ADVERTISEMENT

Current events

I may not live long enough to see it but I wouldn't be surprised to see Elon Musk as the Republican candidate at some point. The Republicans need to reinvent themselves as more pragmatic and less ideological as they lose millions of supporters every year through "attrition". It would be hard for any regular politician to pull this off but he seems like the alpha that could do it. I have no idea what he stands for on each issue but his stance on free speech is a good start. The political processes of even 20 years ago are antiquated in this era of social media so Musk, even as soon as 2028 could happen.
The Constitution prevents that.

I may not live long enough to see it but I wouldn't be surprised to see Elon Musk as the Republican candidate at some point. The Republicans need to reinvent themselves as more pragmatic and less ideological as they lose millions of supporters every year through "attrition". It would be hard for any regular politician to pull this off but he seems like the alpha that could do it. I have no idea what he stands for on each issue but his stance on free speech is a good start. The political processes of even 20 years ago are antiquated in this era of social media so Musk, even as soon as 2028 could happen.

More Americans now self-identify as Republican than as Democrat.

There’s a more broad coalition in the GOP now.

About 2/3 of young adults in Australia have “climate anxiety”
Australian's have "climate" anxiety, but it's not from raising sea levels, it's from flies swarming at human's moist areas like eyes and mouths , and the Aussies waving hands to rid the flies!

Averaging out of RCP Presidential polls, Kamala is +1.6. On the same date in 2020 BIden held a +8.9 advantage and in 2016 Clinton sat at a +7.1.

If Harris wins, it's because more people are willing to say they are voting for Trump and the silent Trump voters are not missing data, but otherwise, she's lost.
The pollsters that I follow for honesty and accuracy ! Show (after Fox interview, but not Al Smith Dinner) Trump UP 2 points, 50 % to 48 % nationally , with him winning 312 EC votes !

Reactions: Uncoach
The houtis are attacking merchant shipping . That is a problem
How many of that Commercial shipping are US flagged ships ? Zero % or under 5 % ?

Does England, France, Italy AND other Countries, like ALL of NATO, have planes capable of dropping bombs ?

That is THE answer !

One small company making jeans is not the entire textile industry. It is a niche manufacturer making jeans that cost about twice as much as similar jeans (Target Goodfellow jeans). You think you have made some great point; you have not. I previously said niche products could be made in the US.
Like proven by # 45, tariffs are the answer to slave labor of sweat shops overseas.

Jeff, you'd have to be one of those 1980 Reagan conservatives like you that has moved so far to the right that they are now voting for Harris and Biden (2020) to believe it is a tight race.

Kamala's campaign is flailing and only massive cheating will save the Deep State. Proof? Endangered Dem senators in WI, OH, and PA are now running ads condemning Biden and cozying up to Trump. That's a horrific problem for Democrats. Early voting in Arizona has R ballots turned in being greater than the total of D + I. Usually, the Ds excel at this game. Oh, it is all so anecdotal, but just look at the candidates themselves. Kamala is raging mad like Hillary and Trump had Letia James standing up and applauding him last night. Before that, Trump was visiting a Harlem barber shop filled with AA men.

Nothing is in the bag! All gas ......

Reactions: Uncoach

Also to your point of becoming more pragmatic, I believe they are. The neocons call his "populism'. You can see in the tweet that puts Pew Research into graphs, the Republicans have become a broader tent. I would rather have Vivek, Vance or RDS in 2028. I feel Vivek needs a bit of political experience, but if Trump wins, perhaps he will work with the Administration in some capacity. He is certainly great at presenting ideas and debating liberals. Vance isn't too shabby with that either. RDS has been there and done that as a Governor. As a debater, I'm not sure he is as good as either of them.

Reactions: tjfleck6
Australian's have "climate" anxiety, but it's not from raising sea levels, it's from flies swarming at human's moist areas like eyes and mouths , and the Aussies waving hands to rid the flies!
And here I thought it was from all the poisonous snakes and crocodiles in the outback.

Jeff, you'd have to be one of those 1980 Reagan conservatives like you that has moved so far to the right that they are now voting for Harris and Biden (2020) to believe it is a tight race.

Kamala's campaign is flailing and only massive cheating will save the Deep State. Proof? Endangered Dem senators in WI, OH, and PA are now running ads condemning Biden and cozying up to Trump. That's a horrific problem for Democrats. Early voting in Arizona has R ballots turned in being greater than the total of D + I. Usually, the Ds excel at this game. Oh, it is all so anecdotal, but just look at the candidates themselves. Kamala is raging mad like Hillary and Trump had Letia James standing up and applauding him last night. Before that, Trump was visiting a Harlem barber shop filled with AA men.

Here we go again! Trump wins - elections fair. Trump loses - elections fixed.
Do you see a problem with that logic?

Let's please stop with this nonsense.

One small company making jeans is not the entire textile industry. It is a niche manufacturer making jeans that cost about twice as much as similar jeans (Target Goodfellow jeans). You think you have made some great point; you have not. I previously said niche products could be made in the US.
Are the people who shop at Target his target market? Yes or no?

If people thought Trump had a high turnover rate of employees, just wait for Kamala. She's just plain nasty from what I understand. I don't know why people are like that. I can't be successful without the team that works for me.

Reactions: tjfleck6
Are the people who shop at Target his target market? Yes or no?
I did some research on the brand and the jeans are comparable to those sold at Target.
The only way you can make money is to sell jeans at a much higher price than the equivalent jeans made oversea.
I think this type of strategy may work for a small business. It just cannot work on a large scale.

And here I thought it was from all the poisonous snakes and crocodiles in the outback.

I worked in western Australia for 6 months over several years. I only saw one snake in the foundation of an ET (apparently it was the 3rd deadliest snake in the world). I stayed in the town of Geraldton (it is on every globe in the world because there is nothing else on the west coast between Perth and Broome). During shark week, they showed a couple of teens from Geraldton encountering a big and deadly sharp on video. There is some extremely tiny and deadly jellyfish that managed to penetrate an impenetrable diving suit hospitalizing the scientist studying it for 40 days (death was all he asked for). Essentially, Australia is Arizona on steroids with a marine component.

They are dam fools for believing this nonsense that Jeff also believes. Their impact on the world with 24M people and 300M Kangaroos is essentially zip. China loves their coal and minerals though - ships lined up 7 deep at the massively expanded Geraldton port to collect iron ore destined for mainland China.

Here we go again! Trump wins - elections fair. Trump loses - elections fixed.
Do you see a problem with that logic?

Let's please stop with this nonsense.
Jeff - if you cared about the USA post-Jeff, your opinion would mean something. You don't, so I don't.

Keeping your head in the sand is a good look for you. What did Joe Biden 'win' Arizona by in 2020? 11,000 votes.

Well, the far left AZ SOS won't release the names of the 218,000 people on voter rolls who haven't provided proof of citizenship. Transparity is important until its not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT