ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Offers.....

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
-Big fan of Justin Smith. I feel like he is going to blow up now when not overshadowed and will be a star. Athletic and has great size for a guard/wing.

-The offer to DaMonte Williams is very good after the spring he has had. He looked great at times this HS season, but also disapeared at times. He got better as the year progressed, however, and has earned this offer with his play. He doesn't wow you with athleticism, but he is very much like Frank in his play and physical attributes.

-Christian Negron is one of those guys that keep outplaying more hyped players. He a combo forward at 6'6, but he can play both inside and out. In the college game this type of kid can really make an impact.

-I'm not as big a fan of the Verge offer, just because I think he has to get his act together off the floor. He is a tremendous scorer, but he struggled to finish at times in the EYBL games. There is a lot of talent there though.

-The new offer to Jordan Goodwin makes sense because this is a guy that produces. He's a 6'4 Forward, but he's a guy a little in the Sergio McClain mold. Idealy he grows into a 6'7 Draymond Green type, which is a stretch, I know, but he keeps answering questions.

-Paul Scruggs is the most dynamic player they have offered recently in 2017. Indiana, Kansas, Purdue, Xavier have already offered. He's a true lead guard. Stud.

-Kris Wilkes is a 5 star forward in 2017 also from Indiana with a ton of teams interested in him. Same schools have offered early on. 6'7 kid that has a ton of potential. Will be tough to get though, IMO.

-Illinois had already offered Tilmon and Eastern, and those guys are no brainers obviously.

-This is a class where Illinois will have 4 or 5 to give, so they need to get some players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News