ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

How in the world is Styx not in the RRHOF? The Grand Illusion, Pieces of Eight. Both albums had multiple well played in rotation songs. Add in Paradise Theatre and Kilroy was here and it should be a no brainer. Started hitting the charts with Lorelei in 76…Equinox. Add in Boston. Tom Scholz also engineered many music related inventions. Probably best known for the Rockman effect unit that included distortion, chorus and echo…Def Leppard (Mutt Lange produced) used that device heavily on their album Hysteria.

Last edited:
The stock is likely up today as some shorts are covering their positions and taking their profits.
You are the one who was talking about how Trump's net worth went up on that dog crap stock.
You have been silent on the stock until it finally went up today.
DJT is a crap stock and you will not admit it.

Everyone knows that your exposure is unlimited on a short sale and on a put the limit is the cost of the put.
Also, the expected return on a option is 0%. Zero sum game.
Can't wait for your next investment tidbit.
Remember you asked...

Wells Fargo calls. Bought Yesterday (Thursday), sold this morning (Friday) UP 48 %.

Roth where I only trade options (your "zero sum game") is UP 210 % since Jan, 2024.

Biden economics, white hair plugs versus Orange man, what to do ?

I’m not sure about the “shredding” of the mayor, but I bet the stonedhead hates this woman for wanting her tax dollars to work for her own community.

Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest

100% correct.

I don't know why people don't get this. Biden would probably lose the election if it were held today (assuming undecideds just didn't vote), but he'd barely lose. I suspect Biden would still win WI/PA but lose Michigan very narrowly.

The election is in 6 months, and Biden is likely to improve a little in Michigan even without doing much elsewhere. Biden is going to turn out his people in the big cities in the North, because his team 100% knows how likely it is they win by doing so. They don't need any swing states but WI/MI/PA. Win those three, they finish at 270, and you get four more years of the Ancient Mariner. Trump has no meaningful operation in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Michigan. He can't even do that many rallies with all his legal issues.

The Republican Party is filled with idiots. They believe absurdity like "Trump didn't lose in 2020" and "we can't lose to Biden in 2020." Both of those positions are super moronic, and will give Dems control over the executive branch another 4 years.

Btw, the Ukraine aid bill is going to pass this weekend with a large majority in the House. The House could have passed it while also improving the laws related to border security 2.5 months ago, instead Trump tanked that because he thought an improved border situation may hurt him in the election. Now, Trump is not tanking the Ukraine aid bill that his populist supporters hate.

So those supporters got Ukraine aid in full while getting nothing on the border that I sincerely believe they care about.

Trumped THE **** AGAIN!!!

If they are defending BigWill's act, it's them with problems. BW pimped the DJT stock, and it's tanked like crazy since. He deserves to get heat for it.

I do see the meme buyers are pushing it back up the last two days. Wake me up when it turns a profit of some sort.
I don't believe I have a problem. BW liked the Trump net worth being inflated due to DJT. Everyone knows he has restricted stock and it is anyones guess where it could be when those restrictions loosen. I would guess he will make something off of it. If the left ever releases him from full-time court duty, he might be able to pimp his loyal base harder to actively engage his site.

We have talked about stocks that do well in-spite of not turning a profit. That bucket is very full. DJT appears to be a knock off of Twitter. Twitter went public in 2013. It first made an annual profit in 2018. It was anywhere from $15 per share to $90 in that span of time.

I am not betting on DJT, but who really knows 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: tjfleck6
I don't believe I have a problem. BW liked the Trump net worth being inflated due to DJT. Everyone knows he has restricted stock and it is anyones guess where it could be when those restrictions loosen. I would guess he will make something off of it. If the left ever releases him from full-time court duty, he might be able to pimp his loyal base harder to actively engage his site.

We have talked about stocks that do well in-spite of not turning a profit. That bucket is very full. DJT appears to be a knock off of Twitter. Twitter went public in 2013. It first made an annual profit in 2018. It was anywhere from $15 per share to $90 in that span of time.

I am not betting on DJT, but who really knows 🤷‍♂️

Feel free to name stakes about TS making a profit in the next 5 years. I'd bet up to $5K.

I'm not trying to trump you here, either. The company sucks, it's a social media company wrapped around worship of one dude who is by the way the effective nominee for the GOP and a former President. He's been promoting it pretty hard for 3 years now, and it's gone nowhere. He should be at the height of its power, and user growth sucks.

Trump should make something off of it so long as he can keep some "meme stock" value, but it won't be much as the value will drop once the market is flooded with his shares, as he owns like 58% of the company or some such (and his insiders own a bunch more and they also can't trade for the time being). Effectively, the meme buyers aren't even floating it with probably 75% of its shares currently being untradeable.

Feel free to name stakes about TS making a profit in the next 5 years. I'd bet up to $5K.

I'm not trying to trump you here, either. The company sucks, it's a social media company wrapped around worship of one dude who is by the way the effective nominee for the GOP and a former President. He's been promoting it pretty hard for 3 years now, and it's gone nowhere. He should be at the height of its power, and user growth sucks.

Trump should make something off of it so long as he can keep some "meme stock" value, but it won't be much as the value will drop once the market is flooded with his shares, as he owns like 58% of the company or some such (and his insiders own a bunch more and they also can't trade for the time being). Effectively, the meme buyers aren't even floating it with probably 75% of its shares currently being untradeable.
Making a profit and making a large profit are two different things. I will stick to my statement in my post that you replied to. I am not betting on DJT

Reactions: dtrain79

I watched some of the OJ series on Netflix yesterday. I am curious what the minority community will think of the left using the law against Trump. This is a community that is very circumspect of people using the law against others for the wrong reasons.

Grand Cayman has always been my favorite island down in the Caribbean. Seven mile beach is amazing and I could go to feed those Stingrays 7 days a week. The water is beautiful, but not quite as pretty as T&Cs, but the island is better kept.

I used to go a couple of times a year until they were closed forever over Covid. I need to get back this year.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dtrain79
Btw, the Ukraine aid bill is going to pass this weekend with a large majority in the House. The House could have passed it while also improving the laws related to border security 2.5 months ago, instead Trump tanked that because he thought an improved border situation may hurt him in the election. Now, Trump is not tanking the Ukraine aid bill that his populist supporters hate.

So those supporters got Ukraine aid in full while getting nothing on the border that I sincerely believe they care about.

That border bill wasn't very good and not worth defending that it didn't get passed, IMHO.

Reactions: ILisBest
I have no idea how to short a stock, and have never claimed to. I use an investment advisor and basically tell him to be as aggressive as he can.

The Trump stock was pretty obviously wildly overvalued. It will be a miracle if Truth Social ever makes any money.
That's cool. It's really easy to short DJT. Call your investment advisor and tell him you want to short DJT. He will ask you how many and get it done.

I watched some of the OJ series on Netflix yesterday. I am curious what the minority community will think of the left using the law against Trump. This is a community that is very circumspect of people using the law against others for the wrong reasons.

I would go ahead and guess that Trump's increase in minority votes (especially among Hispanics) will have nothing to do with his legal problems and a lot to do with inflation.

I am very circumspect Trump is going to break through among black voters, maybe he can go up 3% from the last round (that's a 6% swing, which is real), but it's not going to be evenly distributed, and he really needs to get movement in northern cities (looking dead at Milwaukee, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Philly).

He will gain more among Hispanics I believe.

Reactions: Uncoach
How asisnine! Damn the entire family because Ted that is long gone let a woman die in his car about 60 years ago. Weak, why would you repost such nonsense?
The whole Kennedy clan has brought little to the table. Joe was a raging anti-semite who admired Hitler in the 1930s as he was putting his antisemitic policies in place.

JFK had a string of foreign policy failures and had few domestic accomplishments. He did a great job with the missle crisis only after he bungled into it. He was a bigger slimeball than Clinton. He is only beloved because he was young and charismatic when he was assassinated. Great politician but mediocre president.

Ted Kennedy was a waste of space.

Bobby Kennedy may have been the best of the bunch but was killed before he could really make his mark.

RFK Jr is a joke.

We went to Florida for our summer vacation in 2021 - Naples.

We went to California for our summer vacation in 2022 - Santa Barbara and Disneyland.

We went to Grand Cayman last year and are headed to Berlin/Portugal/Spain this year.

Not sure how my vacations are political fodder for you. I actually said they are apolitical, because I'm a rational person like most of the rest of the world. Maybe you should try that for a year or two ... assume that politics isn't important enough to dictate vacation.

Separately, we went to DisneyWorld in 2019 and will likely go back in the next few years.
Yes, my 2020 vacation was 100 percent political - not surprised that you can't grasp that. I chose to go to Florida in 2020 to Miami, Dry Tortugas, and Universal precisely because Florida was open. One would have to have been insane to go to a Blue state.

2019 - Hawaii (Blue)
2020 Florida (Red)
2021 Cancun/Coba/Tulum/C. Itza - Entirely a political decision since the world went batshit crazy but Mexico wanted tourist $$$
2022 Ireland
2023 Puerto Rico (Blue)
2024 - It's going to be Epic.

Good to know you are the rational person who can't handle mean tweets and as a result will be voting for a guy whose Uncle was eaten by cannibals - or so he says.

Last edited:
Yes, my 2020 vacation was 100 percent political - not surprised that you can't grasp that. I chose to go to Florida in 2020 to Miami, Dry Tortugas, and Universal precisely because Florida was open. One would have to have been insane to go to a Blue state.

2019 - Hawaii (Blue)
2020 Florida (Red)
2021 Cancun/Coba/Tulum/C. Itza - Entirely a political decision since the world went batshit crazy but Mexico wanted tourist $$$
2022 Ireland
2023 Puerto Rico (Blue)
2024 - It's going to be Epic.

Good to know your the rational person who can't handle mean tweets and as a result will be voting for a guy whose Uncle was eaten by cannibals - or so he says.

So your vacations aren’t political either. Outside of the 2 Covid years which totally makes sense and entirely nullifies your critique of Cali in 2022.

That border bill was absolute garbage. It essentially legalized illegal immigration. The border can be controlled if the people that intentionally opened it wanted to. They don’t want to.

That border bill was absolute garbage. It essentially legalized illegal immigration. The border can be controlled if the people that intentionally opened it wanted to. They don’t want to.

Per usual, your description of the bill is inaccurate. The bill gave Republicans limits on processing asylum claims THAT US LAW REQUIRES TO BE PROCESSED REGARDLESS. Trump can temporarily suspend that processing but he cannot permanently do so. So the law improved border hawk positioning no matter what.

The argument that the border can be closed at the whim of a President is not accurate. Of course a Prez can reimpose something like Remain in Mexico, but that still means the claims are processed … the claimant just can’t come to the US during the pendency of the claim.

I fully expect Trump’s border policy to be pretty good, of course that won’t matter if he loses. The point of the law isn’t to achieve what Trump can do BUT instead to constrain what Biden or another Dem Prez can do. So if Trump loses, then Biden will have less “open border” options he could use. Now … he can do what he’s been doing without restriction.

Effectively, the bill limited worst case scenarios under a Dem Prez. That was the win for Rs … to constrain the left. Obviously it didn’t cure all border problems, but no one claimed it did.

Also congrats to Speaker Johnson on getting $50-55B in aid to Ukraine to kill more poor bastards forced into a war they probably don’t want by Putin.

Also congrats to Speaker Johnson on getting $50-55B in aid to Ukraine to kill more poor bastards forced into a war they probably don’t want by Putin.
Those Russians need to develop a democratic backbone and fight for a democratic country. They have had it for about 10 years out of last ...forever. My late father who was 17 when Pearl Harbor was attacked and joined the Army and fought in the 82d Airborne. Never finished High School. He always said about USSR and Eastern Europe. "Nothing will change until those people decide they have had enough and overthrow the Communists." I always said to my self "my poor uneducated Dad doesn't have a clue, they will always be vassals". Then in 80 USSR melted down due to Poland's Unions, East Germany etc. dictators were executed in Romania etc., USSR dissolved and for a brief window Russia was free, and I realized my Dad wasn't so dumb. The Russians reverted back to vassals of the czar first chance they had.

The whole Kennedy clan has brought little to the table. Joe was a raging anti-semite who admired Hitler in the 1930s as he was putting his antisemitic policies in place.

JFK had a string of foreign policy failures and had few domestic accomplishments. He did a great job with the missle crisis only after he bungled into it. He was a bigger slimeball than Clinton. He is only beloved because he was young and charismatic when he was assassinated. Great politician but mediocre president.

Bobby Kennedy may have been the best of the bunch but was killed before he could really make his mark.

RFK Jr is a joke.
Don’t forget the Martha Moxley murderer, Skakel, who was the nephew of RFK’s widow. Definitely not a family that needs to be pointing fingers at any other person or family.

RFK Jr is a joke.
What is your point? You hate the Kennedy family? You hate RFK, jr?

Don’t forget the Martha Moxley murderer, Skakel, who was the nephew of RFK’s widow. Definitely not a family that needs to be pointing fingers at any other person or family.
Right good catch, LOL. So the family is shit , but the nut case RFK, Jr. is good. I got it, that is a fine distinction.

Did you just channel a bit of MTG with that post? 😂

Did you just channel a bit of MTG with that post? 😂

I’m ****ing fired up about it. I hope the Ukrainians kill every Russian they can find. The sad thing of it is that few of these Russians had any desire for this, but the less of them, still the better.

Reactions: Uncoach
Per usual, your description of the bill is inaccurate. The bill gave Republicans limits on processing asylum claims THAT US LAW REQUIRES TO BE PROCESSED REGARDLESS. Trump can temporarily suspend that processing but he cannot permanently do so. So the law improved border hawk positioning no matter what.

The argument that the border can be closed at the whim of a President is not accurate. Of course a Prez can reimpose something like Remain in Mexico, but that still means the claims are processed … the claimant just can’t come to the US during the pendency of the claim.

I fully expect Trump’s border policy to be pretty good, of course that won’t matter if he loses. The point of the law isn’t to achieve what Trump can do BUT instead to constrain what Biden or another Dem Prez can do. So if Trump loses, then Biden will have less “open border” options he could use. Now … he can do what he’s been doing without restriction.

Effectively, the bill limited worst case scenarios under a Dem Prez. That was the win for Rs … to constrain the left. Obviously it didn’t cure all border problems, but no one claimed it did.
1. Do the Democrats really want the border closed?
2. Did they intentionally sabotage the border?

1. Do the Democrats really want the border closed?
2. Did they intentionally sabotage the border?

No.

I doubt it because it’s politically stupid for them. They tried to appease the idiot activists in their base and lo and behold the people wanting to come in took full advantage (the stupid thing is that the Admin almost certainly didn’t see that coming despite it being a real possibility).

Neither of these things bears on the law. It was a step in the right direction on border law.

I actually get that you wouldn’t trade that for Ukraine aid. But now you and others get Ukraine aid without any border win. So the worst of all worlds.

I get Ukraine aid (I’m jacked) but could have gotten that plus better border policy too. Missed opportunity.

Truth is this is all politics for Trump. He wants the border as an issue but is now ambivalent about Ukraine aid because he needs center right/center hawk votes to win.

I bring up facts that you don't like. Joe was a raging anti-semite and JFK did not accomplish much. Are facts hateful? Point is that for the most part the Kennedys did not bring much to the table. You like RFK Jr? His anti-vax stance?
No I agree the remaining family does not bring anything but its name . For some reason I don’t understand it is still potent. Gets RFKJr 15per cent despite him being a nut job. JFK not accomplishing much not his fault.

@stoneaxe27 you have accused me and people not on the left of being obsessed with the trans issue. Well, Biden changed Title IX yesterday. Another example of why people won’t shut up. Progressives never stop, and it results in damaging policy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT