ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the year that unites most posters?

KYILLINI7

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2007
Sorry for the novel
Can Groce recruit
It appears we will not compete for top talent for whatever reason. We always seem to get a visit or named in the final 3 but never the break through on top 30 kids. I think you can go top 75 or even 100 for a PG who is in higher demand as a floor leader. I believe the ante is a little higher on those kids. We must win getting the time of kids we are getting now with a JCL or Black breakthrough here and there. If we are winning we might increase the frequency of that type of player. I believe most of us agree with this. Most here are not very naïve.

Can Groce and staff check up and develop
We find out this year.... thus the thread title. I can't speak for everyone but I believe most of us agree we have enough raw talent on the roster to win. Injuries have hurt but I believe we still have enough talent with kids who actually look to have more talent than ranking (for once). Some posters want to predict. I really don't care about predicting because Groce is going to get a runway. You might as well hope for the best because he will get his time and he won't be gone any earlier or later based on your prediction. Too each his own. If we agree on the talent level being competitive then we can agree that this year will show is ability or inability to coach up and field a team. The extra challenges with injuries has forced a greater sense of urgency for everyone and pressure is not a bad thing. We get to see what the staff is made of this year. Agree

Can Groce and staff coach well enough to beat good coaches
I know we have a lot of new players on the court. But....I am taken back by spectating, defensive intensity, standing on offense, and basic fundamental breakdowns like blocking out or moving underneath a screen on a three point shooter. Maybe the staff is overwhelmed by change but they better figure it out. They do have time to get it together and can gain momentum as they do by adding injured players back into the rotation that already do the fundamentals. Again... I believe we can all agree we get to see what the staff is made of this year. Agree?

I think we make a jump next year with a pretty good upperclass. When you do not have 5 stars the seniors matter. We will get a very good look this year at how Groce and the staff can handle coaching up, and blending a young team. We have to get it together by the conference and we know going in we may need better than 10-8 to make the NCAA. I believe we have the talent on the team to be 11-7 or even a little better. We have a lot of attention to detail that need addressed before we can get there. Enjoy the ride folks. Might be rough but don't tell me you are not a little excited about the Finke, AJ, JCH and DJ. I like our kids a lot. They have blemishes but they are pretty talented.

I hope Groce succeeds because if he pulls this off... He has a great shot at a tremendous 2017 class. If he does not then we are in transition when those kids are making commitments an I don't have much confidence in a strong hire to replace him. Will he do it? I have no idea. At the rate we are going ....it's a hell no (that was for you slack).

One thing we can maybe all agree on is the stage is set for Groce to be a
hero or a zero.

Reactions: bfa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News