ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Oh Shit Dems. The Governor, Mayor want to pay their respects and you make it about the DEMS. How pathetic. That is like Putin or Kim coming. You guys are a mess.

21 arrests and out on the streets because of progressive policy/DA. New Yorkers have more to fear about that than Putin, despite the best efforts of American media.

Am I the only person who realizes that the cop’s family looks bad for turning a wake into a partisan event?

If they want to call out bad immigration and criminal justice policy, that is their right. Booting people out and turning it into a circus, not great.
The last thing needed at the funeral of that cop are the politicians who helped create the very environment in which the cop was killed. You attend a visitation and/or funeral out of respect for the dead and to support the grieving family. Those politicians who were kicked out were increasing their grief. They showed no respect to the cop while he was living. The family owes them nothing. I don’t recall Trump attending McCain’s funeral. There’s a reason for that.

The last thing needed at the funeral of that cop are the politicians who helped create the very environment in which the cop was killed. You attend a visitation and/or funeral out of respect for the dead and to support the grieving family. Those politicians who were kicked out were increasing their grief. They showed no respect to the cop while he was living. The family owes them nothing. I don’t recall Trump attending McCain’s funeral. There’s a reason for that.

Pretty sure they disinvited him, which came off as rather petty.

And even if you blame the immigration system and bail laws, Eric Adams is an ex-cop who has spoken out against the immigration failings and got elected after the stupid bail laws were passed. Why him?

And even if you blame the immigration system and bail laws, Eric Adams is an ex-cop who has spoken out against the immigration failings and got elected after the stupid bail laws were passed. Why him?
Adams is a retired Captain who takes Civil Service tests well. To get promoted to Sgt, Lt and Capt in the NYPD . He never rose above testing.

Adams spoke FOR sanctuary city status for NYC and approved the 1 Billion reduction to the NYPD budget. Why not him ?

• Wow
Reactions: bung23 and ILisBest
They did. He deserved not to be invited. There are people I wouldn’t have wanted to see at my dad’s funeral. Glad they didn’t show up.

One could argue McCain is different because he had a personal feud with Trump. It was still petty. McCain was know to be that btw.

These folks have no personal feud with any pols btw. I get what they are upset about.

Separately, reading on this, not sure it was the family but instead other attendees who got fired up. Anyhow … we can be respectful at a funeral, I hope.

Adams is a retired Captain who takes Civil Service tests well. To get promoted to Sgt, Lt and Capt in the NYPD . He never rose above testing.

Adams spoke FOR sanctuary city status for NYC and approved the 1 Billion reduction to the NYPD budget. Why not him ?

Adams has been pretty open about the problems caused by the sanctuary city laws for awhile now.

One could argue McCain is different because he had a personal feud with Trump. It was still petty. McCain was know to be that btw.

These folks have no personal feud with any pols btw. I get what they are upset about.

Separately, reading on this, not sure it was the family but instead other attendees who got fired up. Anyhow … we can be respectful at a funeral, I hope.
You have NO clue about what you opine !

It's NOTHING BUT PERSONAL, when their policies are directly the reason those idiots have blood on their hands !

You "reading up on this ", means you have no idea of what you speak !

You have NO clue about what you opine !

It's NOTHING BUT PERSONAL, when their policies are directly the reason those idiots have blood on their hands !

You "reading up on this ", means you have no idea of what you speak !

You’re right, I simply am not governed by my emotional reaction to everything that happens in my life or others.

I’m pretty sure police definitely shouldn’t be either.

• Haha
Reactions: tjfleck6
In my lifetime, the Democratic Party has spent countless hours discussing how GOP policies are KILLING PEOPLE.

In my personal war against hypocrisy … I find the new GOP efforts to do this equally galling and sickening. Awesome.

I personally think the killer here was the guy who shot the PO.

He is a DEM !

In my lifetime, the Democratic Party has spent countless hours discussing how GOP policies are KILLING PEOPLE.

In my personal war against hypocrisy … I find the new GOP efforts to do this equally galling and sickening. Awesome.

I personally think the killer here was the guy who shot the PO.

Yes, they have.

Now, when progressive Dem policy directly led to this murderer being in the streets, people should just be polite and leave politics out of it.

Last edited:
Adams has been pretty open about the problems caused by the sanctuary city laws for awhile now.
"I F****** up !", Adams.....hasn't really said that.

But STILL has not rescinded the sanctuary city status of NYC !

OR

Increased the NYPD budget , CANCELLING recruiting NYPD classes for years doesn't relieve the problem of THOUSANDS leaving the force..... nor has a freeze in promotions helped morale.......nor MANADORY OT in the subways of 4 hours after you have worked a full tour....Nor stationing hundreds of NYSP and National Guard to check bags of little old ladies and other law abiding citizens on the platform entrances.

Speak of some things you know in Texass, but acknowledge that I know more about law enforcement in and around NYC !

You can argue for a living in the Courts, better use of your time.

Last edited:
Hop on the Electric Vehicle bandwagon, just DON'T think you will be able to unload it after sleeping in the woods as you search for a charging station.

Current trade in data is showing that used EV's depreciate around 30 % (Yep, that's THIRTY) while gasoline cars depreciate at 3 % (THREE) the first year.

I mention the woods, because one of the Dentists Mary Anne works for went into upper Vermont to peep at the leaves and slept in their EV as they ran out of range and couldn't find any charging stations. Next day service truck found them and was able to charge enough to find a charging station.

They thought it was an adventure, but temps were OK that night.

Hop on the Electric Vehicle bandwagon, just DON'T think you will be able to unload it after sleeping in the woods as you search for a charging station.

Current trade in data is showing that used EV's depreciate around 30 % (Yep, that's THIRTY) while gasoline cars depreciate at 3 % (THREE) the first year.

I mention the woods, because one of the Dentists Mary Anne works for went into upper Vermont to peep at the leaves and slept in their EV as they ran out of range and couldn't find any charging stations. Next day service truck found them and was able to charge enough to find a charging station.

They thought it was an adventure, but temps were OK that night.
That’s why hybrids are the better deal, IMHO.

Reactions: ILisBest
Yes, he has recently changed course verbally, but has changed nothing. Has anyone told him he is the mayor?

Sanctuary city policy has become a reliable talking point for Republicans who have sought to blame Democrats for dysfunction at the US Mexico border.

Adams’ shift also underscores the challenge faced by several Democratic mayors across the nation who have historically been supportive of sanctuary city policies.

Proponents of sanctuary city policies, for their part, have long argued the policies ultimately make cities safer for everyone, including migrant communities who are often vulnerable to crime and fear speaking to law enforcement.

The above is from the leftwing CNN discussing how Republicans are to blame that the left got this one wrong.

CNN on Mayor Adams changing his tune recently.

Fascinatingly, I’d make the same point if it were Republicans ejected. I thought most wakes were open to the public and unless you don’t pay your respects, being there seems completely fine to me.

This country could use a healthy dose of WASP restraint.
Republicans would be respectful enough to not crash a FUNERAL for a photo op.

Maybe Trump should have forced his way into McCains

Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach
Weirdly I’ve worked with or against thousands of lawyers, can only think of 1 or 2 as contemptible as Trump’s lifelong personal counsel.
I had dinner at an attorney's house last night. This person was discussing the lack of moral compass in their profession. I am guessing quite a bit of problems would be found if every attorney was investigated. Cohen potentially gets away with his shenanigans if he didn't work for Trump.

Reactions: bung23 and Uncoach
Yes, he has recently changed course verbally, but has changed nothing. Has anyone told him he is the mayor?

Sanctuary city policy has become a reliable talking point for Republicans who have sought to blame Democrats for dysfunction at the US Mexico border.

Adams’ shift also underscores the challenge faced by several Democratic mayors across the nation who have historically been supportive of sanctuary city policies.

Proponents of sanctuary city policies, for their part, have long argued the policies ultimately make cities safer for everyone, including migrant communities who are often vulnerable to crime and fear speaking to law enforcement.

The above is from the leftwing CNN discussing how Republicans are to blame that the left got this one wrong.

CNN on Mayor Adams changing his tune recently.

My guess is that the City Council must revoke the law.

Reactions: stoneaxe27
I had dinner at an attorney's house last night. This person was discussing the lack of moral compass in their profession. I am guessing quite a bit of problems would be found if every attorney was investigated. Cohen potentially gets away with his shenanigans if he didn't work for Trump.

I have not found this to be the case, but perceptions of problems from 40 years ago die hard.

Republicans would be respectful enough to not crash a FUNERAL for a photo op.

Maybe Trump should have forced his way into McCains

Republicans are just aware the press treats them worse for doing this stuff. But again, I don’t think sympathy is a partisan exercise.

If Trump goes to the McCain funeral, is anyone worse off? Really. The McCains look petty by acting like this was the end of the world.

At least you mentioned a couple of commie dictators in the same sentence as DEMS. You might finally be coming around.
Stupidity that I gave you a slight benefit of the doubt on, now shown to be as big a fool as the rest of the MAGA Circle, although you claim over and over that you are not.
This country is in trouble with people as dumb and taken by a cult as you guys voting.

Lack of a moral compass was discussed, yet you still all support the man with absolutely no sense of morals or honesty. Why?

Lack of a moral compass was discussed, yet you still all support the man with absolutely no sense of morals or honesty. Why?

Don’t agree with you often, but I do here. I’m not sure why Republicans with strong morals have attached themselves to Trump.

YOUR SAVIOUR/CULT LEADER FINELY DESCRIBED---

“His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.”

“He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.”

”...if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.”

Republicans are just aware the press treats them worse for doing this stuff. But again, I don’t think sympathy is a partisan exercise.

If Trump goes to the McCain funeral, is anyone worse off? Really. The McCains look petty by acting like this was the end of the world.
The McCains were probably honoring John's wishes.

It would probably really bother you to know they are also flying back here on a private jet in a couple weeks to attend a Charlie Kirk dinner for 5k per plate at my other neighbors. Are they losers too?

The McCains were probably honoring John's wishes.

McCain never known for his magnanimity.

Clearly this PO took no position on whom should be invited and whom evicted from his wake/funeral. I think we are safe on agreeing there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT