ADVERTISEMENT

What If Scenario -

First off, I think the Illini lose to MIchigan and one other game for a 9-3 record. Being a long time Illini fan, I can't help but feel a stumble along the way. Is 6-3 good enough for West Division Champs, I don't know.
So I don't think this will relevant, just fun to think about.
But what if...
The Illini win out and beat OSU in the Conference Champion game. Would 12-1 and Big 10 Champs be invited to the Playoffs? I think Chase Brown Syndrome of name recognition would keep them out, with 2-SEC, and one each PAC 12 and ACC teams getting in.

A 13-0 Illini team would have to get in. Does this mean the TD catch called incomplete at IU would be the difference? I would think so.

ICYMI: Illini commits in the IHSA playoffs

ILLINOIS COMMITS IN THE IHSA PLAYOFFS​

The pairings for the IHSA football playoffs were released on Saturday and several Illinois commits will be in action.

Duclan Duley, punter, El Paso-Gridley.Class 2A. #9 El Paso (Gridley) (7-2) at #8 Farmington (7-2), Saturday (10/29) at 3:00 p.m.

Kaden Feagin, athlete. Arthur- Lovington-Atwood-Hammond. Class 2A. #10 Arthur (Lovington-Atwood-Hammond) (7-2) at #7 Vandalia (7-2),. Saturday (10/29) at 2:00 p.m.

TJ McMillen, offensive lineman, Wheaton St. Francis. Class 4A. #14 Marengo (5-4) at #3 Wheaton (St. Francis) (8-1). Saturday (10/29) at 1:00 pm.

Antwon Hayden, linebacker, East. St. Louis.
Class 6A #11 Oak Lawn (Richards) (6-3) at #6 East St. Louis (Sr.) (7-2). Friday (10/28) at 7:00 p.m.

Patrick Farrell, defensive end, St. Rita. Class 7A #21 Geneva (6-3) at #12 Chicago (St. Rita), Friday (10/28) at 7:00 p.m.

David Olano, PK, Naperville North. Class 8A. #18 Chicago (Marist) (6-3) at #15 Naperville (North) (7-2). Friday, (10/28) at 7:00 p.m.

Visitors...

Illini commit Zach Perrin is in for his official visit.

2024 wing Chris Riddle on campus for an unofficial. That's an interesting visit. There hasn't been a ton of Illinois buzz IRT Riddle. Good player, power wing who can shoot it.

Reactions: RGS1 and tjfleck6

Preview: Illinois hosts Quincy for exhibition game

Previewing this one just to get the practice in. :)

What changes or additions would you guys like to see with the game previews this season?

I'm going to cheat and watch the exhibition game before publishing my preseason predictions.

Update on Kofi Cockburn's professional career

Login to view embedded media
He signed a contract with a Japanese team. He really struggled in the Summer League while with the Utah Jazz, who signed him to an Exhibit 10 contract for the summer. When Utah opted to sign Micah Potter to a two-way deal a few weeks back, I thought it showed that Utah was moving away from Cockburn and him signing a contract with a team in Japan, I think, cements that thinking.

If you click on the link to that tweet, there is a button that translates the tweet into your preferred langue for those of you who aren't able to read the tweet as it appears -- which I assume is most of you.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT