ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

He’s a normie Republican, always was.

I do wonder which party will decide appealing to normal voters is important first, many elections to be won.

Btw, it should shock no one that former Special Ops guys love a muscular American. They almost invariably joined hoping for that.
Never said he wasn’t. He’s voted yes on at least one bill “lately” that makes me think twice.

Reactions: dtrain79

https://education.illinois.edu/about/news-events/news/article/2021/03/09/'whiteness'-undermines-efforts-to-address-systemic-racism-in-public-education

All a bunch of nonsense that’s being taught everywhere, including at schools and universities near you. Well not near you, you’re in the great state of Florida.

Reactions: Uncoach and bung23

It’s amazing that crime numbers are going down. It’s almost like we don’t report and charge people like we used to. Kids are resilient, right?

It remains astonishing watching people who clearly don’t understand how crime stats are tracked (it’s sure not drug arrests) keep posting about victimless crime that does not have almost any impact on a sense of public disorder.

Let’s add to this. Even if you think the police are lying about the stats, they can’t hide murders. 2023 the biggest murder rate drop in the 50 years of tracking. Why? The Covid spike is done (that also drove the other spikes).

It remains astonishing watching people who clearly don’t understand how crime stats are tracked (it’s sure not drug arrests) keep posting about victimless crime that does not have almost any impact on a sense of public disorder.

Let’s add to this. Even if you think the police are lying about the stats, they can’t hide murders. 2023 the biggest murder rate drop in the 50 years of tracking. Why? The Covid spike is done (that also drove the other spikes).

Yes, murder is down. That’s not the only type of crime that impacts people.

Other stats are down because we charge crime differently than we used to. Of course misdemeanors are down. Some crimes that used to be charged as misdemeanors are not charged at all anymore. Felonies are also down because some felonies are now considered misdemeanors.

Yes, murder is down. That’s not the only type of crime that impacts people.

Other stats are down because we charge crime differently than we used to. Of course misdemeanors are down. Some crimes that used to be charged as misdemeanors are not charged at all anymore. Felonies are also down because some felonies are now considered misdemeanors.

The FBI tracks the stats nationally. The big categories are murders, robberies, rapes, assaults, and certain property crimes (auto thefts a big one). The only place this could matter is assaults.

Crime is very localized. You clearly feel a sense of disorder in the Denver area (historically much lower crime than most big cities). But the national numbers are receding, as they were so obviously Covid chaos driven.

So MTG files motion to get rid of Speaker Johnson. Republicans of the MTG/Gaetz category are helping the party implode during an election year. Dem bulbs.

Mr. Allen is comparing two completely different situations: squatters in NY vs. breaking in a house in Florida. If you have squatters in Florida, you have to go through the court system just like in NY. You cannot just change the locks and kick them out. The big difference is that the laws in Florida are much more favorable to the landlord. Adverse possession is very difficult to obtain in Florida, for a start squatter has to live in the house for 7 years and pay all the property taxes and have an imperfect title to have a chance.

• Haha
Reactions: ILisBest and bung23
You libs should stop polluting free states
Mr. Allen's tweet was for emotional nitwits. The facts are as follows:

In both New York and Florida, you are allowed to use deadly force if an intruder breaks into your home if you are at home.

Both New York and Florida have a legal process to remove squatters. In Florida, the process is much more sensible.

Comparing apples to oranges to get a reaction only works when appealing to morons.

Reactions: dtrain79
Mr. Allen's tweet was for emotional nitwits. The facts are as follows:

In both New York and Florida, you are allowed to use deadly force if an intruder breaks into your home if you are at home.

Both New York and Florida have a legal process to remove squatters. In Florida, the process is much more sensible.

Comparing apples to oranges to get a reaction only works when appealing to morons.
Losing your property to squatters is the latest "fear factor" to take over RW media on line and TV. Next it will be Illegal Immigrant Squatters taking over your home when you and family go on a vacation.

Losing your property to squatters is the latest "fear factor" to take over RW media on line and TV. Next it will be Illegal Immigrant Squatters taking over your home when you and family go on a vacation.
It is a real problem in NYC, it can take up to 2 years to remove a squatter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncoach
Way to personalize my take. It's very much a minority opinion to believe that Israel is committing a genocide in Gaza. There is a fringe leftist worldview that is very supportive of this take tho.
It's really not a minority opinion that Israel is committing genocide in Israel. In fact, it is a massive majority opinion as evidenced by the UN vote in which the US voted to "abstain" while the other 14 voted "Yes".

Reactions: ILisBest
It's really not a minority opinion that Israel is committing genocide in Israel. In fact, it is a massive majority opinion as evidenced by the UN vote in which the US voted to "abstain" while the other 14 voted "Yes".

Huh? I'm talking about Americans. Not the residents of Chad or other countries I thought you didn't care about.

Also, they voted for a resolution "demanding a ceasefire." I find nothing suggesting that the claim you have made - the UN vote had anything to do with genocide - to be true.

Again, let's try to get the facts accurate.

Huh? I'm talking about Americans. Not the residents of Chad or other countries I thought you didn't care about.

Also, they voted for a resolution "demanding a ceasefire." I find nothing suggesting that the claim you have made - the UN vote had anything to do with genocide - to be true.

Again, let's try to get the facts accurate.

No, it is you who don't care about the residents of Mali as evidenced by your want of war in Ukraine while allowing Mali to be overrun by ISIS types.

In the US it is something like 70/30 for Israel which is shockingly low.

Did you celebrate the 130 dead Russians? After all, you have stated in the past that you love the fact that so many Russians have been killed in Ukraine.

The important votes in the UN were France and UK voting to stop Israel from protecting itself. The lack of US support was appalling. It is surprising that a true conservative like you will be voting for Biden who "abstained" in contrast to Trump who would have voted "No", just like Reagan. But, it is me who is compromising his values. SMH.

No, it is you who don't care about the residents of Mali as evidenced by your want of war in Ukraine while allowing Mali to be overrun by ISIS types.

In the US it is something like 70/30 for Israel which is shockingly low.

Did you celebrate the 130 dead Russians? After all, you have stated in the past that you love the fact that so many Russians have been killed in Ukraine.

The important votes in the UN were France and UK voting to stop Israel from protecting itself. The lack of US support was appalling. It is surprising that a true conservative like you will be voting for Biden who "abstained" in contrast to Trump who would have voted "No", just like Reagan. But, it is me who is compromising his values. SMH.

Ok, glad we agree on Israel and we further agree that Trump is better on Israel than Biden 100%. I don't think many Americans agree with the position that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza (Israel is not in fact committing genocide, and even the UN has not take that position tho some of the shittier members of that body certainly would take it). This absurdity is more of a college campus/idiot progressive type thing.

The rest of this post is replete with non-sequiturs, false allegations, and drivel. The GOP should have nominated someone better than Trump, I suppose, you'd be less upset with me.

Finally, I didn't celebrate Russian civilians dying. I didn't celebrate Iranian civilians recently killed by ISIS either. I will certainly celebrate Russian soldiers carrying out an unprovoked invasion of Ukraine dying, because they are active combatants in an awful undertaking designed to subjugate a neighboring country. Concert goers in Moscow aren't that. Apparently you are unable to appreciate such distinctions these days, because the world is just "supports Trump" or "doesn't support Trump."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT