ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

I don't believe you can blame anyone. The media does not drive opinion. Popular personalities like Tucker Carlson are popular because they mirror back to their audiences what they believe. They don't influence they just reflect.

Trump got booed at his own rallies when he recommended the vaccine and the booster.

There is a group of Americans that have a great distrust of the government and nobody is going to convince them of anything. If the vaccine was pure perfection, they still would not take it. It is just the way it is.
But yet in reality we are seeing it's not so people do distrust it.

You can live in your world of hypotheticals. It's a lot easier to run with false narrative I guess.

Yep. It's why, despite me having posted quite a bit of times on this since Biden took control, you've never once seen me remotely blame Biden for our current situation.

The blame game is just so exhausting with this. Bunch of political pandering and that's it.
Great tohear your Wife's talents are blooming !

You can live in your world of hypotheticals. It's a lot easier to run with false narrative I guess.

Yep, he is as usual wrong to a large extent. If it was perfect, the vaccinated like @JeffT818 wouldn't be scared witless of the unvaccinated. But, they are..

I was out walking the other night and saw the following sign in a front yard (realtor sized): "Vaccinated House!! No one within 6 feet of property without proof of vaccine"

Remarkably, I feel really sorry for these people. The Fake News and Democrats (one and the same) have ruined these people for life. I do have a contact in that neighborhood, and like @JeffT818 , they were and probably are big-time Biden supporters.

• Haha
Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach
So the plan to get a handle on the pandemic was to take a vaccine that was "not to be trusted" and then claim it to be lifesaving.

Now the pandemic is MY fault?

Pandemic isn't under control but 65% or so are.
DOH!

DOH! You and last poster proving my point about stupidity.
268495269_450194299900519_7287435209548572021_n.jpg

There is a history of people believing anti-government conspiracies. JFK, 9/11, Qanon etc. Regarding Covid, a certain population in this country is going to believe crazy stuff no matter what the truth is.

Reactions: stoneaxe27
Homer says "Doh!" when he realizes his own stupidity. He does not say it in reference to others stupidity.

1 step at a time.
I guess that is the kind of informative entertainment that you guys watch.

Yep. It's why, despite me having posted quite a bit of times on this since Biden took control, you've never once seen me remotely blame Biden for our current situation.

The blame game is just so exhausting with this. Bunch of political pandering and that's it.
I do blame him for saying he wouldn't mandate vaccines and subsequently mandating vaccines. I also blame Brandon and his flunkies for not following the science.

No mention of Russia. Huh.
You can include Russia if you want but it did not create a subculture like the others. I don't recall Russia conspiracy conventions like 9/11 and Qanon. My point is that a group of US citizens don't trust the government and this distrust will lead them to hold opinions that are not necessarily based in reality.

I watch the show and learn the meaning of a made up word.

You watch the show and learn a made up word.

Subtle but different ways of seeing the world.
No subtle difference. I have never watched the show. You seem to watch it quite a bit. Explains a lot.

You can include Russia if you want but it did not create a subculture like the others. I don't recall Russia conspiracy conventions like 9/11 and Qanon. My point is that a group of US citizens don't trust the government and this distrust will lead them to hold opinions that are not necessarily based in reality.
Agree to disagree. Those conspiracy conventions were held nightly on MSM. Easily the biggest subculture of them all.

No mention of Russia. Huh.
Read the Mueller Report and the Republican authored Senate Intelligence Committee Report. Russia and complicity with the Trump campaign are established beyond a doubt(as demonstrated by the Republican authors of each report). Only Trump and RW media call it a hoax.

There is a history of people believing anti-government conspiracies. JFK, 9/11, Qanon etc. Regarding Covid, a certain population in this country is going to believe crazy stuff no matter what the truth is.
Try to take this down whatever tangent you want to the reality is this isn't 100% effective nor is it 100% safe.

Should more people be taking it? I'm not disputing that.

Try to take this down whatever tangent you want to the reality is this isn't 100% effective nor is it 100% safe.

Should more people be taking it? I'm not disputing that.
People can get vaccinated or not. It is their choice. The vaccine is far fron perfect and I understand why young healthy people don't want it.

These are rational points of discussion but a large subgroup is believing a bunch of nonsense due to a strong distrust of the government.

Last edited:
Read the Mueller Report and the Republican authored Senate Intelligence Committee Report. Russia and complicity with the Trump campaign are established beyond a doubt(as demonstrated by the Republican authors of each report). Only Trump and RW media call it a hoax.
Rally something Trump didn’t get indicted. What are they waiting for?

People can get vaccinated or not. It is their choice. The vaccine is far fron perfect and I understand why young healthy people don't want it.

These are rational points of discussion but a large subgroup is believing a bunch of nonsense due to a strong distrust of the government.
Funny, before you became a deranged leftist this quote would have resonated with you.

See Jeff, distrust of government is neither a new thing or a novel concept. In fact, the United States was founded on that very principle.

Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest
I am talking about actual conventions that are held in exposition halls with general public attendance.
I know of five people that believe in the Q stuff. They are from 5 different walks of life and five different states. None of them have attended a rally or conference. They do spend a lot of time on telegraph and other social media platforms. They seem to watch a lot of videos. Literally 4 to 6 hours a day in videos. I am not disputing there are conventions, but this is the first I have heard of them. It appears a few Q followers trespassed at the capital. They were arrested prosecuted and jailed.

The loons that bought into or sold the Russia narrative tried to impeach a sitting US president. They also put together a band of lawyers that were political enemies to that president and allowed them overreaching powers like breaching attorney client privilege. Many responsible for what I listed were hailed as heroes by the media. Have any been prosecuted or jailed?

I see the difference. Do you?

I would have liked this post except for the last sentence. People have been believing nonsense going back to the beginning of time.

Funny, before you became a deranged leftist this quote would have resonated with you.

See Jeff, distrust of government is neither a new thing or a novel concept. In fact, the United States was founded on that very principle.

It's one thing to have a healthy skepticism about governmental overreach. It's an entirely different matter to believe Qanon nonsense or that there are microchips in Covid vaccines. Or do you believe there is a satanic pedophile ring among the global elites?

Reactions: stoneaxe27

During the time of Carter I was a Series 7 Registered representative ( commonly called a Stockbroker ).

The best rated AAA Triple Tax Exempt bonds were paying 12 % interest. ( $ 1,200 in interest per $ 10,000 bond held, ) It was almost impossible to sell them to Clients because they were waiting for the rates to increase. They would buy lower rated bonds to get the interest return of 15 % or higher 1

Those AAA bonds all got called as those debt issues got called at between 103 to 106 ( paid the bond holder 10,300 to 10,600 as debt issuers refinanced. A taxable capital gain.

If you look at our government and medical history there's at least a somewhat reasonable amount of distrust.

Anytime money is at play there's a conflict of interest in situations. To look the other way on that is absurd and naïve.

Now I'm not running around telling people that they are being injected with Bill Gates nanobots or whatever else xyz. I do think it's a personal choice as to whether you get it.

I just don't think it's fair or particularly productive (not saying you're doing this here) to group anybody who's hesitant to get this vaccine as a conspiracy theorist.

It's perfectly reasonable to be nervous about getting it.

It's one thing to have a healthy skepticism about governmental overreach. It's an entirely different matter to believe Qanon nonsense or that there are microchips in Covid vaccines. Or do you believe there is a satanic pedophile ring among the global elites?
It is one thing to waste ones time watching silly videos and another to use the DOJ to bring down a sitting president over a lie.

Reactions: tjfleck6 and bung23
If you look at our government and medical history there's at least a somewhat reasonable amount of distrust.

Anytime money is at play there's a conflict of interest in situations. To look the other way on that is absurd and naïve.

Now I'm not running around telling people that they are being injected with Bill Gates nanobots or whatever else xyz. I do think it's a personal choice as to whether you get it.

I just don't think it's fair or particularly productive (not saying you're doing this here) to group anybody who's hesitant to get this vaccine as a conspiracy theorist.

It's perfectly reasonable to be nervous about getting it.
Agreed. There are certainly very credible reasons for vaccine hesitancy.
However, when Trump gets booed at his rally for saying he received a booster that tells me that some people are very entrenched in their positions.

That is the BS attitude that leads people to distrust. Even my father at the end of his life picked up the Reagan FOX BS that government can never do anything right. I said -oh, it got you out of the depression when you were a kid, it took the 17th ranked military in the world and turned it into a super power, and defeated the greatest military state the world had seen, and a fanatical state on the other side of the world at the same time and defeated them both in about 3 years, built the interstate highway system, put a man on the moon. Save with the Reagan nonsense. RW irrationally hate government.

• Haha
Reactions: fleetline
It is one thing to waste ones time watching silly videos and another to use the DOJ to bring down a sitting president over a lie.
I see you continue to refuse to read the Mueller Report or the Senate Intel Committee Report written by REPUBLICANS chaired by Marco Rubio. Until you do you are just repeating the BS you picked up on RW media, and not dealing with reality.

• Haha
Reactions: fleetline
I see you continue to refuse to read the Mueller Report or the Senate Intel Committee Report written by REPUBLICANS chaired by Marco Rubio. Until you do you are just repeating the BS you picked up on RW media, and not dealing with reality.

“No one ever found any proof of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians.”

Let me guess, NPR is RW? Hillary’s team actually worked with a Russian to take down Trump. Pretty ironic, isn’t it?

IN New Jersey there is a form that Police Officers can fill out that forces NJ DL holders to take a new Driver's driving test to have a DL issued in NJ.

I wonder if Delaware has such a form ?
Arizona gives seniors a DL that is good for 5 years! A real blessing.

You would be correct. I have not read every word in the Mueller report. I did watch Mueller testify in front of congress. It was sad to see this old guy stumble, stammer, not recall and generally look confused. Also, I do know that the original Mueller report, written by the political enemies of Trump, stated that no American willfully colluded with Russia. The 16 leftwing attorneys given complete autonomy to investigate the president came to that conclusion, not the RW media. I also know the origin of the Steele dossier. It is hard to understand what happened if you cannot accept those simple facts.

You are every bit as hood winked as any Q person.

Hey Jeff - you really know how to own yourself.

One, there is a pedophile ring at CNN and have you heard of Jeffrey Epstein and his pals Prince Andrew, President Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, and Tom Hanks among others? One of the sickos at CNN was Jake Tappers producer. CNN certainly supported abusers of women and children.

Two, no implanted microchips? Perhaps you should attend a Q convention and let us know how it goes. You might learn something and pass it on. A conspiracy to you 48 hours ago is now a reality in the last 24 hours. Implanted chips acting as Covid passports.

That is the BS attitude that leads people to distrust. Even my father at the end of his life picked up the Reagan FOX BS that government can never do anything right. I said -oh, it got you out of the depression when you were a kid, it took the 17th ranked military in the world and turned it into a super power, and defeated the greatest military state the world had seen, and a fanatical state on the other side of the world at the same time and defeated them both in about 3 years, built the interstate highway system, put a man on the moon. Save with the Reagan nonsense. RW irrationally hate government.

What a bunch of nonsense. My takeaway from this post is there is a very slim chance you will wake up on your deathbed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT