ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2: Illinois vs. Western Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going over this game over and over and I have come to a conclusion. This game is make or break for the Beckman era. Most people would say its WKU you should run over them but with the way their offense played last week it should be a real challenge for us. If we win I think this will be a fun year and will make a bowl. If we loose I think it will crush us and will be the end of the Beckman era. I don't think this team will be able to recover from a loss today. I know it is early in the season and games like these don't really carry the weight of the year on them but I feel this could be a turning point for us. Bad or good. I am hoping for the latter.

This post was edited on 9/6 10:24 AM by ILLsportsfreak

Nah.

Its a big deal with a loss, a win is non-event. Taking Washington down to the last snap or winning next week would be a big event.

I'm channeling Harly here, the home schedule in the conference are the big games.

Hilltoppers get plays off about as fast as you will see.

With Comcast up here it feels like Bangladesh. Friggin' Comcast doesn't have the overflow channel and no BTN2Go.
Muffed punt - there's a break!

LaCosse to the goal line!

Re: Rather be lucky or good? (nm)

Lucky for sure.

Phoenix, how can WKU have better uniforms than the Illini?

GREAT START TO THE GAME, Really happy to see Lacosse getting involved. Pretty throw by Lunt

Originally posted by L.A. Chief:
Lucky for sure.

Chief... do you know something about hooch production in Western Ky you want to share with the group?
roll.r191677.gif

Most of us would not associate the alumni base of WKU with "big shooters", right.
This post was edited on 9/6 11:12 AM by phoenix_illini

Originally posted by phoenix_illini:

Originally posted by L.A. Chief:
Lucky for sure.

Chief... do you know something about hooch production in Western Ky you want to share with the group?
roll.r191677.gif

Most of us would not associate the alumni base of WKU with "big shooters", right.
This post was edited on 9/6 11:12 AM by phoenix_illini
That I'd share with the group? Umm...no.

They might not have big shooters, but, they have better helmets for sure. That's gotta be worth about a FG per game.

Seems to me it might not be a bad thing to slow it down a bit. Yeah, we can't run but we should try.

Keep their offense off the filed and our defense fresher

51yd punt by Duvernois...guess he's getting off on the right foot too

Anybody else think the WKU punter is going to have a rough time in the film room when they see he had a very catchable long snap then let everyone know as he left the field that he was blaming the snapper?

Monheim is unbelievably slow...

really need to upgrade the athleticism at linebacker.

Yeah, you know things are going right when the opposition gets the sideline interference penalty.

Good lord is Monheim slow!

Why won't we run the ball on second short. We need longer drives

Things driving me crazy....

Illini mistakes

quick snaps at the goal line....not working at all.

That's awful by Young if he didn't get in there....

good running backs score easily there.

Young just needed to go up slightly and he was in. There was space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT