ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

444944753_869434941896918_5618246078995453556_n.jpg
Some sick people on this Board. Helps explain MAGA.

This isn’t remotely believable. I was watching this launch live in 1986 on a big screen at college. There is no way anyone survived the Challenger disaster.

So the White House under Biden is trying to say, no, no, no, all this crime stuff is baloney. In San Francisco, in New York, Chicago, L.A., oh no, no, no, it is going down. So the FBI stats say this '22 to '23. We don't have the latest stats. 13% drop in murder, 6% drop in reported violent crime, 4% drop in reported property crime, 11% increase in motor vehicle theft. So that's a wash. Murders down a little bit, but I'm wondering myself, what really is going on? So we booked a good guest for you. His name is Detective David Sarni. He is a professor at John Jay College. The criminology program is best in the country. He has 28 years on the NYPD, and he joins us now from New York City. So, the perception of New York City, where we both are, is that the streets and the subways are unsafe. Yet the White House is saying, no, not really. What do you say, professor?

"If you look at the stats, the numbers are showing what they are, but there's a reality that you have to look behind those numbers. As you see a reduction in reported crime, and ou have to look at the kinds of the reported crime in general, if there is no report, there is no crime. And that's how police have to respond in that way. There's no report. We have nothing. You have a decrease in membership in police departments nationally. You have changes in the way complaint reports are generated. If you go to the West coast in the Bay area, they prioritize crime responses by police and other jurisdictions. You're talking about Pittsburgh being one of them. You're you're seeing a situation where they're closed on certain mornings. So you, when you reduce crime or reducing the reporting of it, or really reducing the criminality in itself...and that's the that's the area..."
Okay, that's what I think is going on. So Alvin Bragg, the district attorney in Manhattan who's prosecuting Trump, he declines to prosecute 60% of the arrests brought to his office. Six zero, which I think is a record. Never happened before, that many crimes. So you can commit a violent crime in New York City and you're not going to get prosecuted for it. That's pretty much what you're saying, right?

"What you're seeing, unfortunately, is when we had the Criminal Justice Reform Act that came into play around 2019, in New York State, the amount of paperwork to consider and actually prosecute cases became excessive. There was a time frame, a mandated time frame, in order to bring everything in, so the prosecutors didn't have any finances in order to do such a thing. There was no resources available to them. So in turn, because of that inability to resources, you have them either deferring prosecution or declining prosecution. Not only that, you're seeing also police and unfortunately, detectives, who I've I've talked to numerous times, they are frustrated that the cases they bring to the prosecutors are getting deferred declined..."

Right.

"...Without further investigate without."
And that's what's happening. So when you are speaking to civilians and should I come to New York City, on vacation for a weekend or all of that? I tell them you got to be very careful. Because you can get punched in the mouth and nothing's going to happen to the criminal, and the criminal knows that. Which is why you have all these random mental health crimes. There's no will in the state of New York to stop these people. None. There's no will. So social disorder, not only in the city of New York, but all over urban areas is rising because the people in charge, Alvin Bragg and the George Soros cadres, they're not interested in really getting these people off the streets. They feel sorry for them. Am I wrong?

"We have seen an enabling of criminality and we have seen, unfortunately, misdemeanors being declined, being dropped. You're seeing situations with police in general, not being, you know, they make the arrest, they're out within 2 or 3 hours. Desk appearance, take, it's gone. And by the time they prosecute this case, it's all. I mean, that's the reality. It's all finally what we're trying to do..."

Final question. I'm a student in your class. You're telling me what the reality is on the street because you know. I raised my hand, I said, well, professor, with all due respect, the Biden administration is saying that crime in America is going down and that we are safer under Joe Biden than we were under Trump and the other presidents before him. How do you reply to that?

"You have to look at facts and you have numbers, but you always look behind the numbers to begin with. I don't ever take one set of numbers as gospel...".
But do you say no? Do you tell the student no, that's not true, what you're saying, it's not safer under Biden. Do you say that?

"You can't say he's not. I'm not going to say it's not safer. Numbers wise, it looks it. But the reality and perception is criminals know what they get away with it. So you're seeing that crime anyway. We're seeing crime. And I think when you see the crimes that are taking place and you see them almost daily."

Because of all the cameras that are everywhere. All right, professor, thanks very much. We appreciate it. And we will continue to report honestly on the crime situation.

A pretty good interview discussing crime in the US that has been debated here.

Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach
So the White House under Biden is trying to say, no, no, no, all this crime stuff is baloney. In San Francisco, in New York, Chicago, L.A., oh no, no, no, it is going down. So the FBI stats say this '22 to '23. We don't have the latest stats. 13% drop in murder, 6% drop in reported violent crime, 4% drop in reported property crime, 11% increase in motor vehicle theft. So that's a wash. Murders down a little bit, but I'm wondering myself, what really is going on? So we booked a good guest for you. His name is Detective David Sarni. He is a professor at John Jay College. The criminology program is best in the country. He has 28 years on the NYPD, and he joins us now from New York City. So, the perception of New York City, where we both are, is that the streets and the subways are unsafe. Yet the White House is saying, no, not really. What do you say, professor?

