ADVERTISEMENT

All Illini junior day content here (notes, recruiting updates, video)

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
We will link all of our junior day content in this thread, and it will be on the front page. We talked to around 20 2020 recruits, plus 2019 signees Isaiah Williams, Shammond Cooper, and Marquez Beason. Keith Randolph and Kyron Cumby were also there today.

A few notes:

* Illinois will likely to try to get Reggie Love to commit. Currently, he plans to name a top 5 on April 13, then commit sometime this spring or summer. Illinois is in good position and may feel they can get him to pull the trigger sooner.

* The new coaches will pay dividends in recruiting.

A top kid that Keynodo Hudson was recruiting to FA was added to the junior day list late. Cornerback Derek Bermudez from Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood, who has a good offer list.

Mike Bellamy convinced cornerback Miquon Grace from Cincinnati Winton Woods to visit. Grace is a kid Bellamy was recruiting at Toledo.

Bellamy's name was also mentioned a lot by the Chicago-land kids. He should do better in-state than Luke Butkus and Thad Ward did.

* Illinois offered defensive end Joe Moore from St. Louis Cardinal Ritter following his junior day visit.

* This was my first time seeing defensive end Noah Arinze from Webster Groves (MO) in person. Impressive kid on the hoof. Illinois loves this kid's length. Looks about 6-foot-5. Austin Clark spent quite a bit of time talking to Arinze and he's a priority recruit.

* Illinois has made inroads with WR Jadon Thompson and S Antonio Johnson. These are two kids they were struggling to gain momentum with, but that appears to have changed.

* Offensive lineman Kevo Wesley has obviously spent some quality time in the weight room since we saw him during last football season. He's huge in the upper body and looks in the 285 range now.

* I don't believe Quadre Nicholson or Christian Fitzpatrick made it today. I didn't see them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News