ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

WEBMD NEWS BRIEF

Over 99% Hospitalized 2021 COVID Patients Unvaccinated​

By Carolyn Crist

hand with iv

Print
May 13, 2021 -- A new study found that more than 99% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 during the first four months of 2021 weren’t fully vaccinated.
The Cleveland Clinic, which released the data on Tuesday, also found that the mRNA vaccines created by Pfizer and Moderna were more than 96% effective in protecting against COVID-19 infection.
The study “shows that those that are vaccinated are far, far less likely to get the disease than those who aren’t,” Donald Dumford, MD, medical director of infection control for Cleveland Clinic Akron General, told the Akron Beacon Journal.

An article from May 11th? Was Delta even a common variant then? C’mon.

Still need to see age data but the CDC is saying the Delta variant is not making kids sicker. Anecdotally, my grandson‘s 2nd grade class started out with 23 kids. It’s now down to 13 already

Are 13 kids actually sick, or just testing positive?

Reactions: bung23
Are 13 kids actually sick, or just testing positive?

No idea. For all I know they could just be quarantined due to contact. My oldest is about ready to pull him and his sister out of school. (she’s been on the ledge about COVID since day 1)

No idea. For all I know they could just be quarantined due to contact

Ya, kids are being quarantined. Kids are also being tested when they have a sniffle or cough, which is normal when going back to school. I doubt any of those 13 kids are sick for more than a couple days.

That doesn’t really tell us much. Need an age breakdown

He didn’t say anything about age. He just said only 1% of those hospitalized are vaccinated. I haven’t seen that stat anywhere recently.

WEBMD NEWS BRIEF

By Carolyn Crist

hand with iv

Print
May 13, 2021 -- A new study found that more than 99% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 during the first four months of 2021 weren’t fully vaccinated.
The Cleveland Clinic, which released the data on Tuesday, also found that the mRNA vaccines created by Pfizer and Moderna were more than 96% effective in protecting against COVID-19 infection.
The study “shows that those that are vaccinated are far, far less likely to get the disease than those who aren’t,” Donald Dumford, MD, medical director of infection control for Cleveland Clinic Akron General, told the Akron Beacon Journal.
This article isn't remotely accurate per 4 different people I know working in covid hospital wards although I will concede the general consensus is around 75%.

99%? Lol. Okay.

Reactions: bung23 and tjfleck6
This article isn't remotely accurate per 4 different people I know working in covid hospital wards although I will concede the general consensus is around 75%.

99%? Lol. Okay.

He’s trying to win the battle for least genuine poster on the board. Who uses 4 month old stats with COVID?

Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest
No idea. For all I know they could just be quarantined due to contact. My oldest is about ready to pull him and his sister out of school. (she’s been on the ledge about COVID since day 1)
6 kids currently have it in my district. 99 others are quarantined. It’s insanity.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: bung23 and rillaman
He’s trying to win the battle for least genuine poster on the board. Who uses 4 month old stats with COVID?

Vast majority of ICU patients with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, ABC News survey finds​

Hospitals report few fully vaccinated people are sick with COVID-19 in the ICU.
ByDr. Mark Abdelmalek,Arielle Mitropoulos, andErica Baumgart
July 29, 2021, 1:13 PM

Breakthrough COVID-19 infections explained
The risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19 after receiving a vaccine is low, according to experts.
With the country in the midst of a new nationwide resurgence of coronavirus infections and hospitalizations, misinformation about the effectiveness of the vaccines has been proliferating on social media, with increased attention falling on the rare number of vaccinated people ending up in the intensive care unit (ICU). However, according to dozens of hospitals across the nation surveyed by ABC News, very few fully vaccinated people are actually ending up severely ill and in the ICU with COVID-19.

And experts say that those that do, tend to be frail or have conditions that interfere with the vaccine's effectiveness at producing protection.

ABC News contacted 50 hospitals in 17 states, and asked them to share data on their ICU wards' current COVID-19 patients, including their vaccination status. In the surveyed hospitals, ABC News found that the overwhelming majority of COVID-19 patients currently being treated in ICUs were unvaccinated.

Of the 271 total COVID patients in the surveyed ICUs, 255 patients, or approximately 94%, were unvaccinated against COVID-19 in ABC News' snapshot in time.

Further, of the 16 vaccinated individuals receiving care in the ICU, almost all suffered from comorbidities and other health problems, such as cancer or weakened immune systems. ABC News only heard of one otherwise healthy and fully vaccinated individual, with no reported underlying conditions, who was in the ICU.

According to the CDC, "vaccine breakthrough cases are expected," and, as a result, "there will be a small percentage of fully vaccinated people who still get sick, are hospitalized, or die from COVID-19." But data about ICU patients' vaccination status is not regularly reported or readily available on the federal or state level.

"The current surge of COVID-19 is driven by those who have elected not to be immunized. We will continue to see the lopsided impact of COVID among the unvaccinated, as they represent the vast majority of severe illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths," said ABC News contributor Dr. John Brownstein, chief innovation officer at Boston Children's Hospital.

The hospital sampling also appears to be reflective of a national trend. According to the White House COVID-19 Task Force, severe breakthrough infections remain uncommon, and nearly all of the patients who are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 -- 97% -- are unvaccinated.

Dr. Lew Kaplan, past president of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and professor of surgery at the University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine, said that the ABC News survey data "provides crystal clear guidance regarding the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant -- that vaccines work."

A patient is brought on a gurney to the emergency department at AdventHealth hospital in Orlan...Read More
Furthermore, said Kaplan, the very fact that "the overwhelming majority of hospitalized critically ill patients with this viral variant are unvaccinated, should drive our nation to relentlessly pursue vaccination of every eligible individual."

"It is our duty and our privilege to save lives," Kaplan said. "The COVID-19 vaccine is staggeringly effective in helping us keep people at home and alive."

Front-line workers support the numbers

ABC News' findings are also supported by local data. In Springfield, Missouri, county health officials reported this week that since vaccines became available, 96.5% of those who have died of COVID in the community were not fully vaccinated.

Mercy Hospital nurse Emily McMichael said the county's findings are supported by what she's been seeing.

"These patients are a lot sicker and a lot younger than what we saw the last go around, so it's just really sad to see," McMichael said. "And a lot of the population is unvaccinated."

In Alabama, which has the lowest vaccination rate in the country, 94% of current COVID-19 hospitalized patients are unvaccinated according to state statistics -- and hospital admissions are six times higher than they were just a month ago, as health care workers report an influx of COVID-positive patients in need of care.

The University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital has seen "an explosion of cases," with the number increasing tenfold in the last three weeks, according to Dr. Kierstin Kennedy, chief of hospital medicine.

The patients who are currently hospitalized, Kennedy said, are younger than those who were hospitalized during the last surge -- but unfortunately, they are just as sick. The vast majority of those patients are unvaccinated, she said.

Similarly, in Florida, state statistics show virus-related hospitalizations are nearly at their highest point since the onset of the pandemic, with more than 1,200 COVID-19 patients being admitted to the hospital every day.

"This is heartbreaking because all this could have been avoided; this is unnecessary human suffering that we are witnessing right now," said Dr. Seetha Lakshmi, medical director of the Global Emerging Diseases Institute at Tampa General Hospital, where she said "almost all" patients are currently unvaccinated.

Steve Wood/University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital
Dr. Kierstin Kennedy, chief of hospital medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hos...Read More
Another Florida physician said he believes low vaccination rates are one of the driving factors behind the state's significant increase in COVID-19 patients.

"The vaccine is really protective in terms of being hospitalized or in terms of dying, and the people we're seeing that are sick, ending up on ventilators and ending up hospitalized, are unvaccinated patients," Dr. David Wein, emergency room physician at Tampa General, told ABC News.

Few severe hospitalizations for fully vaccinated individuals

Just a month ago, 37-year-old Amanda Spencer, an unvaccinated mother of two from Ohio, became infected with the virus while on a family vacation in Florida. She spent 16 days in a Florida hospital, 11 of them in a medically induced coma.

"I never dreamed that I would go through what I did, and that I would be that close to leaving my family," Spencer told ABC News.

Spencer said that prior to her illness, she had not necessarily been against getting the vaccine, but had found it difficult to make time to get the shot -- and to some extent had been afraid of the side effects.

However, her illness has shifted her perspective.

"Having gone through what I've gone through, I would have much rather gotten the vaccine, and maybe had a couple of side effects," said Spencer, adding she now plans to get the vaccine as soon as she is able. "Everybody has a right to decide what's best for them, but my advice is that if you have an underlying condition, whether it be asthma or any type of respiratory issue, I would definitely consider getting the vaccine."

Amanda Spencer, 37, an unvaccinated mother of two from Ohio pictured in this handout photo...Read More
Although patients with underlying conditions are typically at higher risk, Dr. Kennedy said that from what she has seen, "the patients that have comorbidities and are vaccinated are not getting sick enough to require intubation."

And several hospitals contacted by ABC News reported that often, vaccinated COVID-19 patients in the ICU are being hospitalized for reasons other than COVID-19.

"You may see COVID-vaccinated patients in the ICU, but many of them are not in the ICU for severe COVID," Dr. Jennifer Leonard, an ICU physician at Missouri's Barnes Jewish Hospital, told ABC News. "They have mild or asymptomatic COVID and they require an ICU bed for another disease or indication."

Overall, Kaplan said the ABC News survey data demonstrates that "even if you are vaccinated you can still become ill, but it is so much less common that the benefit of being vaccinated is vast. It is incredibly protective and it protects you, the people you love, and the people with whom you work."

Although the vaccine may not prevent 100% of illness, it lessens the impact for most, Kaplan said.

"Fully vaccinated individuals are less likely to become severely ill because they've prepared their immune system," he said.

Kennedy said that she combats vaccine hesitation by explaining to patients that, at this point, there are millions of people around the world who have received the vaccines, with minimal side effects. The long-term side effect of vaccination, she tells her patients, is that they are not dying from COVID-19.

And what about the commonly stated concern of people who are waiting to get the vaccine because they don't want to be guinea pigs?

Kennedy said she tells her patients that "if you don't want to be a guinea pig, then don't get COVID."

ABC News' Sony Salzman, Eric Strauss, Dr. Alexis E. Carrington, Dr. Chidimma J. Acholonu, Dr. Odelia Lewis, Dr. Priscilla Hanudel, and Dr. Jay Bhatt contributed to this report.

ABC News

Because the morons have caused a renewed pandemic that is now hitting kids that can not be vaccinated, causing strains on medical, costing us money and affecting businesses. DOH!

Well, if the vaccine actually worked you might have a case. However, the vaccine does nothing to prevent infection of the vaccinated. They in fact can get COVID just as easily as anyone else and then transmit it to everyone else.

The morons will be the people like Oscar De La Hoya who is hospitalized with Covid despite his full vaxxed status! Remarkable how it knocked him on his ass. Now go get booster 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 and tell me how the vaccine works so well that you will need 3 boosters every year.

WEBMD NEWS BRIEF

By Carolyn Crist

hand with iv

Print

4 months old. The effectiveness of the vaccines declines rapidly. The same study showed that people who had COVID and no vax didn’t get it again. But to you they are the morons. Keep shooting up the boosters Stone! I own Pfizer stock and you are doing me a solid.

Vast majority of ICU patients with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, ABC News survey finds​

Hospitals report few fully vaccinated people are sick with COVID-19 in the ICU.
ByDr. Mark Abdelmalek,Arielle Mitropoulos, andErica Baumgart
July 29, 2021, 1:13 PM

Breakthrough COVID-19 infections explained
The risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19 after receiving a vaccine is low, according to experts.
With the country in the midst of a new nationwide resurgence of coronavirus infections and hospitalizations, misinformation about the effectiveness of the vaccines has been proliferating on social media, with increased attention falling on the rare number of vaccinated people ending up in the intensive care unit (ICU). However, according to dozens of hospitals across the nation surveyed by ABC News, very few fully vaccinated people are actually ending up severely ill and in the ICU with COVID-19.

And experts say that those that do, tend to be frail or have conditions that interfere with the vaccine's effectiveness at producing protection.

ABC News contacted 50 hospitals in 17 states, and asked them to share data on their ICU wards' current COVID-19 patients, including their vaccination status. In the surveyed hospitals, ABC News found that the overwhelming majority of COVID-19 patients currently being treated in ICUs were unvaccinated.

Of the 271 total COVID patients in the surveyed ICUs, 255 patients, or approximately 94%, were unvaccinated against COVID-19 in ABC News' snapshot in time.

Further, of the 16 vaccinated individuals receiving care in the ICU, almost all suffered from comorbidities and other health problems, such as cancer or weakened immune systems. ABC News only heard of one otherwise healthy and fully vaccinated individual, with no reported underlying conditions, who was in the ICU.

According to the CDC, "vaccine breakthrough cases are expected," and, as a result, "there will be a small percentage of fully vaccinated people who still get sick, are hospitalized, or die from COVID-19." But data about ICU patients' vaccination status is not regularly reported or readily available on the federal or state level.

"The current surge of COVID-19 is driven by those who have elected not to be immunized. We will continue to see the lopsided impact of COVID among the unvaccinated, as they represent the vast majority of severe illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths," said ABC News contributor Dr. John Brownstein, chief innovation officer at Boston Children's Hospital.

The hospital sampling also appears to be reflective of a national trend. According to the White House COVID-19 Task Force, severe breakthrough infections remain uncommon, and nearly all of the patients who are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 -- 97% -- are unvaccinated.

Dr. Lew Kaplan, past president of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and professor of surgery at the University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine, said that the ABC News survey data "provides crystal clear guidance regarding the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant -- that vaccines work."

A patient is brought on a gurney to the emergency department at AdventHealth hospital in Orlan...Read More
Furthermore, said Kaplan, the very fact that "the overwhelming majority of hospitalized critically ill patients with this viral variant are unvaccinated, should drive our nation to relentlessly pursue vaccination of every eligible individual."

"It is our duty and our privilege to save lives," Kaplan said. "The COVID-19 vaccine is staggeringly effective in helping us keep people at home and alive."

Front-line workers support the numbers

ABC News' findings are also supported by local data. In Springfield, Missouri, county health officials reported this week that since vaccines became available, 96.5% of those who have died of COVID in the community were not fully vaccinated.

Mercy Hospital nurse Emily McMichael said the county's findings are supported by what she's been seeing.

"These patients are a lot sicker and a lot younger than what we saw the last go around, so it's just really sad to see," McMichael said. "And a lot of the population is unvaccinated."

In Alabama, which has the lowest vaccination rate in the country, 94% of current COVID-19 hospitalized patients are unvaccinated according to state statistics -- and hospital admissions are six times higher than they were just a month ago, as health care workers report an influx of COVID-positive patients in need of care.

The University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital has seen "an explosion of cases," with the number increasing tenfold in the last three weeks, according to Dr. Kierstin Kennedy, chief of hospital medicine.

The patients who are currently hospitalized, Kennedy said, are younger than those who were hospitalized during the last surge -- but unfortunately, they are just as sick. The vast majority of those patients are unvaccinated, she said.

Similarly, in Florida, state statistics show virus-related hospitalizations are nearly at their highest point since the onset of the pandemic, with more than 1,200 COVID-19 patients being admitted to the hospital every day.

"This is heartbreaking because all this could have been avoided; this is unnecessary human suffering that we are witnessing right now," said Dr. Seetha Lakshmi, medical director of the Global Emerging Diseases Institute at Tampa General Hospital, where she said "almost all" patients are currently unvaccinated.

Steve Wood/University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital
Dr. Kierstin Kennedy, chief of hospital medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hos...Read More
Another Florida physician said he believes low vaccination rates are one of the driving factors behind the state's significant increase in COVID-19 patients.

"The vaccine is really protective in terms of being hospitalized or in terms of dying, and the people we're seeing that are sick, ending up on ventilators and ending up hospitalized, are unvaccinated patients," Dr. David Wein, emergency room physician at Tampa General, told ABC News.

Few severe hospitalizations for fully vaccinated individuals

Just a month ago, 37-year-old Amanda Spencer, an unvaccinated mother of two from Ohio, became infected with the virus while on a family vacation in Florida. She spent 16 days in a Florida hospital, 11 of them in a medically induced coma.

"I never dreamed that I would go through what I did, and that I would be that close to leaving my family," Spencer told ABC News.

Spencer said that prior to her illness, she had not necessarily been against getting the vaccine, but had found it difficult to make time to get the shot -- and to some extent had been afraid of the side effects.

However, her illness has shifted her perspective.

