ADVERTISEMENT

Illini was in to see '16 PG, Braxton Beverly

captainillini

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2005
a Galaxy Far, Far Away
I just spent some time watching video of this kid. My first reaction was he'll be a good Mid-Major player, but couldn't handle the physicality of the B1G. Then I watched 3 more 'recent' videos, and thought he had some game that could help the Illini win some games after red-shirting Freshman year. I don't see him being a star PG, and more likely a back-up, but it's obvious we need to recruit PG's, as well as back up PG's. Plus, I can guarantee this kid won't back down from a challenge, won't expect a starting position, and won't expect mins, but he'll fight for all of them.

I realize he's the type of recruit that many posters on here will scoff at, and complain about, that "this" is where our program has gone. Recruiting mid-major players, etc, etc, etc, but Beverly reminds me of my bro, Matt Heldman, and that kid could play ball at any college level.

I liked Beverly's shot. His arm form seems really good, no chicken wing at all. He's got really good vision, and handles, and can get space when needed. He seems like a great leader, per some interview video I saw, and he'll be #2 or #3 player in the state of Kentucky. Plus he's been living basketball since a kid. I say keep watching, and recruiting him.

No time to attach a video, but I will later, unless someone else wants to.

Thoughts?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News