ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather open up against...

ChiTownChief

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2001
Nebraska on August 28? Or UTSA on Sept. 4?

Cornie is no longer playing a home game on Nov. 13 against Southeastern Louisiana and filled it with Fordam on Sept. 4 leaving Nov. 13 open for both Cornie and us.

Per Nebraska AD Bill Moos:

“We have been actively exploring opportunities to play a home game on Sept. 4 since our Ireland trip to play Illinois was canceled,” Nebraska Athletic Director Bill Moos said. “It was important for several reasons to add a September home game. It provides a better flow to the start of our season for our team, and gives us a valuable early-season showcase for recruits. This will also provide our fans and local businesses with a home game on the traditional season-opening weekend.

“We are appreciative of the flexibility of both Fordham and Southeastern Louisiana to make this schedule change possible late in the process.”

And Nov. 13 was the original date we were supposed to play them.

I highly doubt our game with them gets moved back to the original date in November.

But I was curious amongst Illini fans. Would your rather open up with a conference team in late August and have a bye week late in the season? Or would you rather start with a Non-conf. opponent and play the Cornies late in the season? Seems like half of the teams in the B1G play conference opponents as their fist game this season anyway.

While I like the idea of playing more home games when it is warmer, I would rather play all non-conf first to iron things out before conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News