ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Yes, all of the PDs across the country are lying, and the murder rate isn't down 13%, it's actually up. Everyone is lying. Literally everyone. The NYPD which has homicides in NYC down 12%. The FBI - lying nationally. Everyone.

At some point you should maybe bother to actually look into this if you want to discuss it. I mean, I will happily stipulate that the NY subway is more dangerous than it was 5 years ago (maybe even 1-2 years ago, though that's a harder conversation).
I have to get ready for Matt and Amanda's NYPD response to their fellow NYPD Officer KIA YESTERDAY.

So Democrats pushed an affordable option, even though nothing about it was more affordable, and Republicans are the problem for not fixing it?

The Dems are so much better at politics. The things they get people to believe.
The Republicans have been terrible in regards to healthcare. They never had a credible proposal. I would love if the Republicans modified the ACA to make it better. Tort reform would be a start.

I am 61 and my COBRA runs out next year. Thank God for the ACA! It will be my bridge to Medicare. Before the ACA, if you needed individual medical insurance the options were crap and if you had any sort of medical condition you were uninsurable.

As far as cost, the plans are comparable to my COBRA.

Everything about the crime discussion is easy if you simply accept one of the most obvious premises in the history of Earth.

The Covid hysteria/disruption and the Floyd situation/police retreat from high crime areas because no cop wants to be the next Derek Chauvin were the primary drivers of the murder and most other crime spikes over the last three years. It is completely unsurprising that, the further we get from those events, the more crime retreats towards where it was in 2019.

We already got a taste of this. Murders spiked in St. Louis after Michael Brown and in Baltimore after Freddy Gray, and in both areas this was directly linked to much more passive policing in high crime areas. Which of course says something interesting - good policing really does make an impact, particularly among the most vulnerable citizens and geographies. Cops really are doing us a major service.

Reactions: bung23
I have to get ready for Matt and Amanda's NYPD response to their fellow NYPD Officer KIA YESTERDAY.

One off situations (or even cities) do not establish a national trend. Sadly, policemen are killed in the line of duty every week. NYC police have a dangerous job, no one denies this.

But we are talking about the crime rate. It's going down. That's a fact.

Uh oh Trumpers.

Bloomberg swing state polls - which will be viewed as "great news" by the Donald's faithful - reveal the big problem for the Trump campaign.

Trump with nice leads in GA/AZ/NC and a small lead in NV (I love Trump's chances to win NV and give the GOP a Senate seat along with it).

But Trump losing Wisconsin by 1 and tied in PA/Michigan.

Collectively, Trump averages a 5% lead in the Sunbelt swing states. But he would be down by .3% in the Rust Belt swing states.

No matter what, Trump cannot win the election without winning at least one of the three Rust Belt states, barring him somehow overcoming his 6.5% loss in Nebraska-2 in 2020 (this isn't happening).

Here's something for your TDS; A Statistic !

DJT gets listed today in the Bloomberg list of the 500 wealthiest people in the World.

For the first time !
Trading update: DJT is up 50 % today !

Adding several Billions to his Worth estimated yesterday at $ 6,300,000 billion.

Interesting read on crime from a New Yorker:

So, public disorder is rising in urban areas run by leftists in America. There's no doubt about that. So, if you go to San Francisco or Chicago or New York City or Baltimore or Saint Louis and on and on and on and on. You are not safe. And the reason that you are not safe any longer because you were safe maybe 6 or 7 years ago, is because the leftist district attorney's refuse to punish criminals. It's as simple as that. If you do not punish the miscreants, they're going to run wild and hurt people. That's it. Now I'm going to prove it to you. I'm going to prove it to you. So, New York City, just yesterday, a Monday in late March. Ordinary day. 31-year-old police officer Jonathan Diller shot dead in a traffic stop. His alleged killer, Guy Rivera has been arrested 21 times, including 9 felonies. He's out on the street with a gun. Okay, that's New York City. So, this 31-year-old officer, married, couple of kids. He's dead. Because they won't keep this guy Rivera in prison. That's it.

Okay. Same day, Monday. A commuter was standing waiting for the subway car when someone pushed him onto the tracks, and he was killed for no reason. Okay, no reason at all. The suspect has been arrested. Carlton McPherson, 24. Okay. And he has been released without bail on Halloween last year after being arrested for assault, menacing and other charges in Brooklyn. He failed to show up twice for his hearing. Still out on the street. Now he's arrested for pushing this worker, this commuter to his death. And they give him $2,000 bail - which he meets. He's out on the street. The guy who allegedly pushed an innocent person in front of a subway is out today walking around. This is impossible to believe, but it is true.

Okay. Yesterday, Monday, New York City, at least 3 people were stabbed. Slashed, okay, in public on the street. And a woman, 46-year-old, found dead in her Bronx house. And it looks like a homicide. Subway violence in New York City is up 50% from 2019. 50%. Now again, the reason is the D.A., Alvin Bragg, a Soros man. Funded by George Soros will not prosecute crimes. And the Mayor of New York City, Eric Adams, in way over his head. He's a bystander. Okay? He does nothing. He doesn't even speak out about this stuff. There's nothing from him. So, I gave him a chance. All right. I met him a couple of times. Seems like an okay guy, but it's a disaster. New York City is a disaster. And then you have the legislature in Albany who passed these insane no bail laws signed by former Governor Andrew Cuomo and certified by present Governor Kathy Hochul. Now, all of the names I mentioned of these politicians, they don't care about you. At all. They don't care whether you live or you die. And that is the situation we are in.

Since 2018, 1 million people have left New York State. 1 million. Since 2018, 812,000 have left New York City. Again, these politicians do not care. This whole state, New York in 5 years, if it keeps going this way, will collapse financially. Because the people paying the taxes are getting the deuce out of here. They're being replaced by migrants who are not going to be able to pay taxes. In fact, they will take from the city and state governments. Okay, that's where we are. And that's the Memo. So, it's politics. Its far-left people being elected to office by Americans. It's not like Adams and Bragg and Hochul and Cuomo just showed up. They were elected. And it doesn't even matter how poorly they perform, how dangerous the city is. Millions of people still vote for them again. And we got that with Joe Biden as well.

Reactions: Uncoach and bung23
Interesting read on crime from a New Yorker:

So, public disorder is rising in urban areas run by leftists in America. There's no doubt about that. So, if you go to San Francisco or Chicago or New York City or Baltimore or Saint Louis and on and on and on and on. You are not safe. And the reason that you are not safe any longer because you were safe maybe 6 or 7 years ago, is because the leftist district attorney's refuse to punish criminals. It's as simple as that. If you do not punish the miscreants, they're going to run wild and hurt people. That's it. Now I'm going to prove it to you. I'm going to prove it to you. So, New York City, just yesterday, a Monday in late March. Ordinary day. 31-year-old police officer Jonathan Diller shot dead in a traffic stop. His alleged killer, Guy Rivera has been arrested 21 times, including 9 felonies. He's out on the street with a gun. Okay, that's New York City. So, this 31-year-old officer, married, couple of kids. He's dead. Because they won't keep this guy Rivera in prison. That's it.

Okay. Same day, Monday. A commuter was standing waiting for the subway car when someone pushed him onto the tracks, and he was killed for no reason. Okay, no reason at all. The suspect has been arrested. Carlton McPherson, 24. Okay. And he has been released without bail on Halloween last year after being arrested for assault, menacing and other charges in Brooklyn. He failed to show up twice for his hearing. Still out on the street. Now he's arrested for pushing this worker, this commuter to his death. And they give him $2,000 bail - which he meets. He's out on the street. The guy who allegedly pushed an innocent person in front of a subway is out today walking around. This is impossible to believe, but it is true.

