ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2: Illinois vs. Western Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 99-yard drive to Western Kentucky can't happen. Bottom line.

Originally posted by phoenix_illini:
OK anleva you win as long as you sign a statement for my new Obamacare trifocals....
LOL, I'm not disagreeing that the line play left alot to be desired, but two heads down soft runs by DY didn't help matters.

Originally posted by OSKEEWAWA12:
F me. They can get in. Where's the review? Wtf
Probably not a good camera angle available but it looked to me like his knee was on the turf before he turned his shoulders.

When you pay a half mil for the visit... you really OUGHT to at least get another look, big time wtf.

For me the last 5 minutes is a total microcosm of what's wrong with Illinois FB...On top of that how and the hell can that play not be reviewed but ours was? Beckman should have been on the field stopping that play.

We looked tired. Need more depth at LB because spread offenses run them all over the field and they were gassed.

99yds hurts and gives them serious confidence. Where's the offense? Time to get locked in and in sync.

Year 3 of this regime. Wait, isn't this the year when you're supposed to turn the corner?

Illinois football is rarely fun to watch. It's almost like a chore to sit through these games.

Need to take all the linemen on both lines and test them for extremely low T. Gah.

I am at a loss as to why hte Illini are only down 3.
frown.r191677.gif

Wtf! I hate this whole fuking program! Just get the first down u morons

Go for IT

If they can make a 99 yard drive they can certainly make a 90 or 80 yard drive. Why give up the ball for a likely 13 yards?

When WKU scores on this upcoming drive, we'll find out what the Illini are made of

The whole is less than the sum of the parts.

This game is far from over but if this turns into a loss then Beckman is done. Too many squandered opportunities and we're only in the first half.

Lots to like about the offense but just bad coach decisions at critical

times cost them dearly. The 4th and 1 call, and on 3rd and 3 going for the TD when you are left with a 50 yd FG att.

Re: Terrible decision to try a FG there...

Agree with the FG attempt, but terrible decision by Lunt on 3rd down.

Horrible call on 3rd and 3! You are in two down territory. Bad call by Cubit and then dumb call by Coach Timmy trying a 51 yard fg.

This post was edited on 9/6 12:12 PM by illini8985

We have a bad kicker and a lousy defense...

horrendous decision to try a 50 yard field goal.

It just never seems to change...3rd and 3 and we throw a 40 yard pass attempt to a WR who wasn't even open and then miss the FG attempt. Many examples today of why we are a joke of a FB program...

Pretty disgusting FG effort there....
Just terrible football 2nd quarter. There was some energy in the stadium but the defensive effort has pretty much sucked the life out now.

Got his field goal attempts mixed up

Should have kicked it on the 1 after two failed attempts at the goal.

Should have gone for it on 4th and 3 from the 33.

Hope the defense holds WKU so they do not score before halftime. Otherwise, the team might collapse.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: We have a bad kicker and a lousy defense...

You know what drives me crazy? We keep hiring morons as head coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT