ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts on Sean Adesanya, etc.

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
Sean is another excellent athlete who they will have to teach how to play football. And he won't have the benefit of being at Illinois in the spring.

Edge pass rusher, who can make things happen in space. And at his size, I think he can play either LEO or WILL linebacker. And I know they recruited him to play LEO, but he might be more at home at LB. He doesn't have the length of some of the other guys they have at LEO. He would be a great fit at rush linebacker if this team played a 3-4.

Illinois is piling up these type of athletes, and they have to somehow find a way to get them on the field. I didn't think they were able to do that last season. The learning curve seemed to be too big for a few guys. Hopefully this kid is quicker than Phillips at catching on, and is able to play multiple positions. Phillips was 4 to play 3, so he has some time.

It's almost a no-brainer now that Jihad Ward will have to move inside. I want to see him get reps at DT this spring. There's a log-jam of good athletes on the outside: Paul James, Kenny Nelson, Carroll Phillips, DJ Smoot, and now Adesanya.

SDE Kenny Nelson / Paul James
DT Jihad Ward / Jarred Clements
NT Teko Powell / Rob Bain
LEO DJ Smoot / Carroll Phillips / Sean Adesanya

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News