ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Olbermann is a total nutjob and frankly quite rude. Nobody should even bother with his opinions.

Edited for spelling

What is he even doing these days? Been awhile since he’s been even marginally relevant.

He is almost like a left wing Tucker Carlson, tho that’s a far less lucrative place to be.

Reactions: Uncoach
What is he even doing these days? Been awhile since he’s been even marginally relevant.

He is almost like a left wing Tucker Carlson, tho that’s a far less lucrative place to be.
I have no idea. I would have never imagined how looney he was when was partnered with Dan Patrick on SportsCenter. His personality has to be wonderful, because ESPN and MSNBC couldn’t figure out how to work with that loon.

Regarding Carlson…he is correct about quite a few things he goes off on, so when one of his tangents is wrong, people pay no attention. That’s my guess. I don’t watch him personally.

Edit: I think Carlson is much like Trump, even though RDS was a superior candidate, too many people were locked into Trump. His “if they can go after me, they will go after you” comment resonates with quite a few folks. Looking at the absurd sentences some of the j6 protestors got for doing very little sort of proves his point. Tucker is wrong about some things, but people brush those off, because he opines about issues that hit close to home for his followers.
That’s the best explanation of Carlson’s continued popularity I can provide.

Last edited:
Something to look forward to this Fall for Stone, Train, and DR. Icky.

Who exactly are you arguing with here? And what is the argument?

I'm against vaccine mandates and haven't gotten a shot since spring 2021. But I also can take a look at the relative survival rates of the vaccinated and unvaccinated back then and note that it was better for at risk people to get vaccinated. For those at risk, it probably still provides some advantage, tho less and less with greater exposure to Covid.

On Day 1 this anti-American Democrat (redundant, I know) removed the shipping containers that Ducey had placed at the border. They talk about wanting a secure border, but in reality, Democrats with the exception of Fetterman, want it to run wide-open. Team Train!

According to a video on fi.com both Pearl and Adams attribute a large part of their success to Bart Miller…the coach Bielema hired. So there’s that.
I would have been all in for offering him an OL coaching position.

I see him as a poor game manager that doesn't like the portal, but at least he runs a boring offense. Not exactly a winning recipe. Most of Lovie's talent is gone. He now has his players.

Anyone calling for them to be in the upper part of the conference standings this year? I doubt it.

But hey, at least the old bottom feeder Kansas will embarrass us at home this year.

Last edited:
I would have been all in for offering him an OL coaching position.

I see him as a poor game manager that doesn't like the portal, but at least he runs a boring offense. Not exactly a winning recipe. Most of Lovie's talent is gone. He now has his players.

Anyone calling for them to be in the upper part of the conference standings this year? I doubt it.

But hey, at least the old bottom feeder Kansas will embarrass us at home this year.
If you considered the B1G as a whole we haven’t been in the upper part of the conference for years. So that metric is out of left field.

You’re like a lot of fans now days. What they haven’t seen on the field gets quickly forgotten. By any metric in existence Bielema has recruited better than Smith. Because you haven’t seen them yet doesn’t mean they won’t be good.

If you considered the B1G as a whole we haven’t been in the upper part of the conference for years. So that metric is out of left field.

You’re like a lot of fans now days. What they haven’t seen on the field gets quickly forgotten. By any metric in existence Bielema has recruited better than Smith. Because you haven’t seen them yet doesn’t mean they won’t be good.
Speaking as a football season ticket holder, I won’t hold my breath. Whatever happened to the hashtag #wewillwin? Two 5-7 seasons that should have been at least 6-6…bowling 3 straight years. Since Bielema was hired, I would like to see him have success. He is doing some things right to have a .500 or better record after year 3, but it’s hard to watch Kansas and seeing what LL has done there and not wonder what could have been had JW chosen who the public front runner was leading up to the announcement.

Reactions: ILisBest
Speaking as a football season ticket holder, I won’t hold my breath. Whatever happened to the hashtag #wewillwin? Two 5-7 seasons that should have been at least 6-6…bowling 3 straight years. Since Bielema was hired, I would like to see him have success. He is doing some things right to have a .500 or better record after year 3, but it’s hard to watch Kansas and seeing what LL has done there and not wonder what could have been had JW chosen who the public front runner was leading up to the announcement.
I actually wanted Liepold as coach.

Year before last Kansas was 6-7 and Illinois was 8-5. What were you saying after that season? You and the guy who claimed to dominate his statistics class don’t understand noise. Respond to the trend and not the moment is my advice.

Lovie didn't even try to recruit. BB is trying. So that is improvement.

LL was the move.

I actually wanted Liepold as coach.

Year before last Kansas was 6-7 and Illinois was 8-5. What were you saying after that season? You and the guy who claimed to dominate his statistics class don’t understand noise. Respond to the trend and not the moment is my advice.
You don’t know what I was saying after the 8-5 season. Drink another beer.

You were talking about Bielema having the best first two year record of any new coach at Illinois since Tepper?

No idea what the drink another beer comment means but it reads like an attempt at snark.

I have to ask…you went to the trouble to mention you’re a season ticket holder. Do you feel that lends a certain credibility to your opinion that non season ticket holders opinions don’t have? Just curious and, if so, why that is? Is that the reason you felt a snarky reply to my point was sufficient? Just checking.

You were talking about Bielema having the best first two year record of any new coach at Illinois since Tepper?

No idea what the drink another beer comment means but it reads like an attempt at snark.
Let’s get this straight.
1) I wanted LL
2) Since Bielema is at Illinois, I am going to hope he is a success, especially since his buyout seems quite prohibitive.
3) After 2 years, Bielema had a nice season, but backed into a bowl game and the defense didn’t look particularly sharp in certain situations without Walters calling the plays and the run first, ball control offense not looking very good without Chase Brown. Should have been a 10 win season. Nowhere have I mentioned Tepper/Bielema year 2. I have mentioned Bielema when someone mentioned he was a horrible coach. Comparatively speaking, Bielema has been good despite the dumpster fire handed to him. You know what the difference is between him and Tepper? Tepper was handed a program with a decade of success and effing tanked it. This is a specific conversation after 3 years, not 2.
4. You aren’t very bright, if all you can do is comment about losing games you should win and winning games you shouldn’t. Successful teams don’t lose to teams they shouldn’t. They do get a win or two against teams they should have lost to. It’s how you get years that are outstanding. Harbaugh won at Michigan doing that very thing.
5. Don’t ever misrepresent my position again.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtrain79
Let’s get this straight.
1) I wanted LL
2) Since Bielema is at Illinois, I am going to hope he is a success, especially since his buyout seems quite prohibitive.
3) After 2 years, Bielema had a nice season, but backed into a bowl game and the defense didn’t look particularly sharp in certain situations without Walters calling the plays and the run first, ball control offense not looking very good without Chase Brown. Should have been a 10 win season. Nowhere have I mentioned Tepper/Bielema year 2. I have mentioned Bielema when someone mentioned he was a horrible coach. Comparatively speaking, Bielema has been good despite the dumpster fire handed to him. You know what the difference is between him and Tepper? Tepper was handed a program with a decade of success and effing tanked it. This is a specific conversation after 3 years, not 2.
4. You aren’t very bright, if all you can do is comment about losing games you shoukd win and winning games you shouldn’t. Successful teams don’t lose to teams they shouldn’t. They do get a win or two against teams they should have lost to. It’s how you get years that are outstanding. Harbaugh won at Michigan doing that very thing.
5. Don’t ever misrepresent my position again.
Wow. Theres at least content there rather than just snark. But blanket statements like “successful teams don’t lose to teams they shouldn’t” is another attempt to obfuscate. Successful teams have winning records against teams they shouldn’t lose too.

In regard to the stuff about backing into a bowl game and not looking good without Walters is more half truths. They didn’t back into a bowl game at 8-4 and they had numerous non participants.

i can see why snark is your go to move.

Haley is dropping out. Race is setting up for old Trump vs Brandon’s unknown replacement.
Everyone needs to get off of the Biden dropping out belief. In fact, if you have been seeing Trumps melt downs and brain freezes, it is more likely that he will stroke out before the election. Very similar to Mitch's brain freezes, except Trump keeps talking. One look and you can see he is not healthy, and never had a healthy lifestyle. Biden at least has always exercised and took care of himself.

• Haha
Reactions: bung23
Wow. Theres at least content there rather than just snark. But blanket statements like “successful teams don’t lose to teams they shouldn’t” is another attempt to obfuscate. Successful teams have winning records against teams they shouldn’t lose too.

In regard to the stuff about backing into a bowl game and not looking good without Walters is more half truths. They didn’t back into a bowl game at 8-4 and they had numerous non participants.

i can see why snark is your go to move.
Illinois lost to Indiana, Purdue and Michigan State. All games they should have won. Illinois ended up going 8-5 finishing the season losing 4 of its final 5 games, including the bowl game. If you think they didn’t back into the bowl game they got, I have a bridge to sell you. Every team at bowl games have “missing participants”. Did you try to channel you inner Captain Obvious? I already mentioned Chase Brown being gone. You appear to enjoy talking out of your ass.

Everyone needs to get off of the Biden dropping out belief. In fact, if you have been seeing Trumps melt downs and brain freezes, it is more likely that he will stroke out before the election. Very similar to Mitch's brain freezes, except Trump keeps talking. One look and you can see he is not healthy, and never had a healthy lifestyle. Biden at least has always exercised and took care of himself.
Just say it. They both suck and are unfit. It’s ok to admit that “your guy” sucks too. Stop being mad that Trump is running and start being mad that they both are.

Biden isn’t going to drop out. The Dems are going to show him the door. As for Trump, I don’t wish health crises on anyone, but every politician you mentioned is too old to have any leadership position in DC. There have to be more honest medical examinations and cognitive testing of 75 and older in DC.

Brain-dead was a plagiarizing, lying dummy (bottom of his class) before he had his aneurysm. Now, a once just stupid man is a feeble, dementia ridden lying shell of his old racist self.

As for Trump, he's definitely eaten too much. However, he never drank and hasn't smoked. He is also smart enough to not get on a bike - and fall off of it.

Why won't Biden's doctor (Jim Biden's fellow scammer) talk to Peter Doocey? I'd say the press, but they are mostly lackeys.

Illinois lost to Indiana, Purdue and Michigan State. All games they should have won. Illinois ended up going 8-5 finishing the season losing 4 of its final 5 games, including the bowl game. If you think they didn’t back into the bowl game they got, I have a bridge to sell you. Every team at bowl games have “missing participants”. Did you try to channel you inner Captain Obvious? I already mentioned Chase Brown being gone. You appear to enjoy talking out of your ass.
Illinois had missing participants from what was a very thin roster left by Lovie. Weird that have explain this to a season ticket holder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT