ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

It is not about the cost but about getting coverage. Many years ago I hit a rough patch and took an anti-depressant for a period of time. I applied for an individual policy with BCBS four years after I stopped taking the meds and I was denied because of the meds. BCBS confirmed this was the reason I was denied as I had no other health issues.

With ACA, this denial of coverage would never happen today. FYI, when I go on to ACA I will pay the premium without any subsidy so there will be no governmental assistance.

Republicans can criticize ACA but what is their plan? They don't have one.
Yes, Jeff, they had the 2017 plan which McCain torpedoed. Why do you overlook that?

Sorry about your rough patch - glad you overcame it. Mental health (my take, not necessarily the reality here) is not being taken seriously in this country.

A generation of kids got their “news” from this hypocritical fool.

When did Jon Stewart become the county tax appraiser? Anyone who thinks this article says anything negative about Stewart is a moron - he didn’t value the asset.

When did Jon Stewart become the county tax appraiser? Anyone who thinks this article says anything negative about Stewart is a moron - he didn’t value the asset.
How do you sell a Penthouse for $17.5 mil when the assessor appraised it at $1.8 mil. It’s also the same appraisal method used by Letitia James to get Trump. Did you miss the Stewart quotes in the article? Someone didn’t pay enough taxes and committed fraud.

County tax appraiser? How well paid is that guy? Do you honestly believe the county guy is paid as much as the Big Bank appraiser for whale-sized loans?

Honestly, you deemed Trump guilty for overvaluing assets. In fact, as anybody who has ever taken a loan knows, the bank takes a hard look at your assets and debts before lending you money. Every time I got a loan, they told me I could have more! I said I don't want a bigger loan.

The NY case against Trump was total BS and will eventually be thrown out. However, a big win for liberals as they are waging lawfare against the one man trying to save the nation. They don't care about the long term damage to the "Justice" system or the country.

How do you sell a Penthouse for $17.5 mil when the assessor appraised it at $1.8 mil. It’s also the same appraisal method used by Letitia James to get Trump. Did you miss the Stewart quotes in the article? Someone didn’t pay enough taxes and committed fraud.

The appraiser did a poor job and/or the appraised value of assets in NYC is generally low as a matter of policy and not overtaxing citizens.

Trump’s valuation issue with his NY property in that case is that he tripled its actual size on the loan documents. Which turned out to be dumb.

Also quoting Tim Pool … lol … a former wild eyed lefty turned Trump grifter.

County tax appraiser? How well paid is that guy? Do you honestly believe the county guy is paid as much as the Big Bank appraiser for whale-sized loans?

Honestly, you deemed Trump guilty for overvaluing assets. In fact, as anybody who has ever taken a loan knows, the bank takes a hard look at your assets and debts before lending you money. Every time I got a loan, they told me I could have more! I said I don't want a bigger loan.

The NY case against Trump was total BS and will eventually be thrown out. However, a big win for liberals as they are waging lawfare against the one man trying to save the nation. They don't care about the long term damage to the "Justice" system or the country.

“The one man trying to save the nation” … not a cult.

Appellate court pretty clearly signaled this week that it is going to toss the non-interest penalty assessed against Trump; I suspect they will be less charitable about the money saved on interest.

It’s actually unknowable if DB lends to Trump if he doesn’t wildly inflate his assets. I guarantee you there was resistance to doing so on the commercial side, as he was untouchable in that market then. The private wealth guys felt differently and had a nice net worth statement to back their argument up.

Any which way, not surprised you are more fiscally responsible than Trump.

You’ve been wrong so much, you aren’t believable. BTW, if I wanted to actually search out posts about crime and illegals, i would post it a lot more. These posts just pop up. It literally takes no searching. This didn’t use to happen…Venezuelan. The people coming over the border now are not looking to blend in with our culture. They just found a different landscape in which to be a criminal. And speaking of criminals you are also wrong about the bill that was passed. It does more than just allow an owner to file an affidavit.

They just "pop-up" because you are cruising RW BS sites.

You’ve been wrong so much, you aren’t believable. BTW, if I wanted to actually search out posts about crime and illegals, i would post it a lot more. These posts just pop up. It literally takes no searching. This didn’t use to happen…Venezuelan. The people coming over the border now are not looking to blend in with our culture. They just found a different landscape in which to be a criminal. And speaking of criminals you are also wrong about the bill that was passed. It does more than just allow an owner to file an affidavit.

Yeah you believe the summary of Yahoo. I have been evicting people in Florida for 38 years.

Last edited:

Appellate court pretty clearly signaled this week that it is going to toss the non-interest penalty assessed against Trump; I suspect they will be less charitable about the money saved on interest.

It’s actually unknowable if DB lends to Trump if he doesn’t wildly inflate his assets. I guarantee you there was resistance to doing so on the commercial side, as he was untouchable in that market then. The private wealth guys felt differently and had a nice net worth statement to back their argument up.

Anyone that has dealt professionally with appraisers understand that they "determine" the just value based upon the purpose of their appraisal report, ie. loan, taxes, eminent domain.

Last edited:
Once again people posting of what they have NO knowledge...

Yes, I was a Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser, Licensed by the State of New Jersey, for about 4-5 years. I did hundreds of residential appraisals.
After attending classes AND passing the written test !
Read the Title carefully !

I was NOT allowed to appraise Commercial Property NOR Residences appraised above
$ 1,000,000 !

Commercial appraisers need years of experience and resumes of their work, to gain certification.

Large multi millions of dollars properties will have at least TWO. One company representing the borrower and one company the lender. They negotiate the valuation of the property and the lender the creditworthiness of the borrower for the property.

A large project report could be hundred's of pages long, with comparable buildings/projects to look at, to mitigate the risk to the lender.

The appraiser did a poor job and/or the appraised value of assets in NYC is generally low as a matter of policy and not overtaxing citizens.

Trump’s valuation issue with his NY property in that case is that he tripled its actual size on the loan documents. Which turned out to be dumb.

Appraiser's physically measure the properties they appraise and produce diagrams and photos of the properties.

Reactions: stoneaxe27
Appraiser's physically measure the properties they appraise and produce diagrams and photos of the properties.

The county appraiser isn’t doing that. Just going off what’s in the property records. Like they do for your home’s property taxes.

Anyhow, Trump’s issue on sizing for the NY penthouse was his own representation in what he presented to the bank on the property size, which was entirely false.

I’d be the first to acknowledge that Mar A Loser is worth way more than the Florida county appraisal. The problem is that Trump presents an inflated appraisal on what it is worth without any restrictions on the property (he made it a social club to lower his property value and taxes). However, it’s a restricted property, so the whole premise of his valuation is false.

Theres an argument the state of NY should not be involved in this matter. But there’s no argument Trump’s valuations were legit … they were almost all wildly inflated, usually under the guise the property had different uses and restrictions that actually existed.

The county appraiser isn’t doing that. Just going off what’s in the property records. Like they do for your home’s property taxes.

Anyhow, Trump’s issue on sizing for the NY penthouse was his own representation in what he presented to the bank on the property size, which was entirely false.

I’d be the first to acknowledge that Mar A Loser is worth way more than the Florida county appraisal. The problem is that Trump presents an inflated appraisal on what it is worth without any restrictions on the property (he made it a social club to lower his property value and taxes). However, it’s a restricted property, so the whole premise of his valuation is false.

Theres an argument the state of NY should not be involved in this matter. But there’s no argument Trump’s valuations were legit … they were almost all wildly inflated, usually under the guise the property had different uses and restrictions that actually existed.
County Property Appraiser's in Florida have appraisals for tax purposes that as a rule of thumb are 25% less than actual value. If they are not actively reappraising on a yearly basis, which many do not, the appraisals are far less than actual value.

Reactions: dtrain79

Triple, yet we have the property of a Democrat clown who spawned Colbert selling a property NY valued at $1.8 mil selling for $17.5 mil. Roughly 8 times the appraised price. So when Letitia James caught that wascally wabbit, Trump, she valued his property using the same essential appraisal/appraiser. There’s a reason his properties were over valued by a lot and it isn’t just because Trump exaggerated on a loan application, which according to you is triple, every bank individually confirming valuation with due diligence, and were still wanting to do business with him again. His kids are already back running the show. That got thrown out quickly. I couldn’t care less who Tim Pool is. I linked from a news article whose author is Mary K Jacobs. Also here is a direct quote from the article- “Stewart also contended that failing to declare a higher market value on a property, while paying taxes based on a lower assessed value, constitutes fraudulent behavior.” In Stewart’s own words, Stewart is a fraud.

