ADVERTISEMENT

Some CBB Thoughts

dtrain79

Gold Member
Jul 13, 2006
-I'm taking UK over WSU, WI over AZ, Duke over Gonzaga, and OK over NCSU this weekend. In all honesty, it could be a wild S16. Don't really think X can beat AZ, but I think it's realistic that any other team could win, including WVU over UK. Huggins is 8-2 career against Cal, and there's no pressure on WVU. Huggins beat UK/Cal in 2010 with a WVU team that probably wasn't more talented than this one. You guys tell me who is better - this year's UK or the 2010 one starting Eric Bledsoe, John Wall, and Demarcus Cousins? I'll take the older guys, personally (yet another example of how this year's UK team is more hype than reality).

-Chasson Randle is now the second leading scorer at Stanford, and apparently has a good shot to get to #1 in the NIT FF. He's not even the biggest miss from Weber's last two seasons, that honor goes to Fred Van Vleet. Hey, there are plenty of misses in cbb every year, but BWeb prioritizing Orris and not VV is a level of crazy I can't even begin to fathom. One of my rules on this board is this - if the local folks really start hyping a kid, he's probably good. They see him more than anyone. It was why I had almost no doubt Randle was better than Abrams. The Rockford folks on here all kept saying VV was a stud, and there we were crying for a PG, any PG. What an epic miss!

-Don't want to belabor today's MT debate from another thread. But what happened with Marcus Foster again shows how right I was. Marcus Foster is transferring. It's a huge black mark on Weber's already completely horse**** resume. And so what does Weber do to "save face"? Claims to dismiss Foster and some other nobody. Can you imagine how much Foster laughed about that one? He likely quit the day their season ended. I'll never understand how someone can claim MT botched the Weber dismissal based on the Weber narrative - just like this Foster situation, it's always a lie to make Bruce look like something he isn't. If he's academically good, Duke would probably take Foster. He's that good, really. I've heard SMU.

-With Foster gone, KSU is now the worst team in the B12 next season. Impressive Bruce, from a tie for first in Year One (thanks Frank Martin) to dead freaking last in Year Four (maybe you'll get lucky and finish 9th ahead of Texas Tech, maybe). To me, this speaks to how hard it is not to succeed at IL. Maybe I should be madder at Groce rather than just disappointed. BWeb has annihilated KSU in less time than it takes an undergrad to finish.

-Herb Sendek getting fired closes one of the worst modern cbb coaching careers. I mean, he made my man BW look like a coaching genius.

-Neither Bobby Hurley nor Bryce Drew is a coach I want to see at DePaul. Any chance we could hire Drew? There's a candidate we can all get behind, I'd think. Former NBA player (hell, he was decent), great coaching pedigree, good coaching success, and Roger Powell can coach the bigs. Let's get Alec Peters to come with, and this looks genius.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News