ADVERTISEMENT

Situational Coaching

David Duhon

Jul 15, 2015
At every level situational coaching can swing 2-3 games a year. You dont have to be a revolutionary x's and o's guy as much as you just cant piss games down your leg with foolishness in crucial spots.

How many games did Zook just hand off to opposing teams with his brain dead situational coaching?

Cubit has shown to at least be a competent coach at a high major school so far. Not calling him brilliant, but at least hes not giftwrapping games for the opponents. Im not sure if hes the long term guy since Im not sure who the AD will be, but I feel comfortable trusting him not to be a bonehead at crucial times.

Mike Riley showed me today why some guys just need to stay in hiding. He barely kept Oregon State afloat for 15 years, nobody really got to really analyze him too closely beacause its Oregon State. But games like today show why some guys are just not built for big boy coaching jobs.

I just hope whoever Illinois hires next they really pay attention to situational coaching. Because losses like the one Nebraska suffered today can sink a season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News