Triple, yet we have the property of a Democrat clown who spawned Colbert selling a property NY valued at $1.8 mil selling for $17.5 mil. Roughly 8 times the appraised price. So when Letitia James caught that wascally wabbit, Trump, she valued his property using the same essential appraisal/appraiser. There’s a reason his properties were over valued by a lot and it isn’t just because Trump exaggerated on a loan application, which according to you is triple, every bank individually confirming valuation with due diligence, and were still wanting to do business with him again. His kids are already back running the show. That got thrown out quickly. I couldn’t care less who Tim Pool is. I linked from a news article whose author is Mary K Jacobs. Also here is a direct quote from the article- “Stewart also contended that failing to declare a higher market value on a property, while paying taxes based on a lower assessed value, constitutes fraudulent behavior.” In Stewart’s own words, Stewart is a fraud.

Do you not own property which is appraised by local taxing authorities? Stewart has zero control over what the authorities tax his property at. He can protest the assessment if he thinks it’s too high. You can’t “defraud” the local authorities here without some extremely complicated scheme that would likely need to go back to original construction (I doubt Stewart was the original owner).

Trump is not accused of defrauding the NY taxing authorities (which is what Stewart is being accused of). With his Trump Tower property, he is accused of submitting to the bank a property valuation that claims his Trump Tower penthouse is 3x bigger than it actually is. This is an easily verifiable falsehood. It is also not remotely similar to what happened with Stewart.

The reason they have to cite Tim Pool is because no one else is stupid enough to go on Twitter and make the claim he does. If the county undervalues Trump’s or Stewart’s property, that is the county’s problem. Neither is doing anything wrong. Everyone who owns a home and doesn’t have their head stuck up Trump’s ass should know this.

Btw, that article misrepresented about 7 other key facts in the case. One was Mar A Lago, which Trump value as if it were an unencumbered property. Except Trump himself encumbered it, massively lowering its value.

This is not very hard stuff here. You can think the Trump case is an abomination and the Stewart claim in that article remains laughably dumb.

Do you not own property which is appraised by local taxing authorities? Stewart has zero control over what the authorities tax his property at. He can protest the assessment if he thinks it’s too high. You can’t “defraud” the local authorities here without some extremely complicated scheme that would likely need to go back to original construction (I doubt Stewart was the original owner).

Trump is not accused of defrauding the NY taxing authorities (which is what Stewart is being accused of). With his Trump Tower property, he is accused of submitting to the bank a property valuation that claims his Trump Tower penthouse is 3x bigger than it actually is. This is an easily verifiable falsehood. It is also not remotely similar to what happened with Stewart.

The reason they have to cite Tim Pool is because no one else is stupid enough to go on Twitter and make the claim he does. If the county undervalues Trump’s or Stewart’s property, that is the county’s problem. Neither is doing anything wrong. Everyone who owns a home and doesn’t have their head stuck up Trump’s ass should know this.

Btw, that article misrepresented about 7 other key facts in the case. One was Mar A Lago, which Trump value as if it were an unencumbered property. Except Trump himself encumbered it, massively lowering its value.

This is not very hard stuff here. You can think the Trump case is an abomination and the Stewart claim in that article remains laughably dumb.
All of your assertions are correct. But I believe Trump did not accept the tax appraisals, I believe he petitioned to prove that they had his property valued too high. At the same time he was telling the banks that his property should be valued much higher than they were for tax assessments.

Reactions: dtrain79

The article was about John Stewart, not Trump. I don’t care that what Stewart did is legal. He presented it as fraud in his own words. It’s that simple. I don’t care who Tim Pool is. If you have a problem with Tim Pool, take it to him on X.

When progressives tell you something won’t happen, place a bet, because that something will happen frequently.
It is a pervert man. They exist all over. How many cameras in bathrooms, cameras in rentals, hotel rooms, how many under skirt shots. Has nothing to do with liberals or trans. All in your obsessed head.

• Haha
Reactions: SouthernmostIllini
It is a pervert man. They exist all over. How many cameras in bathrooms, cameras in rentals, hotel rooms, how many under skirt shots. Has nothing to do with liberals or trans. All in your obsessed head.

Perverted men have been empowered by progressive (and nonsensical) policy. People like you are the only subset of people that won’t speak up against men in women’s spaces. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

Progressives - closing schools won’t harm kids, they are resilient

Progressives - people should have access to areas based on how they feel, or tell people they feel. Physical biology is not important. Men won’t take advantage of this and invade women’s spaces.

Progressives - illegal immigrants don’t commit crime. Rapists and murderers are not crossing the border.

All progressive positions are ridiculous. Progressives don’t care that all of their positions were/are wrong, they only care that people highlight those terrible positions.

Last edited:
All of your assertions are correct. But I believe Trump did not accept the tax appraisals, I believe he petitioned to prove that they had his property valued too high. At the same time he was telling the banks that his property should be valued much higher than they were for tax assessments.
So, he basically did what most real estate developers do.

Massive commercial properties that are nice and in high demand areas are hard to value as they are very hard to come by. It is all an educated guessing game. That is why it can be a negotiated sum at that level because of the subjective nature. Lenders make signature loans with no collateral all the time. They are buying the person in massive commercial loans as much or more than the property.

You do realize you could prosecute potentially thousands of business people in NY on this type of charge? I wonder why they picked the Donald?

Banana Republic type stuff here

Double standard based on politics

The AG campaigned on attacking a person on the opposing political side. We have it on video. As an attorney, this should concern you. AG's ought not be political tools using their power as a wrecking ball for those they oppose.

Of course he did. Anybody who understands Trump's act knows this is his play.

Massive commercial properties that are nice and in high demand areas are hard to value as they are very hard to come by. It is all an educated guessing game. That is why it can be a negotiated sum at that level because of the subjective nature. Lenders make signature loans with no collateral all the time. They are buying the person in massive commercial loans as much or more than the property.

You do realize you could prosecute potentially thousands of business people in NY on this type of charge? I wonder why they picked the Donald?

The AG campaigned on attacking a person on the opposing political side. We have it on video. As an attorney, this should concern you. AG's ought not be political tools using their power as a wrecking ball for those they oppose.

This is an entirely different - AND MUCH BETTER - argument than "Jon Stewart is a hypocrite because local taxing authorities are incompetent."

Let's say Trump's properties were undervalued in NYC and he sold them for way more than the tax appraisal. My view is "good for him," that's entirely legal and good business.

The article was about John Stewart, not Trump. I don’t care that what Stewart did is legal. He presented it as fraud in his own words. It’s that simple. I don’t care who Tim Pool is. If you have a problem with Tim Pool, take it to him on X.

Here's the issue with the critique you are making in its own terms.

"Failing to declare a higher market value on a property ..." Stewart didn't declare any market value on his property, the county taxing authorities did. He has nothing to do with it. If Trump disagrees with his Mar-A-Loser valuation, he's well within his rights to tell the bank it's worth more (and Trump would be right in this). Of course, what Trump instead does is get an appraisal done regarding a property that doesn't exist (and inflates that). Which is the pretty obvious fraud there. He pulled a different con on the Trump Tower property ... just inflating its size. On other properties, he claimed there were development agreements for lots that didn't exist. Just one lie after another..

But if your property is worth more than the government decides to tax you at ... GOOD FOR YOU. You've done nothing wrong! And you pay less taxes. Good for Trump that the MAL value for taxing purposes is lower than the market value (it genuinely is, even with restrictions).

So everyone knows the actual facts on the MAL property. Trump made it into a "social club," so it can't be used as a single-family home (he does that anyway, but whatever). However, he must continue to admit members into his club. This massively lowers the value of the property, but also massively lowers the taxable value (which is what Trump wanted, at one point he couldn't afford the higher taxes, tho he could now). When Trump has it appraised for its actual value, he does so neglecting to appraise it as a "social club" (which it is) but instead as a private, unencumbered property (worth more).

The most amusing thing about this Trump case is - even if you think the case is total BS - his frauds are belligerently obvious. They aren't complicated, they are just easily disprovable falsehoods about property usage and size. The man is not a complex fraudster.

One other thing. When Trump got the DB loan, he wasn't able to get loans from any commercial lending outfits due to his bankruptcies. Which is a big part of the reason he wildly overinflated his assets, the private lending arm at DB needed that shit to make their case that the commercial lending market was in the wrong in by not lending to Trump.

Ironically, the private lenders turned out to be right on this front, and DB made plenty of money. That's the argument against the NY AG case against Trump. But his asset valuation was fraudulent as ****, and not the kind of "we valued it somewhat high" type fraud you are trying to imply here. Like obviously, easily verifiable BS that simply wasn't true. As with everything Trump, there's a ton of humor in the way things play out.

Here's the issue with the critique you are making in its own terms.

"Failing to declare a higher market value on a property ..." Stewart didn't declare any market value on his property, the county taxing authorities did. He has nothing to do with it. If Trump disagrees with his Mar-A-Loser valuation, he's well within his rights to tell the bank it's worth more (and Trump would be right in this). Of course, what Trump instead does is get an appraisal done regarding a property that doesn't exist (and inflates that). Which is the pretty obvious fraud there. He pulled a different con on the Trump Tower property ... just inflating its size. On other properties, he claimed there were development agreements for lots that didn't exist. Just one lie after another..