Okay. Yesterday, Monday, New York City, at least 3 people were stabbed. Slashed, okay, in public on the street. And a woman, 46-year-old, found dead in her Bronx house. And it looks like a homicide. Subway violence in New York City is up 50% from 2019. 50%. Now again, the reason is the D.A., Alvin Bragg, a Soros man. Funded by George Soros will not prosecute crimes. And the Mayor of New York City, Eric Adams, in way over his head. He's a bystander. Okay? He does nothing. He doesn't even speak out about this stuff. There's nothing from him. So, I gave him a chance. All right. I met him a couple of times. Seems like an okay guy, but it's a disaster. New York City is a disaster. And then you have the legislature in Albany who passed these insane no bail laws signed by former Governor Andrew Cuomo and certified by present Governor Kathy Hochul. Now, all of the names I mentioned of these politicians, they don't care about you. At all. They don't care whether you live or you die. And that is the situation we are in.

Since 2018, 1 million people have left New York State. 1 million. Since 2018, 812,000 have left New York City. Again, these politicians do not care. This whole state, New York in 5 years, if it keeps going this way, will collapse financially. Because the people paying the taxes are getting the deuce out of here. They're being replaced by migrants who are not going to be able to pay taxes. In fact, they will take from the city and state governments. Okay, that's where we are. And that's the Memo. So, it's politics. Its far-left people being elected to office by Americans. It's not like Adams and Bragg and Hochul and Cuomo just showed up. They were elected. And it doesn't even matter how poorly they perform, how dangerous the city is. Millions of people still vote for them again. And we got that with Joe Biden as well.

It’s fair to criticize Soros prosecutors (they exist but aren’t that common) and bad bail laws without painting a picture that is far darker than reality. New York is an exceedingly safe big city, in spite of crimes that manufacture lots of headlines.

Interestingly, Dallas is far less safe, but like most population centers, crime is concentrated in certain neighborhoods.

The Republicans have been terrible in regards to healthcare. They never had a credible proposal. I would love if the Republicans modified the ACA to make it better. Tort reform would be a start.

I am 61 and my COBRA runs out next year. Thank God for the ACA! It will be my bridge to Medicare. Before the ACA, if you needed individual medical insurance the options were crap and if you had any sort of medical condition you were uninsurable.

As far as cost, the plans are comparable to my COBRA.
COBRA sucks dude. It is very expensive. It's hilarious that you are touting COBRA.

Once again, the "Reagan Republican" Jeff will go to his grave with his hand out as he sucks off the tit of the government. Since you retired early and our paying cash for your home, you could surely afford to pay State Farm for health insurance for something less than 39 months.

So, cut the crap on you were a Republican, ever. You were not. My Senator John McCain outright lied to the people of Arizona promising to repeal Obamacare and replace it with the American Healthcare Act of 2017 during his 2016 election campaign. It passed the House and in the Senate, old John loudly voted No! His one vote killed a better plan Jeff. I won't say I mourned the death of John McCain - his last act was done in spite and screwed the American people.

Reactions: ILisBest
John used to hang with McCain's Son at USNA and their home in DC. As John was given his diploma and shook Obumma's hand, McCain and his Wife were seated at the bottom of the ramp.

I begged John to render his first salute to McCain (then giving McCain a silver dollar, which the first salute rendered person receives from the Graduate.).

But John declined as he said that he would probably be stationed at the South Pole.

Reactions: tjfleck6
It’s fair to criticize Soros prosecutors (they exist but aren’t that common) and bad bail laws without painting a picture that is far darker than reality. New York is an exceedingly safe big city, in spite of crimes that manufacture lots of headlines.

Interestingly, Dallas is far less safe, but like most population centers, crime is concentrated in certain neighborhoods.
Headlines like these?

Crime in NYC still up 47.5% since bail reform despite cops claims otherwise

This is a snap shot of the beginning of 2019 vs 2023. I have no idea what that looks like this year to be fair.

Is this a situation where Biden spends a lot and then spends slightly less and claims he lowered deficit spending?

Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach
COBRA sucks dude. It is very expensive. It's hilarious that you are touting COBRA.

Once again, the "Reagan Republican" Jeff will go to his grave with his hand out as he sucks off the tit of the government. Since you retired early and our paying cash for your home, you could surely afford to pay State Farm for health insurance for something less than 39 months.

So, cut the crap on you were a Republican, ever. You were not. My Senator John McCain outright lied to the people of Arizona promising to repeal Obamacare and replace it with the American Healthcare Act of 2017 during his 2016 election campaign. It passed the House and in the Senate, old John loudly voted No! His one vote killed a better plan Jeff. I won't say I mourned the death of John McCain - his last act was done in spite and screwed the American people.
It is not about the cost but about getting coverage. Many years ago I hit a rough patch and took an anti-depressant for a period of time. I applied for an individual policy with BCBS four years after I stopped taking the meds and I was denied because of the meds. BCBS confirmed this was the reason I was denied as I had no other health issues.

With ACA, this denial of coverage would never happen today. FYI, when I go on to ACA I will pay the premium without any subsidy so there will be no governmental assistance.

Republicans can criticize ACA but what is their plan? They don't have one.

Last edited:
Venezuelan crime down. US crime by illegal Venezuelans up. Thanks, Brandon.

You would think young women being attacked on college campuses would upset liberals. But they are more upset that these stories are shared on social media.

What do the stats say about young women being attacked by non citizens on college campuses? Are those numbers going up or down under Biden?

It is not about the cost but about getting coverage. Many years ago I hit a rough patch and took an anti-depressant for a period of time. I applied for an individual policy with BCBS four years after I stopped taking the meds and I was denied because of the meds. BCBS confirmed this was the reason I was denied as I had no other health issues.

With ACA, this denial of coverage would never happen today. FYI, when I go on to ACA I will pay the premium without any subsidy so there will be no governmental assistance.

Republicans can criticize ACA but what is their plan? They don't have one.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I do appreciate that it helped some people. It just should have been called something like the “Guaranteed Health Care Act” instead of “Affordable”. It didn’t make things more affordable, it did the opposite.

I believe they put it in place to push us towards Medicare for all. I believe increasing Medicare to help people like you is a noble cause, though I don’t want it for all.

I was hoping to see more illegal immigrant crime posts. Don't you get tired of looking for this sh!t?
I don’t like murderers. I don’t like my fellow citizens getting murdered, especially when these murders are preventable with proper border policy. This girl is more than young enough to be my daughter. What I am tired of is turds like you who think this is OK. If you’re tired of these posts then stop effing voting for your pinko politicians.

You would think young women being attacked on college campuses would upset liberals. But they are more upset that these stories are shared on social media.

What do the stats say about young women being attacked by non citizens on college campuses? Are those numbers going up or down under Biden?
Doesn't seem to bother you MAGA if they are attacked by citizens. WOW you guys are twisted.

Headlines like these?

Crime in NYC still up 47.5% since bail reform despite cops claims otherwise

This is a snap shot of the beginning of 2019 vs 2023. I have no idea what that looks like this year to be fair.

Is this a situation where Biden spends a lot and then spends slightly less and claims he lowered deficit spending?

I know this might be hard to believe, but even a higher crime rate in NYC doesn’t make it unsafe relative to other American cities. Because in 2019, the crime rate there was extraordinarily low for a dense urban area in the US (it’s also why the percentage spike is higher, a lower baseline generates a higher spike).

That doesn’t mean the bail policy is good - I think it’s actually a really stupid policy.

But I do again note that everyone wants to keep comparing to 2019. What happened in 2020 that likely spiked crime and social disorder in the US? What could it ever be?

Doesn't seem to bother you MAGA if they are attacked by citizens. WOW you guys are twisted.

It all bothers me. You are talking to the guy that has repeatedly talked about how we should have more police dogs in this country. So yes, I have opinions on how we could better police citizens and non citizens alike.

These crimes being committed by non citizens are all mostly avoidable, which is why they bother people. Impossible to stop every assault that happens in every American home. Not impossible to keep criminals out of this country.

Why is it that the sharing of stories, and not the stories themselves, bother you? Using your own words, it doesn’t seem to bother you that young women are being attacked on American campuses. I guess that makes you twisted too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT