ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

This is one of the many reasons that as an ex-law enforcement officer I have said I do NOT consider the FBI an elite unit.

An icon has passed. Seeing Nichelle Nichols, as Lt Uhura, on the bridge of the Enterprise in a command position along with Sulu, the Vulcan and of course Kirk, impacted my views of the world greatly from the time I was a small child. I valued everyone living and working together no matter race/ethnicity. Who could forget the first interracial kiss on TV between her and Kirk? She meant a lot to black people and especially young black girls. She helped shape the world we live in as such a strong role model willing to make a difference. RIP.

Last edited:
An icon has passed. Seeing Nichelle Nichols, as Lt Uhura, on the bridge of the Enterprise in a command position along with Sulu, the Vulcan and of course Kirk, impacted my views of the world greatly from the time I was a small child. I valued everyone living and working together no matter race/ethnicity. Who could forget the first interracial kiss on TV between her and Kirk? She meant a lot to black people and especially young black girls. She helped shape the world we live in as such a strong role model willing to make a difference. RIP.

The Whitney Houston film, was it on a personal level as well, and Kevin Costner in Bodyguard was nationally significant IMO.

The Whitney Houston film, was it on a personal level as well, and Kevin Costner in Bodyguard was nationally significant IMO.
I’m always disappointed with the pre-recorded National Anthem choices the baseball venues I coach at use. There is no better version of the Star Spangled Banner than Whitney Houston live from the Super Bowl. Such an amazing talent.

was at that Super Bowl and I’m always disappointed with the pre-recorded National Anthem choices the baseball venues I coach at use. There is no better version of the Star Spangled Banner than Whitney Houston live from the Super Bowl. Such an amazing talent.
I was at that Super Bowl and the Entire Stadium was in tears. It is my understanding that it WAS prerecorded. In case of technical issues.

My favorite recording ? The old only Men's Glee Club from West Point !

uzjacyc70xj61.jpg

Get the f**k outta here with this trash….

You can’t fight racism, if you support racism. Nobody has any power over what skin color they are born with. That’s the first issue with “institutions of higher learning” and this type of programming.

You can’t fight racism, if you support racism. Nobody has any power over what skin color they are born with. That’s the first issue with “institutions of higher learning” and this type of programming.
This is almost the definition of insanity. As you note, if you're born white then you must be born a racist. So if white = racist, why are we bothering with any of this? It won't matter (other than to get those precious 1.5 continuing education credits). And how do you explain the utlimate sacrifice of something like 360,000 white racists who died fighting against slavery?

No, the real point of these courses is for someone to make a quick buck and move on to the next pool of fools.

This is almost the definition of insanity. As you note, if you're born white then you must be born a racist. So if white = racist, why are we bothering with any of this? It won't matter (other than to get those precious 1.5 continuing education credits). And how do you explain the utlimate sacrifice of something like 360,000 white racists who died fighting against slavery?

No, the real point of these courses is for someone to make a quick buck and move on to the next pool of fools.
Inflation Reduction Act IS the definition of insanity !!

Over 700 Billions of NEW Federal spending to reduce inflation ? Including untold new spending on green stuff, new electric plants either gas or nuke, a gas pipeline in the middle of nowhere ( West Virginny ???).

Reactions: Uncoach and bung23
Well, brain-dead visited the journalist murdering TYRANT in Saudi Arabia going so far as to fist bump him before bowing down before him to get more oil. At the end of the day, and I predicted this, Biden was able to secure an extra 100,000 bpd from the whole of OPEC. This is basically nothing. In fact, it will take 7 weeks of OPEC increases to make up for the 5,000,000 barrels of oil from our Strategic Reserve that Biden gave to China. Just a true clownshow, but it is @stoneaxe27 and @JeffT818 's special clownshow!

Boy @JeffT818 - you've fallen for this entire Green New Deal scam.

Not only are you and your people tearing up the Earth to create short-life batteries for EVs, but the disposal of these 'vehicles' is bad for the environment. They are horrible for the environment both going and coming. And assuming the days comes when you live in Florida and are forced to flee the state due to an approaching hurricane, it will be hilarious to watch all of you EV saps dead in the road due to the traffic jams that drain your batteries.

And on the wind front, who knew these non-recyclable massive blades have a short life and end up in massive landfills. They kill birds while operational and then get buried for millennia. But, you are saving the planet. LOL.

Here’s a gaslight special. Employment is actually growing? Of course it is. The liberal states/cities that shut down are open for business. They also aren’t looking at what jobs are getting cut. Total gaslight job.

Here’s a gaslight special. Employment is actually growing? Of course it is. The liberal states/cities that shut down are open for business. They also aren’t looking at what jobs are getting cut. Total gaslight job.

And yet the Institute of Suppy Management report claims employment is falling. Washington Monthly must have missed that one.

Boy @JeffT818 - you've fallen for this entire Green New Deal scam.

Not only are you and your people tearing up the Earth to create short-life batteries for EVs, but the disposal of these 'vehicles' is bad for the environment. They are horrible for the environment both going and coming. And assuming the days comes when you live in Florida and are forced to flee the state due to an approaching hurricane, it will be hilarious to watch all of you EV saps dead in the road due to the traffic jams that drain your batteries.

And on the wind front, who knew these non-recyclable massive blades have a short life and end up in massive landfills. They kill birds while operational and then get buried for millennia. But, you are saving the planet. LOL.

Until the EV technology greatly improves, my household will always have an EV and a gasoline/hybrid car. If I was a one car household, I would not buy a pure EV car at this time do to charging limitations.

I was with Mary Anne's Brother and SIL this weekend. Tried to stay away from politics all weekend.

BUT finally, had too much and told the SIL; "Which do you feel shows the ego of a flawed person ?
Someone that uses hair plugs, or someone that dies their hair ? " (She is in her 70's, with not a gray hair to be seen, after she visits her hair salon !)

That ended that "conversation"

Until the EV technology greatly improves, my household will always have an EV and a gasoline/hybrid car. If I was a one car household, I would not buy a pure EV car at this time do to charging limitations.
Tesla can send out software "updates" that will unilaterally change the range of your Tesla by changing the amount of charge you can give your battery, let's say limiting your charge to 80 % capacity.

So let's say you live and charge your Tesla in a poor electric grid State like Calif. with their brown outs. To save available electric power the State could mandate that all Tesla's in Calif only be allowed to charge to 80 %. Which would reduce your range automatically by 20 %.

You say it couldn't happen ?
Did you ever think a lone paddle boarder on a deserted ocean, could be cuffed and arrested ?...or...that Skateboard parks would be filled and closed with tons of sand ??

Visit Florida.

Here is how to visit Florida, get a tan/workout , find a place to live, and a tax write-off and GET paid at the same time.

Scratch especially.

August 4 to 14, Florida is sponsoring their annual Python hunt !
Since 2017 the State of Fla (thanks DeSantis) has sponsored this hunt, which has captured over 10,000 snakes . You get paid $50 bucks for any Python snake over 5 feet and $ 25 a foot over that.

One professional caught a 17 footer that was 110 pounds. Pro's are paid an additional $ 13 an hour.

Reactions: bung23
Visit Florida.

Here is how to visit Florida, get a tan/workout , find a place to live, and a tax write-off and GET paid at the same time.

Scratch especially.

August 4 to 14, Florida is sponsoring their annual Python hunt !
Since 2017 the State of Fla (thanks DeSantis) has sponsored this hunt, which has captured over 10,000 snakes . You get paid $50 bucks for any Python snake over 5 feet and $ 25 a foot over that.

One professional caught a 17 footer that was 110 pounds. Pro's are paid an additional $ 13 an hour.

I might be crazy, but I've told some friends this would be a fun guys trip. The heat, humidity, and bugs are the only thing that have kept me from looking in to it more.

I'm one of those crazy people that has almost no fear of snakes. Bugs - no thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT