ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

I am not sure he will be reelected Governor do to the Covid backlash, let alone President.
Ok. Do you think Pritzker should be re-elected? Because a greater percentage of Illinoisans have died with covid than those in Florida. And Florida probably has a much older population.

well, speak of the devil. I mean, WTF are we doing here?

Helping people that don’t want to live under tyrannical Taliban rule?

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

This fear of others that is re-growing in our country is strange.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

You posted a couple weeks ago that you are worried about a certain segment of the American population. Strange fear, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: nthomp
You posted a couple weeks ago that you are worried about a certain segment of the American population. Strange fear, huh?
I am sure he will welcome them into his home with open arms…typical liberal hypocrite….meanwhile it will be the churches and other religious groups that will actually do something to help people. BTW, most of the people in the plane that came in the first wave were single men ….

• Haha
How do these two relate? Helping poor people escape tyranny is……bad?

How does wanting to help people escape the Taliban conflict with worrying about a growing population on the right that has been radicalized and wants to do damage thinking they’re ‘patriots?’ Do you think every Afghan person is a terrorist, rill?

Great tweet. If you’re out of the loop on this one, the new rage on the right is taking ivermectin to treat Covid after some internet doctors went viral and Fox started pimping it for some reason.

well, speak of the devil. I mean, WTF are we doing here?

I have half a dozen Afghan refugees that I’ve been friends with for 10+ years. Two were in my wedding. Met them through work. (They are educated, hard ass workers and value their jobs rather than living off govt aid). All of them are now American citizens.

One of the guys extended family was among those that were evacuated through the Kabul airport. Another is still trying to get his out. His family did not have SIV, but in past 20 years has done a ton of work for US/NATO. Hasn’t worked for US in past few years so hard to get proper documentation to get out. Targets of Taliban if they stay. He has sisters, cousins, and his mother that have gotten used to a new type of life and can not go back to life under Taliban rule.

This is a complicated mess that Biden has made worse, but it’s much deeper than the partisan bullshit all over US media.

BS. That is a tactical decision. It is not like Bagram is 5 miles outside of town. Do you know where Bagram is? one hour and a half drive outside of Kabul.
I know where Bagram is. I understand the purpose of keeping Bagram unlike you. Bagram should have been the absolute last thing to go. I seem to recall you are/were an attorney. If so, you should know better than to ask questions of the witness to which you don't know the answer.

Reactions: bung23 and tjfleck6

Yes “helping”

here’s how this goes

we take the poor, unskilled, uneducated people from a foreign land and toss them into a place that is the polar opposite of anything they know culturally (Tomah WI about to be one in this case)

do we help them get educated? Skilled? Find work? No

instead we “help” them by putting them on a plane, adding them to the total brag metric of “saved” people, then watch their kids grow up in poverty in a foreign land they don’t have much of a shot at ever acclimating to

we love repeating the same mistakes over and over and over here in America

Why have his poll numbers bottomed out? His liberal pals in the media have started to turn also.
The clueless sheep still think voting for Biden was a good thing. I couldn't stand Trump's demeanor or his behavior of throwing associates under the bus when it was convenient, but, good lord, he was 1000x more effective with domestic and foreign policy. Our allies are now in a state of distrust. Our border is wide open and creating more pressure on our states' finances and personnel. Biden has done maximum damage to the US in only 7 months.

Yes “helping”

here’s how this goes

we take the poor, unskilled, uneducated people from a foreign land and toss them into a place that is the polar opposite of anything they know culturally (Tomah WI about to be one in this case)

instead we “help” them by putting them on a plane, adding them to the total brag metric of “saved” people, then watch their kids grow up in poverty in a foreign land they don’t have much of a shot at ever acclimating to

The way you talk about Afghans is how they talked about the Irish and Italians 200 years ago. America has a way of working itself out.

You don’t think Afghan people can learn or become quality community members because they’re Muslims from a foreign land? Yikes.

A good friend in college was from a middle eastern family that relocated to Texas. His dad owns a ranch. He just graduated from law school. Small minds are a bad thing to have.

Reactions: stoneaxe27

Have you vetted them? Perhaps you should go hang out in a neighborhood of undocumented workers where they live in fear of real criminals and gang members that have come through the porous border. You know...they very same people they left their homes for to come to the US. You and the policies you support lack real compassion.

Reactions: ILisBest
Ok. Do you think Pritzker should be re-elected? Because a greater percentage of Illinoisans have died with covid than those in Florida. And Florida probably has a much older population.
I haven't seen Pritzger up front. I have seen DeSantis, he has played hide and seek with the statistics, but most importantly he has tried to order the schools and businesses not to require masks, or proof of vaccinations. 1/2 of the schools and many businesses such as the cruise lines have refused. Not a good look to be openly disobeyed. Most parents do not like the no masks in school mandates and threatening the school officials trying to keep kids safe. Parents like to keep kids safe. Not a good look. When we were emerging from the pandemic because of vaccines and other measures, he took the freedom approach. The freedom approach and those refusing to vaccinate now caused the Delta surge. Not a good look, most of us that are vaccinated are pissed. Florida , due largely to De Santis' efforts is in contention for leading in Covid infections. What is there to like?

Last edited:
I know where Bagram is. I understand the purpose of keeping Bagram unlike you. Bagram should have been the absolute last thing to go. I seem to recall you are/were an attorney. If so, you should know better than to ask questions of the witness to which you don't know the answer.
It is called Rhetorical :rolleyes: .

Yes “helping”

here’s how this goes

What country did you grow up in? Doesn't sound like you know America at all.

The way you talk about Afghans is how they talked about the Irish and Italians 200 years ago. America has a way of working itself out.

You don’t think Afghan people can learn or become quality community members because they’re Muslims from a foreign land? Yikes.

A good friend in college was from a middle eastern family that relocated to Texas. His dad owns a ranch. He just graduated from law school. Small minds are a bad thing to have.

Ok nitwit. Nobody said they are incapable so save your Liberal BS for the Jim Acosta Fanclub Forum.

What I said is they do need help, and a plan….and we don’t do much of anything for them besides take the glory photos of them getting on the plane.

We “saved” the Hmongs after Vietnam …40 years later 74% are living in poverty in WI

we “saved” the Somali refugees…..78% of them now in poverty in MN

I’m sure this time we got it all figured out though !

Ok nitwit. Nobody said they are incapable so save your Liberal BS for the Jim Acosta Fanclub Forum.

What I said is they do need help, and a plan….and we don’t do much of anything for them besides take the glory photos of them getting on the plane.

We “saved” the Hmongs after Vietnam …40 years later 74% are living in poverty in WI

we “saved” the Somali refugees…..78% of them now in poverty in MN

I’m sure this time we got it all figured out though !
It’s not ‘liberal BS.’ It’s called being a decent person. It’s called being an American. It seems anymore that everyone that screams about loving the country and being a patriot is usually as far away from that as possible and anti-American in reality.

• Haha
Reactions: bung23
It’s not ‘liberal BS.’ It’s called being a decent person. It’s called being an American. It seems anymore that everyone that screams about loving the country and being a patriot is usually as far away from that as possible and anti-American in reality.

liberals are so incredibly FOS

you have the “LetsUseKindWords” part figured out, but have nothing figured out on any actual solutions or substance

liberals are so incredibly FOS

you have the “LetsUseKindWords” part figured out, but have nothing figured out on any actual solutions or substance
Not a liberal, dumb dumb. Try again.

It’s ok if you truly hate core American principles and what we’re supposed to stand for. At least you’re honest about it and don’t use a facade to cover your real beliefs.

How do these two relate? Helping poor people escape tyranny is……bad?

How does wanting to help people escape the Taliban conflict with worrying about a growing population on the right that has been radicalized and wants to do damage thinking they’re ‘patriots?’ Do you think every Afghan person is a terrorist, rill?

Actually, out of the two of us, I’m the only one that hasn’t posted about being fearful of terror attacks.

I haven’t spent a second thinking about, or typing about, Americans or Afghans carrying out an attack. Quit projecting your fear on to others.

• Haha
Reactions: nthomp and Uncoach
Not a liberal, dumb dumb. Try again.

It’s ok if you truly hate core American principles and what we’re supposed to stand for. At least you’re honest about it and don’t use a facade to cover your real beliefs.

Projecting again. You hate people like the one you posted about a couple weeks ago, and that guy was just upset about American freedoms being taken away.

• Haha
It is called Rhetorical :rolleyes: .
Kinda sucks to have your argument about a couple of Generals thought closing Bagram was an outstanding idea. If you want to know who is at fault, you should look at the Biden Admin Leadership. Biden should do everyone a favor and resign.

160612-omar-mateen-orlando-mn-1835.jpg

Since it went over your head the first time (not surprising), this is the American born son of Hillary-supporting Afghan refugees to the USA who went on to slaughter 49 innocent (mostly Americans) people at the Pulse Night Club in Orlando. Bring a select few who actually helped us.

And your stupid quote? Just a poem that was placed on the Statue of Liberty decades later. It's not a part of our founding at all.

Reactions: bung23
Again you miss my point, it is only to refute the claim that Trump would have did it differently.

The ONLY scorecard that COUNTS:

Trump; USMC killed in action last YEAR in Afgan: ZERO

Biden ; USMC killed in action last 6 MONTHS in AFgan; 12 at last count.

Kinda sucks to have your argument about a couple of Generals thought closing Bagram was an outstanding idea. If you want to know who is at fault, you should look at the Biden Admin Leadership. Biden should do everyone a favor and resign.

Thank you for finding that, proves exactly what I have been posting about Bagram and why it was closed.

160612-omar-mateen-orlando-mn-1835.jpg

Since it went over your head the first time (not surprising), this is the American born son of Hillary-supporting Afghan refugees to the USA who went on to slaughter 49 innocent (mostly Americans) people at the Pulse Night Club in Orlando. Bring a select few who actually helped us.

And your stupid quote? Just a poem that was placed on the Statue of Liberty decades later. It's not a part of our founding at all.
Pulse was awful. How about the guy that went on that rampage in Las Vegas? Old, bald white guy, right? Skin color or religion doesn’t matter.

The ONLY scorecard that COUNTS:

Trump; USMC killed in action last YEAR in Afgan: ZERO

Biden ; USMC killed in action last 6 MONTHS in AFgan; 12 at last count.
Trump; US military killed in Afghanistan while he was in office--60. o_O

Florida is the only state where more people are dying of COVID now than ever before. What went wrong?​

Andrew Romano
Andrew Romano

·West Coast Correspondent
Wed, August 25, 2021, 5:00 AM·10 min read

A few months ago, Gov. Ron DeSantis, Republican of Florida, declared his hands-off approach to COVID-19 “a tremendous success.” Politico announced that he had “won the pandemic.”
But then came the hypercontagious Delta variant, which continues to hit Florida harder than anywhere else in the country.
The result? DeSantis just added another, less flattering distinction to his résumé. When COVID first surged across the Sun Belt last summer, the average number of Floridians dying of the disease every 24 hours peaked at 185, according to the New York Times’s state-by-state COVID database. The same was true over the winter.
Ron DeSantis

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Aug. 21 announcing the opening of a monoclonal antibody treatment site for COVID-19 patients in Lakeland, Fla. (Paul Hennessy/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)
A few days ago, however, Florida’s daily death rate cleared 200 for the first time, and today it stands at 228 — an all-time high.
This makes DeSantis the first (and so far only) governor in the U.S. whose state is now recording more COVID-19 deaths each day — long after free, safe and effective vaccines became widely available to all Americans age 12 or older — than during any previous wave of the virus.
So what went wrong? California thinks it has the answer.
Since last spring, Florida and California — two of America’s biggest and most influential states — have been locked in a pitched battle over which kind of pandemic response makes the most sense: less or more. At times, the Sunshine State seemed to have the upper hand — like when Florida avoided the worst of a nationwide winter surge that hit California particularly hard, all while refusing to require masks in public and keeping bars and restaurants fully open.
But Delta may have changed that.
“Vaccines are working to prevent deaths in many other countries that have seen post vaccine spike in cases, and most other states in the U.S. as well. Florida is different,” Dr. Vincent Rajkumar, a professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic, recently explained on Twitter. “What’s different in Florida is that, relative to the vaccination rate (~50%), the relaxation of distancing and masking was disproportionately high. Leaders expressed disdain for masks and mask mandates. The total number of people unvaccinated is high. And hospitals got overwhelmed.”
Story continues

Florida is the only state where more people are dying of COVID now than ever before. What went wrong?​

Andrew Romano
Andrew Romano

·West Coast Correspondent
Wed, August 25, 2021, 5:00 AM·10 min read

A few months ago, Gov. Ron DeSantis, Republican of Florida, declared his hands-off approach to COVID-19 “a tremendous success.” Politico announced that he had “won the pandemic.”
But then came the hypercontagious Delta variant, which continues to hit Florida harder than anywhere else in the country.
The result? DeSantis just added another, less flattering distinction to his résumé. When COVID first surged across the Sun Belt last summer, the average number of Floridians dying of the disease every 24 hours peaked at 185, according to the New York Times’s state-by-state COVID database. The same was true over the winter.
Ron DeSantis

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Aug. 21 announcing the opening of a monoclonal antibody treatment site for COVID-19 patients in Lakeland, Fla. (Paul Hennessy/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)
A few days ago, however, Florida’s daily death rate cleared 200 for the first time, and today it stands at 228 — an all-time high.
This makes DeSantis the first (and so far only) governor in the U.S. whose state is now recording more COVID-19 deaths each day — long after free, safe and effective vaccines became widely available to all Americans age 12 or older — than during any previous wave of the virus.
So what went wrong? California thinks it has the answer.
Since last spring, Florida and California — two of America’s biggest and most influential states — have been locked in a pitched battle over which kind of pandemic response makes the most sense: less or more. At times, the Sunshine State seemed to have the upper hand — like when Florida avoided the worst of a nationwide winter surge that hit California particularly hard, all while refusing to require masks in public and keeping bars and restaurants fully open.
But Delta may have changed that.
“Vaccines are working to prevent deaths in many other countries that have seen post vaccine spike in cases, and most other states in the U.S. as well. Florida is different,” Dr. Vincent Rajkumar, a professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic, recently explained on Twitter. “What’s different in Florida is that, relative to the vaccination rate (~50%), the relaxation of distancing and masking was disproportionately high. Leaders expressed disdain for masks and mask mandates. The total number of people unvaccinated is high. And hospitals got overwhelmed.”
Story continues

…..isn’t Florida like the premiere vacation destination in the United States? Meaning a ridiculously large number of people traveling there from both vacations and second homes?

And last year travel was still down significantly ?

it seems like copious more amounts of people coming to and from, in conjunction with an aggressive variant, would be a quite obvious reason for more cases?

Against Trump? 1000%, just like every other reasonable person. Biden wasn’t a great candidate and isn’t a great leader. He’s vanilla. I’ll take vanilla over that moron any day, though.

The odd thing I see on here and in Republican media is people on the right still fawning over Trump, pumping up his next run in 2024. Why? The guy just got mopped by a weak ass candidate like Biden. He lost to him in f*cking Georgia, for shit’s sake. The Republican nominee should be a slam dunk winner in 2024. It should be a layup. If they run DeSantis or another of their more traditional candidates, they’ll cruise to victory. If Trump’s the nominee, you’re going to get another four years of the ‘Marxist socialist fascists’ or whatever new buzz words Fox News gives you to scream about.
Another dipshit take......

bravo Nancy, bravo!

Thank you for finding that, proves exactly what I have been posting about Bagram and why it was closed.
No. It doesn't. The military would have kept Bagram and HKIA open. Your wonderful Administration didn't provide enough resources to do the job correctly. For that Biden should be gone.

Reactions: ILisBest and bung23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT