ADVERTISEMENT

To the OrangeandBlueNews subscribers...

Jeremy Werner

Gold Member
Sep 16, 2008
espncu.com
OrangeandBlueNews.com subscribers,

It is a bittersweet occasion that I inform you today that I am leaving OrangeandBlueNews.com to become the publisher of the Illinois affiliate of Scout.com. I am sad to leave OrangeandBlueNews after a fantastic four-year relationship, but I am extremely excited for the personal and professional opportunities ahead.

First, let me give my sincere gratitude to Doug Bucshon for allowing me to continue my greatest professional passion, writing. I studied news-editorial journalism and worked in the newspaper industry for my first two-plus years after graduation from the University of Illinois. I took my current radio job because it was too great of an opportunity to pass up, much like the latest opportunity. I will continue to do my radio show, though I will have to take a few more afternoons off to concentrate on my publishing job. When Doug approached me about joining OrangeandBlueNews as a columnist, I was writing on a personal blog that no one read just because I loved writing and wanted to keep getting in my reps. Doug gave me the opportunity to again write for a professional outlet. He was always proactive in growing my role at OrangeandBlueNews with fresh opportunities, and also dealt with some of my growing pains as I learned to be more of a columnist than reporter (though you certainly need to be latter to be good at the former). I am forever grateful to Doug for those opportunities. He was a great boss.

Thank you to Doug and Brad Sturdy for keeping me informed and for providing an extra opinion. I hope Sturdy remains my sidekick on press row. We've had so many fun conversations talking about the players, coaches and referees who have roamed through Assembly Hall/State Farm Center, and he's taught me a lot about basketball. I hope that continues even if we are "competitors" now. Sturdy is just good people.

Lastly, but most importantly, thank you to you, the OrangeandBlueNews subscribers, for 1) taking time and effort to read my stuff 2) the positive feedback and 3) the constructive criticism. Without your passion for Illinois sports and fair analysis, I wouldn't have these opportunities. You are the bedrock to the future of journalism and sports media, even if the way you receive that media is changing. I hope your desire to consume premium analysis and reporting continues.

I am excited about my new opportunity but am sad to leave this family. I have cherished my opportunities at OrangeandBlueNews.com.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Werner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News