ADVERTISEMENT

Vic Law out for the season for Northwestern....

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
Northwestern sophomore forward Vic Law will undergo surgery on a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will miss the 2015-16 season.

“We’re certainly disappointed for Vic,” said Northwestern head men’s basketball coach Chris Collins. “He dedicated himself and made great progress during this offseason, and had a great summer and preseason on the court. I have no doubt that his attitude toward recovery and improvement will be relentless and that he will continue to be a tremendous teammate. We expect a full recovery in 4-6 months and Vic remains a foundational piece of our program for the future.”

Law appeared in all 32 games, including making 19 starts, as a freshman during the 2014-15 season. He averaged 7.0 points and 4.8 rebounds per game while ranking fifth in the Big Ten in conference play with a .442 3-point field goal percentage.

“Making this decision was difficult, but it is absolutely the right one for me and for my team,” Law said. “I’m focused on staying positive, working hard and getting back on the court as quickly as possible. I’m excited to contribute to this group from the sidelines and my teammates know that nobody will be pushing them harder than I will this year.”

Northwestern opens its 2015-16 season at 7 p.m. Friday when it hosts UMass Lowell at Welsh-Ryan Arena.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News