ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

America hasn’t benefited Whatsoever by its military spending. It is an empire that is headed for collapse due to debt and military overextension .……….as far as coaches dtrain has been wrong on, the list is huge

You're a ****ing moron and a total pussy. Run the ball, you ****ing coward.

I've been incredibly right across the board on football coaches. It's laughable how small the list of my misses is, especially considering I have an opinion on almost every one of the guys at major schools. If you're on my bad list, odds are almost certain you'll leave in shame lol.

So glad to have left the party of braindead idiots like Flight33 behind. Glad they are recycling old lefty talking points. Military-industrial complex.

I think Musk had the correct take on this a year ago. We do not have a leader that cares about spending, led alone one that could lead a resolution to any complicated problems.

I am probably somewhere in-between you guys on this. The US has to be involved overseas. With that said, the cost should be minimized and there should be an end game. Europe should be funding/ participating more than the US as it is in their backyard. That doesn't appear to be case to me. According to this article, as of July, the US is way out in front in total dollars contributed.

July 2023 money spent

I am guessing the US taxpayer is out of steam on this war. Any future political candidate needs to be very aware of this.

Trump has plenty of problems, but this is not one of them. There is no chance this nonsense or expense is going on if he is in the WH.

For the record, the Ds in the Senate are against a stand alone aid package to Israel. That could hurt them with their Jewish donors. That is not the end for them, but there is many slices to a pie. Mistakes on top of mistakes. The right needs to now move away from abortion fights.

It's very difficult to compare US spending on Ukraine to European countries because our economy and budget are just massively bigger than theirs. I think the fairer argument is that the larger Euro nations not named the UK don't carry the appropriate weight on this spending; lots of other Euro countries have contributed pretty substantially compared to what you'd expect.

There are sensible arguments that the US has to exert some additional pressure on Ukraine to end the war IF Ukraine is no longer able to reclaim much territory. But what would go along with that is (a) incorporating Ukraine into the western European model sooner rather than later and (b) providing it the security guarantees for the remainder of its territory since. Putin has been a bad actor and he keeps doing this. Positive is he will be dead soon; negative is the replacement might be worse (but might be less bad). Who knows???

Reactions: Uncoach
You're a ****ing moron and a total pussy. Run the ball, you ****ing coward.

I've been incredibly right across the board on football coaches. It's laughable how small the list of my misses is, especially considering I have an opinion on almost every one of the guys at major schools. If you're on my bad list, odds are almost certain you'll leave in shame lol.

So glad to have left the party of braindead idiots like Flight33 behind. Glad they are recycling old lefty talking points. Military-industrial complex.
B##$h go on your psych meds you piece of shit

chad Morris
Jim Harbaugh - the game has passed him
chris tamas
scott frost
Bielema “dead on arrival”

America hasn’t benefited Whatsoever by its military spending. It is an empire that is headed for collapse due to debt and military overextension .……….as far as coaches dtrain has been wrong on, the list is huge

I don't think you want to know how little respect I have for people who think the fringe right Trump infotainment folks are onto something when they say shit like "failed empire." These people are so dumb it's not funny. I can assure you that Russia, China, and Iran are thinking "I hope we didn't piss them off too much" with our usual chicanery.

I do agree with you on one thing. The debt is a major problem. America needs to stop its spending problem. The military will be impacted by that. But so will the other 5/6s of our budget.

B##$h go on your psych meds you fat piece of shit

You're a pussy. You know my name ... you know where I live ... and you remain an anonymous loser who would never do shit to back up the crap you are trying to talk.

What a man!

The fact I call you a pussy doesn't indicate any mental imbalance. It just means I think you're a pussy. Best and I actually know each other, I doubt he thinks I have any psych issues.

You're a pussy. You know my name ... you know where I live ... and you remain an anonymous loser who would never do shit to back up the crap you are trying to talk.

What a man!

The fact I call you a pussy doesn't indicate any mental imbalance. It just means I think you're a pussy. Best and I actually know each other, I doubt he thinks I have any psych issues.
You are a piece of Shit That has repeatedly been kicked off boards cause you have a mental imbalance . No one threatened you dumbass. Military industrial complex was coined by a Republican and is a libertarian talking point.

B##$h go on your psych meds you piece of shit

chad Morris
Jim Harbaugh - the game has passed him
chris tamas
scott frost
Bielema “dead on arrival”

I was wholly wrong on Scott Frost. I didn't exactly ride or die with ... Chad Morris. Really? Interestingly, not sold Arkansas would have been worse by sticking it out with him, the next hire is also about to get run (the job is tough, even I acknowledged that about BB when he was there).

Pretty sure my take on Big Bret was I hated the hire but he was capable of going 6-6. Is that wrong? I also called for the hiring of ... Lance Leipold.

I actually liked the Harbaugh hire, but I was absolutely down on him after 2019-20. All credit to Jim for turning it around, it's been something. I wish Harbaugh were a bit more creative, but the B1G isn't really demanding that until next year with those new high-powered offenses. Maybe UM can out talent them, tho he may have left for Oakland or Chicago.

I'm pretty sure that our big arguments were Jeff Brohm, Mike Leach, and Dino Babers. I won't say the third was great on my end, but I guess he's done alright by the standards of Syracuse (tough job today). The first two ... those look better every day.

You are a piece of Shit That has repeatedly been kicked off boards cause you have a mental imbalance . No one threatened you dumbass. Military industrial complex was coined by a Republican and is a libertarian talking point.

Repeatedly kicked off boards? I mean, I got kicked off Illini Guys because Ahlen and I hated each other for years. I mean, hated. If you hate the guy running the board and he hates you, probably not going to last. Bemusingly, I still hear from several of the other owners.

I am a dickhead, I know that. But it's intentional, because people need sense talked into them.

I was wholly wrong on Scott Frost. I didn't exactly ride or die with ... Chad Morris. Really? Interestingly, not sold Arkansas would have been worse by sticking it out with him, the next hire is also about to get run (the job is tough, even I acknowledged that about BB when he was there).

Pretty sure my take on Big Bret was I hated the hire but he was capable of going 6-6. Is that wrong? I also called for the hiring of ... Lance Leipold.

I actually liked the Harbaugh hire, but I was absolutely down on him after 2019-20. All credit to Jim for turning it around, it's been something. I wish Harbaugh were a bit more creative, but the B1G isn't really demanding that until next year with those new high-powered offenses. Maybe UM can out talent them, tho he may have left for Oakland or Chicago.

I'm pretty sure that our big arguments were Jeff Brohm, Mike Leach, and Dino Babers. I won't say the third was great on my end, but I guess he's done alright by the standards of Syracuse (tough job today). The first two ... those look better every day.
I already conceded that Brohm is a stud…..as far as wars, come on……how can anyone justify this disaster in Ukraine?

Eisenhower coined it, the left used it to attack our military for years.

Eisenhower coined it, the left used it to attack our military for years.
The left isn’t much different than the right. They cut military budgets marginally compared to Republicans. The truly different on this are people like Ron Paul….and no one is attacking the military.

I already conceded that Brohm is a stud…..as far as wars, come on……how can anyone justify this disaster in Ukraine?

Exactly what is the disaster? Russia invaded to topple the government and take most or all of the territory. Russia lost in that effort. However, it did win real and meaningful gains in southern Ukraine and some smaller and less important ones in the eastern part of the country.

The war has largely been a stalemate since Ukraine had two successful counteroffensives in late 2022.

All of this is objective fact. Not sure what the disaster has been.

The left isn’t much different than the right. They cut military budgets marginally compared to Republicans. The truly different on this are people like Ron Paul….and no one is attacking the military.

Ron Paul is a crazy bastard who is not wrong on everything. Rand is less crazy and more right than his father. He was very right on Covid for example. I think he’s wrong on geopolitics but not invalidly so.

I do find it weird that Ron’s purportedly libertarian minds went so hard for a statist in Trump. Blows my mind. But makes me think it’s the people who believe in conspiracies, not libertarianism, that loved Ron.

By the way, you all will lose with Trump to a terrible candidate. Might want to go a different direction.

Reactions: JeffT818
Exactly what is the disaster? Russia invaded to topple the government and take most or all of the territory. Russia lost in that effort. However, it did win real and meaningful gains in southern Ukraine and some smaller and less important ones in the eastern part of the country.

The war has largely been a stalemate since Ukraine had two successful counteroffensives in late 2022.

All of this is objective fact. Not sure what the disaster has been.
I absolutely disagree.
1. The Russians wanted to take the areas that are ethnically Russian because the Ukrainians were not exactly nice to them. The Ukrainians indeed have a nazi problem as verified by multiple western media outlets.
2. The Americans promised Gorbachev to not expand NATO east when Germany was unified. The neocons have had other ideas and repeatedly done just that. The Russians do not want NATO a in Ukraine.
3. In 2014, the CIA funded a coup in Ukraine to install a pro western government that was seen as a threat by the Russians.
There is leaked audio of Victoria Nuland talking about who they(US) want to install in the puppet government.
4. Do you know who has always thwarted peace agreements between Ukraine and Russia? The Americans of course. They deliberately botched the Minsk accords on two separate occasions.
5. The CIA most definitely blew up the Nordstream 2 and blamed the Russians. There is a reason the western media has been silent about this But Seymour Hersh wrote a great article on sub stack about this.
6. The entire objective of the US is regime change which almost always ends in disaster. We are talking about a nuclear power.
7. while we protect the Europeans with our tax dollars, they have funded Russian coffers for decades.
8. The counter offensives have been failures and they took almost none of the territory back.
9. 200 billion dollars and hundreds of thousands of dead people later we are back where we started. Kissinger said this was not winnable for Ukraine and he was right.

….an all around catastrophe in every sense imaginable

I absolutely disagree.
1. The Russians wanted to take the areas that are ethnically Russian because the Ukrainians were not exactly nice to them. The Ukrainians indeed have a nazi problem as verified by multiple western media outlets.
2. The Americans promised Gorbachev to not expand NATO east when Germany was unified. The neocons have had other ideas and repeatedly done just that. The Russians do not want NATO a in Ukraine.
3. In 2014, the CIA funded a coup in Ukraine to install a pro western government that was seen as a threat by the Russians.
There is leaked audio of Victoria Nuland talking about who they(US) want to install in the puppet government.
4. Do you know who has always thwarted peace agreements between Ukraine and Russia? The Americans of course. They deliberately botched the Minsk accords on two separate occasions.
5. The CIA most definitely blew up the Nordstream 2 and blamed the Russians. There is a reason the western media has been silent about this But Seymour Hersh wrote a great article on sub stack about this.
6. The entire objective of the US is regime change which almost always ends in disaster. We are talking about a nuclear power.
7. while we protect the Europeans with our tax dollars, they have funded Russian coffers for decades.
8. The counter offensives have been failures and they took almost none of the territory back.
9. 200 billion dollars and hundreds of thousands of dead people later we are back where we started. Kissinger said this was not winnable for Ukraine and he was right.

….an all around catastrophe in every sense imaginable
Did Putin write this for you? No 1. is laughable. Putin wants to reestablish the Soviet Union.
So Putin invaded Ukraine because he was concerned about the ethnic Russians? LOL
I did not realize Putin was such a humanitarian and had such concern for the Russian people!

Better to stop Putin in the Ukraine instead of having Putin take Ukraine and move on to the Baltics which are NATO members. That would be a crapfest.

Reactions: dtrain79
Ron Paul is a crazy bastard who is not wrong on everything. Rand is less crazy and more right than his father. He was very right on Covid for example. I think he’s wrong on geopolitics but not invalidly so.

I do find it weird that Ron’s purportedly libertarian minds went so hard for a statist in Trump. Blows my mind. But makes me think it’s the people who believe in conspiracies, not libertarianism, that loved Ron.

By the way, you all will lose with Trump to a terrible candidate. Might want to go a different direction.
The Paul’s have been anti war ….nothing wrong with that…The neocons are ready to start a war with Iran . Dumbass Nikki Haley said that “this is an attack on America“ when Hamas attacked Israel Cheered on by clowns like Lindsey graham and Dan Crenshaw.

The US spends more money on defense(of mostly foreign countries) than the next 10 countries combined. The US also spends a larger portion of the GDP than any Eurozone countries that don’t meet their obligations and as Trump correctly said have taken advantage of us for decade.
BS. We spend on defense and arm our allies to protect US.

Did Putin write this for you? No 1. is laughable. Putin wants to reestablish the Soviet Union.
So Putin invaded Ukraine because he was concerned about the ethnic Russians? LOL
I did not realize Putin was such a humanitarian and had such concern for the Russian people!

It’s insane drivel from him. Dude accused me of being unwell. And to the extent I’ve had enough from people like him who are conspiracy-addled idiots, I’m well beyond my limit of tolerance. I’ve said my peace. I will block Flight knowing nothing he says is worth a second of my time.

I did not realize Putin was such a humanitarian and such concern for the Russian people!
What’s laughable? It was reported in the Times before the war ….Putin is not stupid enough to think he can reestablish the Soviet Union. He already said the Russians would have no chance against NATO.

You sound like Dr. Jill Stein.

It’s insane drivel from him. Dude accused me of being unwell. And to the extent I’ve had enough from people like him who are conspiracy-addled idiots, I’m well beyond my limit of tolerance. I’ve said my peace. I will block Flight knowing nothing he says is worth a second of my time.

What’s laughable? It was reported in the Times before the war ….Putin is not stupid enough to think he can reestablish the Soviet Union. He already said the Russians would have no chance against NATO.
If Putin did not run into a meat grinder in the Ukraine and took the country with ease, you actually think he would stop there? Putin would try to reestablish a sphere of influence in Eastern Europe. He would be emboldened with an easy victory. With the Ukraine war, all can see that the Russian military is a joke and this changes the political calculus by the West with respect to Russia going forward.

JHC, what an idiotic statement. Putin feels for the ethnic Russians in the Ukraine, but he treats the Russians in Russia like expendable animals. How many in prison, labor camps , assassinated for disagreeing or seeking freedom? How many Russians died in the meat grinders fighting in Ukraine? You can't believe the Russian propaganda you are spouting..

If Putin did not run into a meat grinder in the Ukraine and took the country with ease, you actually think he would stop there? Putin would try to reestablish a sphere of influence in Eastern Europe. He would be emboldened with an easy victory. With the Ukraine war, all can see that the Russian military is a joke and this changes the political calculus by the West with respect to Russia going forward.

Bingo. Dude couldn’t project power 50 miles from his borders. He was totally exposed.

Reactions: Uncoach
I don’t believe that was his objective. I think he wanted to gain control of the ethnically Russian areas.

Baker again assures Gorbachev that “neither the President nor I intend to extract any unilateral advantages from the processes taking place,” and that the Americans understand the importance for the USSR and Europe of guarantees that “not an inch of NATO’s present military jurisdiction will spread in an eastern direction.” Gorbachev responds by quoting Polish President (and former dictator) Jaruzelski: “that the presence of American and Soviet troops in Europe is an element of stability.”

Baker again assures Gorbachev that “neither the President nor I intend to extract any unilateral advantages from the processes taking place,” and that the Americans understand the importance for the USSR and Europe of guarantees that “not an inch of NATO’s present military jurisdiction will spread in an eastern direction.” Gorbachev responds by quoting Polish President (and former dictator) Jaruzelski: “that the presence of American and Soviet troops in Europe is an element of stability.”
What is your point?

1. The Russians wanted to take the areas that are ethnically Russian because the Ukrainians were not exactly nice to them. The Ukrainians indeed have a nazi problem as verified by multiple western media outlets
Too many "western media outlets" are unreliable. Additionally, Ukraine has such a nazi problem that they have a former Jewish comedian as their leader, well he's still Jewish, just forgot how to be funny.

Too many "western media outlets" are unreliable. Additionally, Ukraine has such a nazi problem that they have a former Jewish comedian as their leader, well he's still Jewish, just forgot how to be funny.
That would be the BBC , Reuters and the New York Times. Those outlets reported on the Azov battalion terrorizing the locals in the Donbas but did a 180 degree pivot when the war started.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT