ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2: Illinois vs. Western Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by OSKEEWAWA12:
Why won't we run the ball on second short. We need longer drives
This line is not going to hold up against B1G defenses. There is absolutely know push. I'm just going to guess that in practice the blocking sleds win.

Re: That's awful by Young if he didn't get in there....

Just horrible goal line offense.

Freaking pathetic. A number of man cards need to be revoked from our offense.

Letting them stay in the game will cost us. Fumble snap and the can't get in. These thing are how u lose to a western kentucky

Pathetic runs on the goal line. Zane Petty looks like a player at safety. pleasant surprise.

Originally posted by phoenix_illini:

Originally posted by anleva:
Young just needed to go up slightly and he was in. There was space.
don't know what you were watching. Clary needs to not be pushed into that space.
Just watched it again 3 times lol. Get up Donovan. Just burrowed low.

That missed opportunity will hurt

Why run up the middle with no push spread it out ?

Oh well it's poor red zone football

So much for offensive line. Big ten lines should allow a rb to run to the brick wall in the 1. We can't get a half yard.

We r in trouble here. Big trouble. Had huge momentum and now ....

I don't love the full tight goaline, as you eliminate any momentum of the back. Spread it out a bit, don't try to rush the play off like a gimmick, and smash somebody. A back with some steam will move a defender forward, especially DY

Agree Oskee, those are the things that cost teams games. Won't be shocked to see a 99 yd TD drive. We've seen it before. When they run the Maryland I, don't always have to give it to the deep guy. Do something different!

don't know what you were watching. Clary needs to not be pushed into that space.
Donnovan isn't Adrian Peterson.

I thought the guard and tackle were okay from what I saw. Clary just didn't recognize the blitz and it hurt... since Donnovan ain't gonna take off from the three yard line like Walter Payton. (or even his son who played at the U.)

Originally posted by OSKEEWAWA12:
Bailey?
Cubit said he's not healthy on Tay & J yesterday. I guess he's been partial participant in practice last 8-10 days? They are working him back slowly (in practice) I guess. Cubit also said they are hesitant to take Lunt out of the game, but in that situation he's gotta be in there (when healthy).

I'm very concerned now. Didn't take advantage of the turnover nor the goal line. They r going to start scoring.

We have too many plays with a guy totally out of position on defense.

Donnovan isn't Adrian Peterson.

I thought the guard and tackle were okay from what I saw. Clary just didn't recognize the blitz and it hurt... since Donnovan ain't gonna take off from the three yard line like Walter Payton. (or even his son who played at the U.)
Didn't need to be Walter. Just go up 6 inches and he is over his lineman, extend the ball and in. Yes, the push should have been better, but there was space to get in.

anyone surprised these guys are going to culminate a 99 yard drive with a TD? I'm not.

looks like yet another Fall where I will have my Saturday afternoons free to get errands done. no sense in watching this horses#@t.

I'm really enjoying J Leman as a color commentator. He adds a lot and he is easy on the ears.

99 yards. Typical Illinois. Offense can't get a yard and D never makes a stand when you need it most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT