ADVERTISEMENT

The Schedule ahead

decke1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2005
Indianapolis
With a HUGE game looming in just 3 days, I thought a thread concerning a future game on the schedule would be worth talking about. MTSU is up after North Carolina.

After the UNC game: If we win vs UNC this can be a trap game. This game may prove to be quite tough depending on how healthy we are as a unit on either side of the ball after battling the Tarheels.

MTSU (1-1):
PPG: 40
Net Pass YPG: 270
Net Rush YPG: 184

Led by a solid QB who has completed passes to numerous receivers this year, this will be a nice test for our secondary and pass rushers who won't get a "break" prior to the B1G season opener. Following the UNC passing attack comes another stout challenge as MTSU's strength lies in their pass game.
Their running attack hasn't exactly wowed anyone with an individual rusher as their leading rusher vs. Jackson State totaled 68 yards but they also had a 61 yd rusher and a 45 yd rusher and a team total of 282 yards. Totals which are to be expected. Against Alabama the run game was shut down to no ones surprise.

On defense they seem to run a 4 man front and have some experience at most positions. I still need to watch some games of theirs to see what they do on defense but I imagine a stout Illini passing attack will carve up the defense pretty nicely.
I expect a win in the end and our starters will play the whole game, after enduring a tough first half.
Final score: ILL: 40 MTSU: 17

Thoughts?
Am I way off on the final score for some of you? Sound off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News