ADVERTISEMENT

The slim chance to go to a bowl at 5-7.

ChiTownChief

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2001
First things first. Take care of NW and please end their awful streak against us, obtain the the Land Of Lincoln trophy, play motivated, and go out in style.

With the information I am about to provide, please feel free to correct any errors or add additional information.

As I understand, 82 teams can fill spots for 41 bowl games. If not enough 6 win teams are available, then 5-7 teams are selected using Graduation Success Rate and the schools with the highest rates get selected. I believe that CollegeFootballNews.com indicated we had that highest at 90%. That may be incorrect as I would not know where to find this. I also understand the Pac-12 does not send 5-7 teams to bowl games.

As of this weekend, there are already 73 teams that have 6 wins or more. Next weekend there will be 3 games featuring 5-6 teams, in which the winner will get to 6 wins.

After taking care of business against NW and if we have the highest GSR of all 5-7 teams, it looks like the following results may help us gain a bid (Home teams in caps). All teams that have to lose are either either 5-6 or 4-6 right now.

Tulane beats MEMPHIS (Memphis probably wins)
SMU beats Tulsa
PITT beats Syracuse
VIRGINIA beats VaTech
KANSAS beats WVa (I don't see Kansas winning this)
IOWA STATE beats tcu
utsa beats NORTH TEXAS
Buffalo beats BALL STATE (I see Ball State winning)
Fresno State beats SAN JOSE STATE
Texas A&M beats LSU
GA STATE beats Troy
Coastal Carolina beats SOUTHERN ALABAMA.

And to help UCLA beats Cal and or usc beats CAL, and byu beats USC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News