But if your property is worth more than the government decides to tax you at ... GOOD FOR YOU. You've done nothing wrong! And you pay less taxes. Good for Trump that the MAL value for taxing purposes is lower than the market value (it genuinely is, even with restrictions).

So everyone knows the actual facts on the MAL property. Trump made it into a "social club," so it can't be used as a single-family home (he does that anyway, but whatever). However, he must continue to admit members into his club. This massively lowers the value of the property, but also massively lowers the taxable value (which is what Trump wanted, at one point he couldn't afford the higher taxes, tho he could now). When Trump has it appraised for its actual value, he does so neglecting to appraise it as a "social club" (which it is) but instead as a private, unencumbered property (worth more).

The most amusing thing about this Trump case is - even if you think the case is total BS - his frauds are belligerently obvious. They aren't complicated, they are just easily disprovable falsehoods about property usage and size. The man is not a complex fraudster.
John Stewart is a fraud, according to his own words. Even if we were playing a game of scrabble there is no letter u or a letter p. You can’t spell Trump from John Stewart. John Stewart thinks undervaluing property is a crime (which it isn’t), but he used that principle to make a comment about Trump, so he is being hypocritical whether you believe it or not. In his own words he suggested property should be taxed at what its true value is. His gullible followers will believe that anyone who pays x amount of taxes when it’s proven to be valued significantly more should be considered a crime, as it isn’t victimless. It’s progressive BS that is getting mainstreamed, whether you and I think it’s good business and whether or not a city/county appraiser suffers from being stupid.

Reactions: ILisBest
John Stewart is a fraud, according to his own words. Even if we were playing a game of scrabble there is no letter u or a letter p. You can’t spell Trump from John Stewart. John Stewart thinks undervaluing property is a crime (which it isn’t), but he used that principle to make a comment about Trump, so he is being hypocritical whether you believe it or not. In his own words he suggested property should be taxed at what its true value is. His gullible followers will believe that anyone who pays x amount of taxes when it’s proven to be valued significantly more should be considered a crime, as it isn’t victimless. It’s progressive BS that is getting mainstreamed, whether you and I think it’s good business and whether or not a city/county appraiser suffers from being stupid.

I don't think you are accurately assessing what Jon Stewart said here. But if Stewart thinks that everyone should race out to give their higher property valuation to local authorities ... then sure he's a fraud.

I think what he's saying is that if you are inflating your valuation to third parties ... you have some moral obligation to do the same to the taxing authorities. That's hideously stupid, but it isn't fraudulent or hypocritical.

Love it when you find the Easter Egg!

• Haha
Reactions: bung23
Yes, Jeff, they had the 2017 plan which McCain torpedoed. Why do you overlook that?

Sorry about your rough patch - glad you overcame it. Mental health (my take, not necessarily the reality here) is not being taken seriously in this country.
A HUGE problem in US.

My Security job hospital had 3 lock down rooms for mental issue patients till a Psychiatrist MD could review them for more treatment, somewhere else.

At least once a week, we would be forced to go hands on, along with local Police , to do hard restraints 4 points.

Reactions: tjfleck6
The kids will never know what snow looks like - Global Warming Propagandists

My Grandsons that live with us W of WP, all know what it means when they are told to bundle up after a snow fall !

It's clear the driveway, sidewalks and decks of snow.

I became good Grandpa when I purchased battery operated hand shovels and snow blowers !

This headline is satirical, but seems sadly on point.

DeSantis' accomplishments are about 100x the accomplishments of "the only man trying to save America." And by "save America," we mean grift through politics the same way he grifted through business.
Unbelievably, he ran THIRD in the Florida primary ! ????

Disney Board gives up !

This headline is satirical, but seems sadly on point.

DeSantis' accomplishments are about 100x the accomplishments of "the only man trying to save America." And by "save America," we mean grift through politics the same way he grifted through business.

Lest you have forgotten, Desantis does not become governor if not for Donald J. Trump. Everything he has accomplished is thanks to your "grifter". Donald Trump gave us Ron Desantis.

Donald Trump despite your disdain, had a "fantastic first 3 years" according to Rill - the only guy who approved your message.

The headline is great because it is a contrast between DC "Republicans" and effective R governors like Desantis, Noem, and Abbott.

Reactions: ILisBest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT