is right that NIke can't manufacture ALL of their shoes in the US; however, they could manufacture some of them in the US and that would even help with their stated goals to support DEI AND Climate Change. But, the sad truth is Nike is about making money and they really don't give a hoot about freedom or child labor.
I agree. New Balance only makes the 990 and 993 in the US. These shoes cost about $200/pair.

Nike could do the same and make a premium shoe line in the US as well.

So you believe that the Democrats are trying to kill Trump? If the first attempt succeeded, the Republicans would have nominated a better candidate. How would that have worked out for the Democrats? There is no logic to it.
You're an idiot. Trump won the primary and is by far the most attractive Republican candidate. A guy who attracts RFK, Tulsi, working class, etc.

To answer your question, the Deep State is doing their best to get Trump killed. With the addition of an apparent chemical attack in Tucson last week, that makes 3 assassination attempts. Only a conspiracy theorist could believe the USSS is so incompetent that they leave a rooftop unprotected 120 yards from the President or would fail to check the perimeter of the golf course on which the president is playing.

In Tucson, only people on 1 of the 2 benches were hospitalized with identical symptoms (loss of vision, puffy faces, etc.). The national media will do their best to ignore it. One lady thought it was allergies but as she got back to Phoenix she immediately went to an ER.

Most constitutional scholars would disagree with you. The law was passed to prevent some stooge from violating the Constitution.
Yes Jeff, and the 61 Intelligence Experts said Hunter's laptop was a Russian fake. You consistently have been fooled time and time again.

Bottom line, the next Congress passed a law to stop Pence (or others) from doing what he supposedly wasn't allowed to do. If already unconstitutional, the Supremes would rule a Pence kickback invalid. Bottom line is the traitor Pence had the power, but not the cajónes.

I bet you take the government at their word on how Jack Ruby was able to kill Lee Harvey ..

They would certainly look the other way for sure, especially intelligence agencies and those who have real power. I mean, Hillary Clinton wanted a drone to kill Julian Assange…evil people

You're an idiot. Trump won the primary and is by far the most attractive Republican candidate. A guy who attracts RFK, Tulsi, working class, etc.

To answer your question, the Deep State is doing their best to get Trump killed. With the addition of an apparent chemical attack in Tucson last week, that makes 3 assassination attempts. Only a conspiracy theorist could believe the USSS is so incompetent that they leave a rooftop unprotected 120 yards from the President or would fail to check the perimeter of the golf course on which the president is playing.

In Tucson, only people on 1 of the 2 benches were hospitalized with identical symptoms (loss of vision, puffy faces, etc.). The national media will do their best to ignore it. One lady thought it was allergies but as she got back to Phoenix she immediately went to an ER.

The chemical story is really bizarre….

Reactions: rillaman

I wouldn't say they are trying to kill him. I don't know that they are trying all that hard to stop it. Heck, Hillary Clinton (still a Dem leader, whether people want to admit that or not) couldn't stop talking about what a danger he was the day after the 2nd attempt.

The chaos of Trump dying would not help the Republicans. That's crazy talk. There would have been several candidates and no time to build a legit candidacy.

Trump has a net favorability rating of -10 and he is the most attractive candidate? Trump lost the popular vote by over 3 million to Hillary Clinton and Hillary Clinton was an awful candidate. Trump then lost to the living mummy in 2020. Trump sure is a powerhouse candidate! I am sure the Republicans could have done better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT