ADVERTISEMENT

White Out Energy

IlliniJoe81

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006

Not sure why this statement was made (I know the full context makes it much less provocative, but it's being clipped like this.)

I haven't gone to many Illinois football road games but I did go to a "White Out" game in 2008 when we played at Penn State. I will never forget that game as it was the single most raucous crowd I have ever experienced in my life. Not only is it incredibly loud, the whole stadium shakes and some of their cheers are like an earthquake. I'm not sure how in the world I got a ticket to the game and I was sitting in the microscopic Illinois section but it took most of the first half for my heartrate to settle down just as a fan. The all-white is an incredibly striking visual too.

I don't know if it really matters to give fans "bulletin board material" but we are about to experience one of the most intense away game crowds that any of these players will ever witness.

Maybe Bielema is purposely poking the bear (lion, whatever) since he has a strong record of winning at Penn State, but I'm very curious to see how this plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.