ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for Brad...

UndercoverIllini

Jul 20, 2007
Coastal Command Station
I'm more than a little jazzed about Kofi. Never underestimate the power of UCI meeting a recruit accidentally before the FAU game. Let's dive in, I have a billion questions.

1. Can you give me the odds we had on C. Brown before and after Kofi's commit?

2. When might we hear something on Kaden Archie? I've sifted around a bit and heard a fair bit of hearsay regarding him, his destination, etc. Is this another waiting period before good news?

3. What's the story on Whitney? It's pretty fair to think that he didn't sign because something happened, but the continual rumors at Phog, on national boards, and whispers here and there indicate that not only is he waffling, which we kinda knew, but he might even be looking at CU? Can we still "get me Whitney"?

4. On Kofi's commit, can you comment on Underwood and whether he *closed the deal* like a HC does. Did Underwood pull weight here?

5. I read that Griffin and Ayo both effectively recruited Kofi on his visit. It's fair to say Griffin likes it at Illinois and isn't looking around, yes?

6. Where is that transfer number guess sitting as of now? We still at 1.5? Does that include a certain player who might retire or go on a different sort of scholarship? I thought I heard there is a player who is playing that is out of here next year. Is it a coincidence that one player on the roster is eligible for a fifth year transfer that season?

7. I think I remember you saying Illinois was a tourney team with Kofi next year. Do you stand by this, and has the season shifted this in your mind?

8. True or False: The chances January signs at Illinois and plays his frosh season at Illinois are above 75%.

9. How do you feel that Ayo and Kofi effect in-state recruiting? Specifically, are Adam and DJ watching this all closely? Are there any reactions from area coaches to Illinois landing Optimus Prime to play in the paint?

10. Is our next commit a 2019 or 2020 player?

11. Two parts: a) Is our first 2020 commit going to sign in the fall? b) In your opinion, is his first name Luke?

12. Can you name any non-Illinois 5-star players that Illinois has a really good shot with right now? 2019 and 2020 is fine here.

13. Give me your ceiling for a team that plays Kofi, Ayo, Trent, Giorgi, Griffin, Jones, and Kane.

Thanks as always. You continually do nice work, and I appreciate it.

Final Comment: Congrats on nailing the Kofi story. Lots of UCONN folks saying this was out of nowhere and such, and not much rumbling until the day before, but you accurately called this a while ago. Credit for that is due, so here you go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News