ADVERTISEMENT

Texas adds analysts (from Orangebloods)

houstonwolves

Jan 14, 2003
just an example of what a serious football program does for support staff:

The potential addition of David Beaty to Texas football coach Tom Herman’s staff is seemingly moving in the right direction.

I spoke to multiple people about Beaty’s situation on Tuesday and learned there is a renewed optimism that the former Kansas football coach will join the Longhorns as a football analyst in the near future. Nobody has an exact timetable for Beaty’s addition since his attorney is still working out the contract situation with Kansas.

However, one person told me the situation is getting closer to a resolution every day.

In fact, I learned Beaty moved to Austin a few weeks ago in anticipation of joining Herman’s staff soon. As soon as the contract situation is resolved, Beaty will hit the ground running.

Herman previously hired North Carolina coach Larry Fedora, his son, Dillon Fedora, former Houston defensive backs coach Paul Williams, and former Kansas State offensive coordinator Andre Coleman as analysts this offseason. The addition of Beaty would solidify Herman’s strongest crew of analysts during his tenure at Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News