"If you look at the stats, the numbers are showing what they are, but there's a reality that you have to look behind those numbers. As you see a reduction in reported crime, and ou have to look at the kinds of the reported crime in general, if there is no report, there is no crime. And that's how police have to respond in that way. There's no report. We have nothing. You have a decrease in membership in police departments nationally. You have changes in the way complaint reports are generated. If you go to the West coast in the Bay area, they prioritize crime responses by police and other jurisdictions. You're talking about Pittsburgh being one of them. You're you're seeing a situation where they're closed on certain mornings. So you, when you reduce crime or reducing the reporting of it, or really reducing the criminality in itself...and that's the that's the area..."
Okay, that's what I think is going on. So Alvin Bragg, the district attorney in Manhattan who's prosecuting Trump, he declines to prosecute 60% of the arrests brought to his office. Six zero, which I think is a record. Never happened before, that many crimes. So you can commit a violent crime in New York City and you're not going to get prosecuted for it. That's pretty much what you're saying, right?

"What you're seeing, unfortunately, is when we had the Criminal Justice Reform Act that came into play around 2019, in New York State, the amount of paperwork to consider and actually prosecute cases became excessive. There was a time frame, a mandated time frame, in order to bring everything in, so the prosecutors didn't have any finances in order to do such a thing. There was no resources available to them. So in turn, because of that inability to resources, you have them either deferring prosecution or declining prosecution. Not only that, you're seeing also police and unfortunately, detectives, who I've I've talked to numerous times, they are frustrated that the cases they bring to the prosecutors are getting deferred declined..."

Right.

"...Without further investigate without."
And that's what's happening. So when you are speaking to civilians and should I come to New York City, on vacation for a weekend or all of that? I tell them you got to be very careful. Because you can get punched in the mouth and nothing's going to happen to the criminal, and the criminal knows that. Which is why you have all these random mental health crimes. There's no will in the state of New York to stop these people. None. There's no will. So social disorder, not only in the city of New York, but all over urban areas is rising because the people in charge, Alvin Bragg and the George Soros cadres, they're not interested in really getting these people off the streets. They feel sorry for them. Am I wrong?

"We have seen an enabling of criminality and we have seen, unfortunately, misdemeanors being declined, being dropped. You're seeing situations with police in general, not being, you know, they make the arrest, they're out within 2 or 3 hours. Desk appearance, take, it's gone. And by the time they prosecute this case, it's all. I mean, that's the reality. It's all finally what we're trying to do..."

Final question. I'm a student in your class. You're telling me what the reality is on the street because you know. I raised my hand, I said, well, professor, with all due respect, the Biden administration is saying that crime in America is going down and that we are safer under Joe Biden than we were under Trump and the other presidents before him. How do you reply to that?

"You have to look at facts and you have numbers, but you always look behind the numbers to begin with. I don't ever take one set of numbers as gospel...".
But do you say no? Do you tell the student no, that's not true, what you're saying, it's not safer under Biden. Do you say that?

"You can't say he's not. I'm not going to say it's not safer. Numbers wise, it looks it. But the reality and perception is criminals know what they get away with it. So you're seeing that crime anyway. We're seeing crime. And I think when you see the crimes that are taking place and you see them almost daily."

Because of all the cameras that are everywhere. All right, professor, thanks very much. We appreciate it. And we will continue to report honestly on the crime situation.

A pretty good interview discussing crime in the US that has been debated here.

You might want to immediately stop reading when a person calls a massive drop in murder and significant drops in other violent and property crimes a “wash” because auto theft is up a good amount. Talking about straining credulity. Also how do you hide murders?

The “it wasn’t reported” is a canard for “I don’t like the data” and refuse to be honest to my reader. Again, if we acknowledge why crime spiked, it’s easy to know why it’s declining without giving Old Joe an ounce of credit.

I forgot we have snowflakes on here that will pretend to have problems with satire. I hope you are ok counselor as this joke could have left a mark on your soft feelings. :rolleyes:
Might get a chuckle with that from a bunch of 5th Graders.

It’s amazing how reported crime keeps dropping, when Dem leaders want to stop prosecuting crime. Maybe we can pay millions for a huge study to see if there is any correlation.

Despite your holding to this argument, aren’t the crime numbers in Denver up a lot right now?

Reactions: rillaman
Despite your holding to this argument, aren’t the crime numbers in Denver up a lot right now?

Yes, but not all cities/counties/states are operating the same way. I have a hard time believing Denver is a crazy outlier, especially when we have Dem leaders talking about not prosecuting crime in other major cities.

Reactions: ILisBest and bung23
Yes, but not all cities/counties/states are operating the same way. I have a hard time believing Denver is a crazy outlier, especially when we have Dem leaders talking about not prosecuting crime in other major cities.
If they stop prosecuting crime, eventually the victims understand it isn't even worth reporting the crime.

Reactions: ILisBest and bung23
You might want to immediately stop reading when a person calls a massive drop in murder and significant drops in other violent and property crimes a “wash” because auto theft is up a good amount. Talking about straining credulity. Also how do you hide murders?

The “it wasn’t reported” is a canard for “I don’t like the data” and refuse to be honest to my reader. Again, if we acknowledge why crime spiked, it’s easy to know why it’s declining without giving Old Joe an ounce of credit.
You "hide" murder stats by not reporting criminal acts to the new FBI recording system.

Then they just ESTIMATE the entered numbers.

Which I have alerted you to at least TWO SEPARATE times !

It’s a complete outlier. I do live in a big city as well.

Weight murders most heavily in any analysis. It is both the biggest indicator of chaos and the crime you can’t hide. Also hard to hide other violent felonies and more serious property crime.

You "hide" murder stats by not reporting criminal acts to the new FBI recording system.

Then they just ESTIMATE the entered numbers.

Which I have alerted you to at least TWO SEPARATE times !

So far gone. Every local news outlet in the country could track and report on this. Murders are dropping like a rock, and you are here looking foolish arguing otherwise.

If they stop prosecuting crime, eventually the victims understand it isn't even worth reporting the crime.

No one has stopped prosecuting murders or violent felonies. Sometimes it’s OK to admit you didn’t see what was coming. Again, the crime rate is not only dropping but will continue to drop. This is good. And it has zilch to do with Biden.

Some mentally deranged morons on this board… helps explain the left

Battle of ideas, not of insults! Both sides too committed to denigrating the other. I mostly favor conservative views, but I don't think either side is composed of "bad people."

Even one member of the Pedo Party has had enough. Not Stone! And Train is signing up as a new member! “Independent”

Reactions: bung23
It’s a complete outlier. I do live in a big city as well.

Weight murders most heavily in any analysis. It is both the biggest indicator of chaos and the crime you can’t hide. Also hard to hide other violent felonies and more serious property crime.

I agree, we should weigh murders most heavily. I do that when I look at crime now, compared to 5 years prior. I'm pretty sure Dallas is your city.

Dallas - 196
Denver - 65

Dallas - 246
Denver - 88

Yes, murders are down from apocalyptic times. But the #s show, there are a lot more murders in both of our cities, compared to 5 years ago. 25% increase in Dallas. 35% increase in Denver. I can see why you are a great attorney, because there is not a strong argument that crime is down in our cities.

Reactions: flight 33
Some people KNOW it is wrong to oppose financing Ukraine in a proxy war. Those same people will vote Joe! in November.

Reactions: ILisBest
I agree, we should weigh murders most heavily. I do that when I look at crime now, compared to 5 years prior. I'm pretty sure Dallas is your city.

Dallas - 196
Denver - 65

Dallas - 246
Denver - 88

Yes, murders are down from apocalyptic times. But the #s show, there are a lot more murders in both of our cities, compared to 5 years ago. 25% increase in Dallas. 35% increase in Denver. I can see why you are a great attorney, because there is not a strong argument that crime is down in our cities.

Yeah, Dallas has had one of the weirdest murder situations in the country in recent years. They are down pretty big in 2024 I believe, but there's still plenty of ways to go.

I've discussed this in prior posts tho (we haven't adhered to national trendlines, but that finally seems to be changing).

And again, the national murder rate was down like 11-12% in 2023 after falling like 6% in 2022.

Yeah, Dallas has had one of the weirdest murder situations in the country in recent years. They are down pretty big in 2024 I believe, but there's still plenty of ways to go.

I've discussed this in prior posts tho (we haven't adhered to national trendlines, but that finally seems to be changing).

And again, the national murder rate was down like 11-12% in 2023 after falling like 6% in 2022.

Where was it in 2023, compared to 2018? I haven't looked, genuinely curious.

Where was it in 2023, compared to 2018? I haven't looked, genuinely curious.

I believe it was still up, there was a big spike in the latter half of 2020 and especially 2021. But people think 2024, based on Q1 returns, may actually go below where things stood prior to the pandemic. It's a good question tho.

Crime is definitely up from 5 years ago generally. But I think we know the main reason why - Covid chaos (among criminologists, this isn't much of a debate). And so with that receding, crime is also receding. Doesn't mean it's uniform or that a progressive DA can't screw it up in a certain city. But generally, crime is receding towards the pre-pandemic era.

Reactions: rillaman
Battle of ideas, not of insults! Both sides too committed to denigrating the other. I mostly favor conservative views, but I don't think either side is composed of "bad people."
The sub-headline seems a bit hyperbolic, but it is happening, even if creeping along.

• Angry
Reactions: bung23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT