ADVERTISEMENT

Quick update...

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
Have a source close to Gregg Marshall that says he is intrigued by the Illinois job. Wichita getting a 10 seed with 30 wins didn't hurt. There are a couple of timing and logistical issues.

I've reached out to some people around a few candidates and it will be interesting how it shakes out. Archie Miller got a lot of traction yesterday. It's not looking like Indiana will open this year. Ohio State isn't open. He could wait a year and see, but why wait?

I'm told that Scott Drew is interested. Not sure what Illinois would think of that fit.

From a fit standpoint, with regards to the way Whitman works, I could see a guy like Bryce Drew being an ideal candidate for Whitman. Will he move after 1 year is a big question. Knowing him and Roger a little I doubt it. Nashville is a pretty great place to live.

I don't see Sean Miller or Tony Bennett as guys that would move.

I think Mark Smith was close to verballing, would have done it after the season. He will wait and talk to the new coach I hear. They play Simeon Tuesday...should be a good one.

People have asked about team chemistry but some of it is a lack of buy in for certain players. Couple of guys not great teammates, Couple of guys posted some things after Groce was fired. I know a couple then removed it later, but you hate to see that stuff.

Valpo is rrally struggling without Peters and Jubril. Cant score. Illinois shkukd win that one. Dont love Utah matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News