"Having gone through what I've gone through, I would have much rather gotten the vaccine, and maybe had a couple of side effects," said Spencer, adding she now plans to get the vaccine as soon as she is able. "Everybody has a right to decide what's best for them, but my advice is that if you have an underlying condition, whether it be asthma or any type of respiratory issue, I would definitely consider getting the vaccine."

Amanda Spencer, 37, an unvaccinated mother of two from Ohio pictured in this handout photo...Read More
Although patients with underlying conditions are typically at higher risk, Dr. Kennedy said that from what she has seen, "the patients that have comorbidities and are vaccinated are not getting sick enough to require intubation."

And several hospitals contacted by ABC News reported that often, vaccinated COVID-19 patients in the ICU are being hospitalized for reasons other than COVID-19.

"You may see COVID-vaccinated patients in the ICU, but many of them are not in the ICU for severe COVID," Dr. Jennifer Leonard, an ICU physician at Missouri's Barnes Jewish Hospital, told ABC News. "They have mild or asymptomatic COVID and they require an ICU bed for another disease or indication."

Overall, Kaplan said the ABC News survey data demonstrates that "even if you are vaccinated you can still become ill, but it is so much less common that the benefit of being vaccinated is vast. It is incredibly protective and it protects you, the people you love, and the people with whom you work."

Although the vaccine may not prevent 100% of illness, it lessens the impact for most, Kaplan said.

"Fully vaccinated individuals are less likely to become severely ill because they've prepared their immune system," he said.

Kennedy said that she combats vaccine hesitation by explaining to patients that, at this point, there are millions of people around the world who have received the vaccines, with minimal side effects. The long-term side effect of vaccination, she tells her patients, is that they are not dying from COVID-19.

And what about the commonly stated concern of people who are waiting to get the vaccine because they don't want to be guinea pigs?

Kennedy said she tells her patients that "if you don't want to be a guinea pig, then don't get COVID."

ABC News' Sony Salzman, Eric Strauss, Dr. Alexis E. Carrington, Dr. Chidimma J. Acholonu, Dr. Odelia Lewis, Dr. Priscilla Hanudel, and Dr. Jay Bhatt contributed to this report.

ABC News

Thank you for taking the time to post a bunch of stuff that doesn’t support the statistic you originally posted.

Last edited:
Well, if the vaccine actually worked you might have a case. However, the vaccine does nothing to prevent infection of the vaccinated. They in fact can get COVID just as easily as anyone else and then transmit it to everyone else.
Please tell me you were drinking way too much today and don't mean one word of this stupidity!

Then you didn't read or can't understand the information posted.

6% doesn’t = 1%. 3% doesn’t = 1%.

I know they mentioned the comorbidities among the vaccinated, but they never mention it among those that aren’t vaccinated. Why is that? Guarantee most of them have comorbidities too.

If you are obese and/or unhealthy, this virus is going to kick your ass, and possibly kill you. If you are unhealthy/obese and unvaccinated, you’re playing with fire.

Then you didn't read or can't understand the information posted.

Here's an easy stat to read and heed !

NY State has 650,000 healthcare workers

They must be vaccinated to work.

As of last week 250,000 were NOT vaccinated !

Thank you for taking the time to post a bunch of stuff that doesn’t support the statistic you originally posted.
join the club

nd nearly all of the patients who are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 -- 97% -- are unvaccinated.

In Alabama, which has the lowest vaccination rate in the country, 94% of current COVID-19 hospitalized patients are unvaccinated according to state statistics -

medical director of the Global Emerging Diseases Institute at Tampa General Hospital, where she said "almost all" patients are currently unvaccinated.
"3%", "6%" "almost all", the other article stated "less than 1%", my estimate was pretty damn good.

"3%", "6%" "almost all", the other article stated "less than 1%", my estimate was pretty damn good.

Amazing how this went from “all doc and experts agree it is maybe 1%” to “my estimate”

The stats are convincing enough, no need to exaggerate them. Tough to take someone seriously when they exaggerate or lie about something that is easily refuted with facts. Not the first time you have done this, and I’m sure it won’t be your last.

Amazing how this went from “all doc and experts agree it is maybe 1%” to “my estimate”

The stats are convincing enough, no need to exaggerate them. Tough to take someone seriously when they exaggerate or lie about something that is easily refuted with facts. Not the first time you have done this, and I’m sure it won’t be your last.
He doesn't care dude. His only mission here is to troll perceived Trump loyalists

Please tell me you were drinking way too much today and don't mean one word of this stupidity!

Jab number 4 coming in Israel just because the vaccine works so well. I hate to break it to you StoneHead, but I very rarely drink. The last time I had a few was at the Guinness Skybar in Dublin. Now, you better get going if you are going to finish that 36 pack which soon enough will be the number of injections you have taken to slow the spread.

Same here. thestonedax is super friendly with misinformation.

Nor am I an anti-vaxxer. I just prefer thoroughly tested vaccines with long term data. Plus, having had Covid there is something called natural protection. I didn’t even need Ivermectin like Joe Rogan and certainly didn't swallow bleach like those stupid Arizona Democrats.

Last edited:
  • Haha

What you knuckle heads don' understand or can't understand is that is no ONE true answer. Different reports have different estimates. However all are closer to my 1%(including one report exactly) to the made up bull sit you toss out like it is fact, that may have one source, usually RW. Oh I forgot science deniers.😆

He doesn't care dude. His only mission here is to troll perceived Trump loyalists
Actually, my hope is to see Trump, the most ignorant, immoral, incompetent, corrupt President in history perp walked in an orange jump suit and shackles, and then troll you cult members to see where your minds are . Just heard again how his Generals, Military, security forces had to meet to discuss how to stop Trump from refusing to leave office. And you cultists still worship the wannabe dictator.

What you knuckle heads don' understand or can't understand is that is no ONE true answer. Different reports have different estimates. However all are closer to my 1%(including one report exactly) to the made up bull sit you toss out like it is fact, that may have one source, usually RW. Oh I forgot science deniers.😆

Then why did you say all? Your slip is showing, math denier.

I don’t make up numbers. Never have, never will. That’s your thing.

Perfect example of why people call out the left leaning media and “journalists/reporters” for dishonesty. This story is false, and is still up. No asterisk from Twitter.

The hospital said this story is not only false, but the doctor referenced hasn’t worked at the hospital in months.

Actually, my hope is to see Trump, the most ignorant, immoral, incompetent, corrupt President in history perp walked in an orange jump suit and shackles, and then troll you cult members to see where your minds are . Just heard again how his Generals, Military, security forces had to meet to discuss how to stop Trump from refusing to leave office. And you cultists still worship the wannabe dictator.
He served his four years and left. You lap fairytales like a kitten at a bowl of milk.

Isn't he also under Putin control?

Perfect example of why people call out the left leaning media and “journalists/reporters” for dishonesty. This story is false, and is still up. No asterisk from Twitter.

The hospital said this story is not only false, but the doctor referenced hasn’t worked at the hospital in months.
DOH! Did you read the Rolling Stone article? I guess not. It was reporting that the local news reports of ERs being unable to handle gunshot victims because of Intervectin FALSE. The false report was made by a Doctor to a local TV station. Nothing to do with liberal press. But keep looking.

• Haha
He served his four years and left. You lap fairytales like a kitten at a bowl of milk.

Isn't he also under Putin control?
Putin has no use for him now. He can no longer sell out US interests or launder Russian money.

• Haha
DOH! Did you read the Rolling Stone article? I guess not. It was reporting that the local news reports of ERs being unable to handle gunshot victims because of Intervectin FALSE. The false report was made by a Doctor to a local TV station. Nothing to do with liberal press. But keep looking.

Oh, they finally updated it. Should probably take down the headline. One phone call to the hospital would have kept the article from ever being written.

You should see how many media stations ran with the story. Even Business Insider, BBC, etc. Lazy ass reporting by many.

Oh, they finally updated it. Should probably take down the headline. One phone call to the hospital would have kept the article from ever being written.

You should see how many media stations ran with the story. Even Business Insider, BBC, etc. Lazy ass reporting by many.

It wasn't their story. It was local news.

It wasn't their story. It was local news.

Did you read the article? It quotes the doctor, and said he told BBC.

This is a problem in the media today. Everyone re-reports, and no one verifies stories. Most will not correct this story, which is entirely false. One phone call by any of these major media companies would have stopped this story from going viral.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT