ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1: Youngstown State @ Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this game blacked out for anyone out there? It is for me all of a sudden...

Ferguson fumble is the difference, needs to make up for it

If nit for bentleys return we would be shut out.

Need to flip the field or score

Remember a few years back when Northwestern ran the ball on EVERY SINGLE PLAY in the second half and we still couldn't come close to stopping them? This is starting to feel like that...

I miss Ron Zook.
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by IlliniSkillz:
Wow. What's going on? How bad is it?
9-7 bad guys.
We can't get much going on offense. Lunt seems to be okay, but we're not really accomplishing much. Can't run at all.

Defense is playing really well but they're being worn down as they're on the field most of the game. They're doing a great job of controlling the ball and eating clock.

I thought he looked ok early on. I am concerned that the D has already been on the field too long and is wearing down.

When Ron Zook is the class of your last 4 head coaches...

there is a reason Illinois football is what it is.

Doesn't seem to be much "fire in belly" for Illini.... poor execution and penalties! Not blaming coaches but, come on, you're playoing Youngstown state!!@@!!

I kind of can't believe we are this bad. I didn't think it was possible for us to get worse but it apparently it is

Offense is just not happening

He should have been fired in 2009...

and Illinois should have given Charlie Strong a monster offer. But that would require a forward thinking AD with a pulse.

Re: He should have been fired in 2009...

9-7 YSU :45 left in 3rd. YSU 4th and short. Punting

Thanks , am I the only one that when I post it goes back to the thread Header? Kinda of a pain posting.

Young gets in open field one on one with a guy and when he needs to make a guy miss he tries to run him over....pfft!

Qtr

Lunt 14 of 25 126 yds 1TD 0 Int

Re: Dudek has to make that catch...

Big third down reception by ferguson then 15 yard catch by lacosse. Illini 1st And goal

This post was edited on 8/30 1:36 PM by jasda55

watching UVa -UCLA and see that Jon Tuenueta is DC for the Whahoos, So mch for the BS lie he gave us for leaving must be a smart man now though.

Dudek makes up for it with wide open TD reception. 14-9 Illini

Nice pick by Monheim. Absolute goat on that drive. So bad!

This is hilarious how terrible we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT