ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting news Sunday update...

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
The Ben Humrichous visit went "well" and Illinois feels pretty good heading into the week.

Ben had some questions about his role, especially with Illinois also bringing in another face-up 4 in Notre Dame transfer Carey Booth. I think those concerns were answered, for the most part

The report from the Evansville media was premature. I have heard that someone close to Humrichous tipped off the reporter and suggested that he committed on his visit.

No specific timetable for a commitment. I think it will be in the next day or so. Not 100% a done deal but I would still say 1. Illinois 2. Villanova 3. Louisville. Villanova is thought to be the main competition.

There are just two more days until the portal window closes. Memphis wing David Jones reportedly wanted to stretch it out as far as he could, explore the NBA Draft, and get as much feedback as possible. Memphis people are 50/50 on whether or not he will portal.

I think it's a mistake to zero in on just the names that have been thrown around on web sites and social media, though. Illinois is very active not just in the portal, but high school ranks, overseas prospects, etc. Something to watch.

I'll update as I hear more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News