ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Five Notes

alec.busse

Jun 11, 2020
It's cold in Champaign this morning with the temperatures under 30 degrees with some decent gusts of wind inside Memorial Stadium.

• QBs largely went Brandon Peters, Isaiah Williams, Matt Robinson, Coran Taylor, Deuce Spann, but Williams did get some first-string reps on out route throws to the TEs
    • Tight ends ran routes on play-action boot leg plays for the QBs
    • A couple of poor throws on out routes to the WRs and TEs, more than there has been, but I think the weather has something to do with that this morning
  • Chase Brown was back at practice wearing a green jersey (no contact) and went through drills as the first string RB with Chase Hayden and Reggie Love as the second and third-string backs. Jakari Norwood was also back at practice and repped as the fourth RB after not being at practice on Tuesday.
  • Pass catchers (WR, TE) have had a lot of drops through the first five practices. I didn't post about that in the first few notes because I wanted to give it time to transpire, but five practices is enough time to say drops are a concern for Illinois right now.
  • Cornerback Marquez Beason returned to practice in a green jersey after sitting out portions of Tuesday with a back injury. Beason repped third at CB with Devon Witherspoon and Tony Adams getting the first two reps. Super senior Kendal Smith went after Beason in most drills
    • CBs do push-ups when they drop interceptions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News