ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Reactions: ILisBest and bung23
Did you short it Jeff or are you the moron who knew it would collapse yet failed to capitalize on it?
I don't trade individual stocks for two reasons. The main reason is that you need to own about 25 stocks to create an efficient portfolio that has diversified away firm specific risk. I have no desire to spend the time to create and manage such a portfolio.

The second reason is that retail investors are at an informational disadvantage compared to institutional investors.

Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach

CNN brings this person on to talk about sports.

Can we go back to common sense? Watch one game of coed dodgeball, and you can see that there is a major difference in the genders. We all learned that before junior high.

Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach

CNN brings this person on to talk about sports.

Can we go back to common sense? Watch one game of coed dodgeball, and you can see that there is a major difference in the genders. We all learned that before junior high.
Yes. Girls grow faster physically, but most reach maturity by 13-14 years old while boys keep growing until at least age 16. It’s one of the reasons girls can play little league and possibly pony league, but with very rare exception cannot play HS baseball.

Reactions: bung23

Two weeks ago you were telling me Trump had it all figured out with his national 15 week ban, which he totally waffled on.

I think this is a better political move, but it still leaves him open to an easy attack with respect to things like just happened this week in Arizona (enforcement of a 150 year old territorial law banning abortions). What he probably needs to do to truly neutralize the issue is argue in favor of a 12-week compromise in a place like Arizona. Lake seems to be going that direction, but I doubt Trump will follow considering the anti-abortion lobby pressures he would face.

Reactions: Uncoach
Yes. Girls grow faster physically, but most reach maturity by 13-14 years old while boys keep growing until at least age 16. It’s one of the reasons girls can play little league and possibly pony league, but with very rare exception cannot play HS baseball.
Not to mention the powerful hormone testosterone that males get a nice jolt of at around age 13-14.

Reactions: Uncoach

I post this for my friends that love CK.

I don't agree with the finish to this clip, but I am not 100% clear what they are looking for "to stay on message"

On a side note, I almost hit the 1.3 B Texas Powerball Saturday night. The only number I missed was the 27. I had 29. The odds are so remote to even get that close. I was in shock when I checked it on Sunday. I am sending some money to my favorite charity for disabled adults and probably 5k to meet Charlie Kirk 😜

I post this for my friends that love CK.

I don't agree with the finish to this clip, but I am not 100% clear what they are looking for "to stay on message"

On a side note, I almost hit the 1.3 B Texas Powerball Saturday night. The only number I missed was the 27. I had 29. The odds are so remote to even get that close. I was in shock when I checked it on Sunday. I am sending some money to my favorite charity for disabled adults and probably 5k to meet Charlie Kirk 😜

Did you do the Powerplay? That’s 50K. I know this because we got 3 of 5 and the Powerball and won $300 (tripled because my wife mandates buying the extra dollar) the drawing before. It’s crazy to get four, we were one number away (64 instead of 65). Would have been 150K had we hit that 4th number.

As for Charlie, imagine saying “an entire generation of kids.” It’s so far removed from reality. The right is correct on transgenderism. However, there are something like 3-5,000 minors a year being treated with public blockers. In 2018 (kids turning 16 this year), there were 4,316,233 live births in the USA.

A bit humorously this 1 in 1,000 number was probably about the chances each of us had of dying of COVID. A big part of my reason for opposing the stupid restrictions.

Did you do the Powerplay? That’s 50K. I know this because we got 3 of 5 and the Powerball and won $300 (tripled because my wife mandates buying the extra dollar) the drawing before. It’s crazy to get four, we were one number away (64 instead of 65). Would have been 150K had we hit that 4th number.

As for Charlie, imagine saying “an entire generation of kids.” It’s so far removed from reality. The right is correct on transgenderism. However, there are something like 3-5,000 minors a year being treated with public blockers. In 2018 (kids turning 16 this year), there were 4,316,233 live births in the USA.

A bit humorously this 1 in 1,000 number was probably about the chances each of us had of dying of COVID. A big part of my reason for opposing the stupid restrictions.

Ya, 50k. I usually do the multiplier, but didn't this time🤪. 35 after taxes they hold out.

Reactions: dtrain79 and bung23
Two weeks ago you were telling me Trump had it all figured out with his national 15 week ban, which he totally waffled on.

I think this is a better political move, but it still leaves him open to an easy attack with respect to things like just happened this week in Arizona (enforcement of a 150 year old territorial law banning abortions). What he probably needs to do to truly neutralize the issue is argue in favor of a 12-week compromise in a place like Arizona. Lake seems to be going that direction, but I doubt Trump will follow considering the anti-abortion lobby pressures he would face.
I linked an article which was largely accurate - Trump came down on no federal law banning abortion plus support for IVT and the exceptions. Do you expect Hobbs to sign anything passed in Arizona or would she rather keep the issue? Past history suggests Democrats dont like to solve problems.

Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest

Let’s see how much the national media talks about this white terrorist. My prediction - might be mentioned once, but they won’t talk about his ideology.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: bung23
I linked an article which was largely accurate - Trump came down on no federal law banning abortion plus support for IVT and the exceptions. Do you expect Hobbs to sign anything passed in Arizona or would she rather keep the issue? Past history suggests Democrats dont like to solve problems.

There’s a 15 week law on the books in AZ, passed under Ducey. All the Rs have to do is repeal the territorial law. That would be signed.

Two weeks ago the take was Trump had a brilliant 15 week national plan. We discussed it here. I said it was not brilliant, and lo and behold he figured that out.

I don’t think this matters much beyond the GOP mucking it up in states hurting its image nationally a modest amount.

Any which way, Trump Trial #1 starts next week. He’s so petrified he’s filed three baseless continuance motions (or separate lawsuits) this week. It’s hilarious. He should be more worried about jury selection and comporting himself like a normal human in the courtroom. Second trial coming in September or October in DC.

Good luck to the Orange Con Artist. And hope you all sold your DJT stock before the plunge!!!

Good luck to the Orange Con Artist. And hope you all sold your DJT stock before the plunge!!!
I rode that thing like Seattle Slew. Took out a nice profit and left a small amount of house money for a "just in case" lottery ticket. I think one of the days I sold was a day that the people shorting lost 65 million. Fun times!

I rode that thing like Seattle Slew. Took out a nice profit and left a small amount of house money for a "just in case" lottery ticket. I think one of the days I sold was a day that the people shorting lost 65 million. Fun times!

I think the short sellers are pretty happy at this point.

Reactions: ILisBest
Dad played at West Point, she graduated from Indiana, and had a great career. Comes from a very successful family.

But the left disparages people like her and promotes people like Lizzo.
She is a fairly open-minded person, as well. Like me, she supports Tulsi for VP. Trump has never been a righty. He is a middle of the roader. He is just a new york brawler, which frankly speaking I've never been impressed by new yorkers in that sense. Now we have someone being considered for VP who was never a Republican, but left her party, because they left her values behind.

I think the short sellers are pretty happy at this point.
I am guessing some are. Some probably blew their wad before it tanked. I do not short stocks because I believe timing the market is mostly a fools game that can get very expensive.

Reactions: dtrain79
When does Trump's slow but steady polling decline over the last 30-45 days start to make people nervous? Nothing major has happened in the race beyond the matchup has crystallized - voters now have to come to terms with the shittiest possible matchup between ancient fools. And that seems to be benefitting Biden (who only needs to hold the three Northern swing states of MI/WI/PA to get to 270), who has gained on Trump.

This of course has come before Trump's legal problems are a nightly story - the next 2.5 months are going to be (a) Trump NY trial every day; (b) Trump immunity appeal heard by Supremes; (c) Trump trial verdict; (d) Supreme Court immunity ruling. The Trump legal drama will wane some by mid-summer, but it's going to be a lot from now until the end of June (and probably will pick up again in the fall).

And more importantly, most current polling doesn't screen for "likely voters." That's going to improve Biden's position.

432918356_10225858849243144_517779499403218809_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: bung23 and dtrain79
When does Trump's slow but steady polling decline over the last 30-45 days start to make people nervous? Nothing major has happened in the race beyond the matchup has crystallized - voters now have to come to terms with the shittiest possible matchup between ancient fools. And that seems to be benefitting Biden (who only needs to hold the three Northern swing states of MI/WI/PA to get to 270), who has gained on Trump.

This of course has come before Trump's legal problems are a nightly story - the next 2.5 months are going to be (a) Trump NY trial every day; (b) Trump immunity appeal heard by Supremes; (c) Trump trial verdict; (d) Supreme Court immunity ruling. The Trump legal drama will wane some by mid-summer, but it's going to be a lot from now until the end of June (and probably will pick up again in the fall).

And more importantly, most current polling doesn't screen for "likely voters." That's going to improve Biden's position.
A long way to go on this one imo.

The FBI director is sounding the alarm for a coordinated terrorist attack on US soil. If a bunch of illegals do something like he is warning against, Biden is toast.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT