ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Definite rumors out there that Trump might select Rubio as VP. I will never vote for Trump for the reasons I've repeatedly stated - I cannot support a megalomaniacal con artist who tried to steal the last election and fomented a riot regarding the same to make himself feel better about losing - but I think a Rubio VP selection would be the first good thing Trump has done for the GOP since nominating ACB. So I'd still bet against it happening. Instead, he will probably select world class suck up and teacher's pet Elise Stefanik, who combines a Rockefeller Republican voting record with shameless Trump promotion, a perfectly noxious combination.

But if Trump wants to unite every Republican he can find plus make the case to fence-sitting Hispanics, Little Marco is the choice. Also he's great on his feet.

Trump is better on Israel than Biden 100%. I don't think many Americans agree with the position that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza (Israel is not in fact committing genocide, and even the UN has not take that position tho some of the shittier members of that body certainly would take it). This absurdity is more of a college campus/idiot progressive type thing.
Agreed

Reactions: BigWill
I didn't celebrate Russian civilians dying. I didn't celebrate Iranian civilians recently killed by ISIS either. I will certainly celebrate Russian soldiers carrying out an unprovoked invasion of Ukraine dying, because they are active combatants in an awful undertaking designed to subjugate a neighboring country. Concert goers in Moscow aren't that.
👍🏽

Mr. Allen is comparing two completely different situations: squatters in NY vs. breaking in a house in Florida. If you have squatters in Florida, you have to go through the court system just like in NY. You cannot just change the locks and kick them out. The big difference is that the laws in Florida are much more favorable to the landlord. Adverse possession is very difficult to obtain in Florida, for a start squatter has to live in the house for 7 years and pay all the property taxes and have an imperfect title to have a chance.
About that, why do squatters have rights at all?

You can't just walk in and shoot them. They have to be evicted by a court and removed by the Sheriff. In Florida, if the Sheriff is called out and if it is not refuted that they are trespassing, will put them out. Otherwise you need to start a case and get a Writ of Possession. Could be as quick as a week.

The English common law. And weirdly the free market.

It used to be common that people who owned something didn’t put it to productive use especially in agriculture. So squatters would come in and actually, you know, grow crops on the land and shit. If you did this long enough, the property would legally become yours. Still exists but very uncommon.

In the housing situation it’s harder to justify but it’s an extension of the above.

It’s amazing that crime numbers are going down. It’s almost like we don’t report and charge people like we used to. Kids are resilient, right?
A friend had a Wife that was a heavy drinker and smoker.

She has 2 children that turned out to be FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome) babies as they grew up !

My goodness these libs/dems are mind-fvcked

Article from a total R rag so the content is obviously 100% false. I mean, come on- illegals aren’t getting free shit from anyone- especially governments. Why post articles that are total lies?

More nutty SCOTUS comments. The left wants Biden to add 4 justices, if elected. This twit didn’t come up with that idea. I didn’t care for Roe v Wade getting overturned, but it’s easy to understand the reason why they did. SCOTUS is broken? GMAB.

Reactions: SouthernmostIllini
Francis Scott Key bridge down in Baltimore. Thankfully it appears to have happened at around 1:40 AM with minimal traffic. Due to a strike from a ship that may have lost power.

Article from a total R rag so the content is obviously 100% false. I mean, come on- illegals aren’t getting free shit from anyone- especially governments. Why post articles that are total lies?
I don’t want to be a debbie downer, because I do generally agree with the jib of many of these artcles. I do wonder why you post continually from the same 2-3 i-rags. Can these ideas be corroborated by others? Serious question. Not trying to be a dbag here.

I don’t want to be a debbie downer, because I do generally agree with the jib of many of these artcles. I do wonder why you post continually from the same 2-3 i-rags. Can these ideas be corroborated by others? Serious question. Not trying to be a dbag here.
I peruse a newsfeed app and these publications frequently have articles posted. I don’t see this information from other, more mainstream sources, so I find them intriguing. With quotes and topics that are provable, I’m not sure why the source matters….

Reactions: Uncoach
So Democrats pushed an affordable option, even though nothing about it was more affordable, and Republicans are the problem for not fixing it?

The Dems are so much better at politics. The things they get people to believe.
If you’re a Dim you try to convince voters it’s affordable because the user is paying less not because the cost is actually lower.

This ain't Kansas !

Crime is NOT down, just reporting it to be manipulated by the FBI for political purposes !

Yesterday afternoon an NYPD Officer was Killed in the line of duty on a traffic stop !

Two career criminals with 35 + convictions between, including murder and illegal gun possessions ! Out on bail !

Yet ANOTHER subway rider pushed in front of oncoming train, killed ! Despite NYSP and NY National Guard in the subways along with NYPD.

This ain't Kansas !

Crime is NOT down, just reporting it to be manipulated by the FBI for political purposes !

Yesterday afternoon an NYPD Officer was Killed in the line of duty on a traffic stop !

Two career criminals with 35 + convictions between, including murder and illegal gun possessions ! Out on bail !

Yet ANOTHER subway rider pushed in front of oncoming train, killed ! Despite NYSP and NY National Guard in the subways along with NYPD.

Literally I have no idea how the FBI hid the bodies to generate a 13% drop in homicides - the only crime where it seems virtually impossible to juke the stats. But carry on - your anecdotal evidence is always better than actual data, right?

One of the most amazing things about the discussion of crime is that so many of the problematic social indicators (higher crime, lower life expectancy, worse drug abuse, higher domestic violence, worse educational performance among students, and even less happiness generally) are so obviously a direct result of the failed Covid policies first imposed under the Trump Admin and then continued under Biden. These clearly disrupted normal life in a way that was pretty much bad across the board for the median person. And I haven't even gotten to the economic impacts.

On a positive note - and there is that - the further we get from the Covid idiocy, the more these problems will ameliorate naturally, without the government doing a GD thing.

My favorite part of this article is how everyone who is actually informed on the issue - and btw the Christian Science Monitor is if anything a right leaning publication - directly blames the Covid situation for the significant crime spikes. They also openly discuss how public perception lags what's happening on the ground.

"The homicide rate in the United States last year dropped more in a single year than it ever has in recorded history.

By quite a bit, too. There were about 13% fewer homicides in the U.S. in 2023 compared with 2022, according to early estimates of crime data. The previous record was a 9% drop in 1996. That means 2,000 fewer people were killed last year, compared with the year before.

“What’s more, every type of [serious crime] with the exception of auto theft is likely down a considerable amount this year [2023] relative to last year [2022],” writes Jeff Asher, co-founder of AH Datalytics, which tracks crime data in 180 cities.

There are some important contexts, however. Last year’s record decline in the homicide rate brings to an end the spikes that occurred during the pandemic years. The homicide rate in 2023 was still slightly more than it was in 2019. But it also was still roughly half of what it was in the early 1990s.

The perception among most Americans, however, is that violent crime remains rampant across the U.S.

According to a Gallup poll in November, about 77% of respondents say they believe there was more crime in 2023 than in 2020, yet the numbers don’t show that. In addition, nearly 2 out of 3 Americans say crime in the U.S. is either extremely or very serious – one of the most pessimistic outlooks Gallup has measured.

But U.S. cities are reporting remarkable drops in killings. Detroit reports its fewest number of homicides since 1966. Baltimore, with one of the highest homicide rates in the nation, saw its number fall 23% last year. New Orleans witnessed a 27% drop, Atlanta and Milwaukee both saw a 22% drop, and Houston had a 21% drop. New York saw 12% fewer homicides; Los Angeles, 15%; and Chicago, 13%.

“The encouraging drop in violent crime shows that the COVID effect is beginning to wear off,” says Richard Aborn, president of the Citizens Crime Commission of New York City. “While very encouraging, we also have to be mindful that crime rates are still above their pre-pandemic levels, and so we need to continue to push for fair and effective public safety strategies. Like with good economic data, the public likely won’t feel safer for some time as improvements in the perception of public safety always lags behind the reality of public safety.”

My favorite part of this article is how everyone who is actually informed on the issue - and btw the Christian Science Monitor is if anything a right leaning publication - directly blames the Covid situation for the significant crime spikes. They also openly discuss how public perception lags what's happening on the ground.

"The homicide rate in the United States last year dropped more in a single year than it ever has in recorded history.

By quite a bit, too. There were about 13% fewer homicides in the U.S. in 2023 compared with 2022, according to early estimates of crime data. The previous record was a 9% drop in 1996. That means 2,000 fewer people were killed last year, compared with the year before.

“What’s more, every type of [serious crime] with the exception of auto theft is likely down a considerable amount this year [2023] relative to last year [2022],” writes Jeff Asher, co-founder of AH Datalytics, which tracks crime data in 180 cities.

There are some important contexts, however. Last year’s record decline in the homicide rate brings to an end the spikes that occurred during the pandemic years. The homicide rate in 2023 was still slightly more than it was in 2019. But it also was still roughly half of what it was in the early 1990s.

The perception among most Americans, however, is that violent crime remains rampant across the U.S.

According to a Gallup poll in November, about 77% of respondents say they believe there was more crime in 2023 than in 2020, yet the numbers don’t show that. In addition, nearly 2 out of 3 Americans say crime in the U.S. is either extremely or very serious – one of the most pessimistic outlooks Gallup has measured.

But U.S. cities are reporting remarkable drops in killings. Detroit reports its fewest number of homicides since 1966. Baltimore, with one of the highest homicide rates in the nation, saw its number fall 23% last year. New Orleans witnessed a 27% drop, Atlanta and Milwaukee both saw a 22% drop, and Houston had a 21% drop. New York saw 12% fewer homicides; Los Angeles, 15%; and Chicago, 13%.

“The encouraging drop in violent crime shows that the COVID effect is beginning to wear off,” says Richard Aborn, president of the Citizens Crime Commission of New York City. “While very encouraging, we also have to be mindful that crime rates are still above their pre-pandemic levels, and so we need to continue to push for fair and effective public safety strategies. Like with good economic data, the public likely won’t feel safer for some time as improvements in the perception of public safety always lags behind the reality of public safety.”
This sounds like an Harvard Presidents Doctoral Paper, IE; not properly footnoted for sourced material.

Literally I have no idea how the FBI hid the bodies to generate a 13% drop in homicides - the only crime where it seems virtually impossible to juke the stats. But carry on - your anecdotal evidence is always better than actual data, right?

One of the most amazing things about the discussion of crime is that so many of the problematic social indicators (higher crime, lower life expectancy, worse drug abuse, higher domestic violence, worse educational performance among students, and even less happiness generally) are so obviously a direct result of the failed Covid policies first imposed under the Trump Admin and then continued under Biden. These clearly disrupted normal life in a way that was pretty much bad across the board for the median person. And I haven't even gotten to the economic impacts.

On a positive note - and there is that - the further we get from the Covid idiocy, the more these problems will ameliorate naturally, without the government doing a GD thing.

Real life is always factual, not AI copying.

Real life is always factual, not AI copying.

Look, dude, you repeatedly proving you don't have any handle on statistics is fine by me. And posting something about the NY subways (only 322M Americans live outside NYC) or a crime in Buffalo doesn't change that.

Crime is pretty obviously going down. What's even more amusing, crime is pretty obviously GOING DOWN IN NYC. You know who says that - the NYPD. Where are they hiding the bodies?

This sounds like an Harvard Presidents Doctoral Paper, IE; not properly footnoted for sourced material.

Yes, all of the PDs across the country are lying, and the murder rate isn't down 13%, it's actually up. Everyone is lying. Literally everyone. The NYPD which has homicides in NYC down 12%. The FBI - lying nationally. Everyone.

At some point you should maybe bother to actually look into this if you want to discuss it. I mean, I will happily stipulate that the NY subway is more dangerous than it was 5 years ago (maybe even 1-2 years ago, though that's a harder conversation).

Here's something for your TDS; A Statistic !

DJT gets listed today in the Bloomberg list of the 500 wealthiest people in the World.

For the first time !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT