ADVERTISEMENT

This is Why Illinois!!!

hammer1h

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2003
I've been a member of this board for a long time and seldom post. So after today's game I decided to change that.

So my take....all of you calling for Lovie's and Whitman's heads I'm sure are passionate Illini backers. That said, you're wrong - dead wrong. Josh and Lovie are building this the right way.

I haven't made it back to many Illinois' game since I moved to Scottsdale 25 years ago - but I did make it back last week, for both the game as well as the dedication for the new Football Performance Center, and the Dick Butkus statue. I am a graduate Accounting 84. I grew up in the Champaign area, and I'm a donor - I put my money where my heart is - I support the program win or lose.

This program is definitely on the right trajectory and Lovie and Josh are the reasons. The new Football Performance Center is the best in the Big Ten - likely the best in all of football. Josh and Lovie get all the credit. This facility will make a difference with recruiting - it already has.

The program was definitely devoid of talent when Lovie and Josh came in. The talent level is now much improved. This was a great win today and was important given all the talented recruits in for the game - i suspect today's win was an inflection point for Illinois football.

Time for you all to get on board and support the team - win or lose - it's about the trajectory. Or better yet - if your'e that passionate - donate to the program - that's what fans for other teams do - if you cared as much as you say you do - you would. Just my $.02!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News