ADVERTISEMENT

Zone offense...

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
I know they work on it, I've seen it, but it isn't sticking. Last night they just chucked 3's for much of the 2nd half and took tentative shots when they did get it inside.

1. Freeze dribbles - Rarely see these anymore. Make a defender commit.

2. Gap attack - We match up with them insead of getting into a gap. there is almost zero dribble penetration against the zone. That creates step in 3's or high low options or gets people to the line.

3. Player Movement/Ball Movement - Player standing and spacing, but no cutting through the defense. Too easy to find shooters if they don't move around. Guys don't pass with both hands is another infuriating thing. That's a fundamental they should have learned in JH.

4. Transition Offense - Don't let them set up, but if you can't get stops it's hard to push it.

5. Backside screening - One of my favorites. When they come out they wil either go under or over teh screen, player reads it and penetrates, screener opens up and it creates a 2 on 1.

Astonishing how poorly they attacked the zone in the 2nd half, so sorry for the rant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News