ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1: Youngstown State @ Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly so far I am most disappointed in the poor play of the Offensive Line.

Where is the great veteran O-line everyone was counting on? 24 yards of O after one quarter against Youngstown State Junior High Convent? C'mon.

Re: The defensive line has been fine for the most part...

Originally posted by IlliniSkillz:
Monheim isn't getting off ANY blocks

Would look to bring in Bailey and change up the look/pace
Sub out your starter after a quarter of play in the season? Wow, what a horrible idea. Lunt was named the starter for a reason. Time to try and build some consistency and identify on offense rather than this back and forth crap all season.

Jon Davis with 3 catches in a row, last for a TD. All 3 looked like he leaked out of the backfield

Until those last two throws Lunt was as bad as I've ever seen at Illinois.

I'm thinking he settles down, settles in and throws for 200-230 today after a brutal 1Q, most of it on the back of YAC on underneath throws.

Looks like Cubit has the defense figured out. Slant to Malik Turner, 3 throws into the flat to Jon Davis against the soft zone coverage. That should spread them out, create some room for Josh Ferguson.

What is with our kicking game today? Horrible line drive punts, now a kick out of bounds?

Very solid on D other than the Clements play...

too early to really tell but the defensive line at least looks the part this year unlike last year.

Our kickers are below average. Their punter just boomed it.

Smother looking good

Lunt is doing a really nice shop sliding when he feels some pressure.

Followed by 15 yd completion to turner and 40 yd completion to Allison. Illini are driving

Can't see the game, following it on ESPN's gametracker. Why can't we run the ball at all? Is YSU playing 10 in the box or something? Yeesh.

Ferguson fumble followed by 3 and out by YSU. Illini ball. Teitsma with a nice stop on 3rd down.

Re: The defensive line has been fine for the most part...

The d line isn't getting any pressure against YSU... I can hardly wait for OSU. Just fire Banks now like you should have

We haven't gotten any rush yards true, but I think only 3 rush attempts so far.

We look like a team that is pressing too hard to have an identity.

Too many guys trying to do it all in one play. Need better team play as a whole.

Do they at least look good uniform wise? Someone post the score once in awhile cause ESPN sure is not.

Out of town and not seeing the game.

Sounds like little has changed.

Are we surprised?

Btw, if we don't improve fast, WKU is going to roll us next weekend. LaTech Part Deux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT